Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

cartel_mc2019_18En.jpg
    Stillill42 wrote: »
    Yep, some great stuff there. There's no way we'll get the National and Bon Iver, though. That would be a huge leap from where they were last year. Give me Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and they can do what they want with the rest.

This is more up to date

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Would these bands have to be playing festivals closer in time to ATN to feature? Or is it's a good sign if they're touring during summer anyways?

Eod100 wrote: »
    Would these bands have to be playing festivals closer in time to ATN to feature? Or is it's a good sign if they're touring during summer anyways?

Playing geographically closer to ATN,

Very little (if any, except The National) of these MAD COOL bands will play in ATN.

I'd look at smaller fests like Dour, Bilbao BBK, Kendal, Tramlines, Standon Calling before I would look to NOS, Mad Cool, Rock Werchter in sharing acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Teenage Fanclub look a definite runner. They're on in Glasgow on the Tuesday before and play a festival in Barcelona the weekend after. They'd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I am going to guess a couple of these names as they seem to be around at the time:
    Father John Misty - I think he could be one of the headliners, playing in Glasgow on the Friday and a couple more festivals in Europe the following weeks.
    Jungle - Playing plenty of European festivals around then and have played at Metropolis & Forbidden Fruit with POD in the last few years.
    Richie Hawtin - same as above, POD always book him and would fill a main stage dance slot.
    Modeselektor - electronic act for one of the tents like Booka Shade or Nils Frahm last year?
    Neneh Cherry - old school act who is back touring this summer.
    Primal Scream - seems like they would suit the demographic of the festival and are playing lots of festivals including the weeks before and after ATN.

Would love Bon Iver but I think himself and The National would be too big a pull for ATN.

• Advertisement

I am going to guess a couple of these names as they seem to be around at the time:
    Father John Misty - I think he could be one of the headliners, playing in Glasgow on the Friday and a couple more festivals in Europe the following weeks.
    Jungle - Playing plenty of European festivals around then and have played at Metropolis & Forbidden Fruit with POD in the last few years.
    Richie Hawtin - same as above, POD always book him and would fill a main stage dance slot.
    Modeselektor - electronic act for one of the tents like Booka Shade or Nils Frahm last year?
    Neneh Cherry - old school act who is back touring this summer.
    Primal Scream - seems like they would suit the demographic of the festival and are playing lots of festivals including the weeks before and after ATN.

Would love Bon Iver but I think himself and The National would be too big a pull for ATN.

These are all good picks that have a very good chance of making an appearance.

I'm going for Tom Jones as my old school act.

My guess at headliners and some undercard based on whos touring nearby and last year choices,

The National (fleet foxes), Orbital (Underworld) ASH (Villagers), Basement Jaxx DJ set (Mura Masa), Nile Rodgers & Chic (New Power Generation),

KT Tunstall (First Aid Kit), Tom Jones (Chaka Khan), Echo & The Bunnymen (Mogwai),

Simian Mobile Disco DJ Set (Nils Frahm), Damien Jr Gong Marley (Jimmy Cliff)

Truck-Festival-2019-First-Announcement-6PM-EMBARGO-1600x2000.png

These mid size UK fest lineups are insanely good for money spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭4Ad

Truck-Festival-2019-First-Announcement-6PM-EMBARGO-1600x2000.png

Some lineup for that price..
    Has anyone being ?

That's a great line-up. Idles, Shame, Fontaines D.C. and Murder Capital seem to be travelling as a pack this Summer. If I got that lot at Alltogethernow or E.P., I'd be ecstatic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

cartel_mc2019_18En.jpg

This is more up to date

That thursday is ridiculous, the first 6 or 7 acts there could headline any festival in ireland.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    That thursday is ridiculous, the first 6 or 7 acts there could headline any festival in ireland.

Looking forward to vampire weekend especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

That's a great line-up. Idles, Shame, Fontaines D.C. and Murder Capital seem to be travelling as a pack this Summer. If I got that lot at Alltogethernow or E.P., I'd be ecstatic.

Would love to see some guitar bands there this year. They'd be a perfect booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

Is that line-up (or part of it) not already doing Iveagh Gardens?

mrk75 wrote: »
    Is that line-up (or part of it) not already doing Iveagh Gardens?

Think it's just Idles and Rolling Blackouts coastal fever?
    But yeah, they all appear to be mates, Fontaines and Murder Capital supported Shame in Dublin, Fontaines and Shame have both supported Idles I think. All great live bands in their own right and would all be good additions to the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭lc180

Grace Jones is in the UK the same weekend. Another potential lazy booking from POD I reckon.

lc180 wrote: »
    Grace Jones is in the UK the same weekend. Another potential lazy booking from POD I reckon.

Not sure about lazy. Guess logistically and financially it makes sense to get acts playing nearby at same time. Didn't she headline EP a few years back? Wouldn't be a huge fan but relatively big act

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭lc180

Not sure about lazy. Guess logistically and financially it makes sense to get acts playing nearby at same time. Didn't she headline EP a few years back? Wouldn't be a huge fan but relatively big act

I'm a fan of POD festivals but they just seem to re-use the same international acts over and over again between Forbidden Fruit, Metropolis and now ATN.

I'm a fan of POD festivals but they just seem to re-use the same international acts over and over again between Forbidden Fruit, Metropolis and now ATN.

Did she play FF or Metropolis before? Didn't realise that. I guess a lot of festivals do particularly starting out

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Jose Gonzalez is playing in the UK on Thursday 1st. Would be happy to see him being added :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Saw him at Longitude a few years ago early on a hungover sunday, very good gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Heard some rumours at the weekend that the festival wouldn't be going ahead - anyone else hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Based on what?

Highly doubt that's true

marvin80 wrote: »
    Heard some rumours at the weekend that the festival wouldn't be going ahead - anyone else hear anything?

Could this be Castlepalooza you speak of?

They came out today saying that they won't go ahead with 2019.

But yeah it'd be a pity if ATN didn't go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Complete horsehite if i ever heard it. With them announcing a headliner and due to announce the 1st part of the lineup in 2 weeks...

Could this be Castlepalooza you speak of?

They came out today saying that they won't go ahead with 2019.

But yeah it'd be a pity if ATN didn't go ahead.

Am I right in thinking they planned to move it to May bank holiday weekend this year? Wonder were they trying to avoid clashing with ATN. Guess only other festival on August bh weekend is Indiependence so tickets for ATN will be more in demand this year..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Complete horsehite if i ever heard it. With them announcing a headliner and due to announce the 1st part of the lineup in 2 weeks...

Just heard it from a friend of a friend - I'd be very surprised as well considering how popular it was last year.

Am I right in thinking they planned to move it to May bank holiday weekend this year? Wonder were they trying to avoid clashing with ATN. Guess only other festival on August bh weekend is Indiependence so tickets for ATN will be more in demand this year..

Yeah you're right, but now postponed till possibly 2020/21

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

If POD are block booking artists I really hope we'll see RY X at ATN.

• Advertisement

llatsni wrote: »
    If POD are block booking artists I really hope we'll see RY X at ATN.

Yeah I quite like his stuff. Getting impatient for lineup even though festival isn't for months!

Advertisement