Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

End of the Road just announced and I would happily transplant the entire thing to All Together Now a month before. Line up includes...

It's fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

sweetie wrote: »
    It's fantastic

jaysus that's a staggeringly good line up-my festival plans may have to change!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

DyPYdl1XQAU7lG7.jpg:large

Judging by PODs other fest Forbidden Fruit i'd worry a little bit at the moment about ATNs lineup. Also with the poor reception to this years Metropolis fest.

Not amazing considering acts touring in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

would be happy with a lot of the above.

Jon Hopkins, Daniel Avery, Kojaque, Mall Grab, Honey Dijon, Laurent Garnier, Joy Orbison, Ross from Friends

Admittedly all (except Kojaque) from the same sort of electronic place but would fill out the afterhours part of ATN nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Judging by PODs other fest Forbidden Fruit i'd worry a little bit at the moment about ATNs lineup. Also with the poor reception to this years Metropolis fest.

I wouldnt worry. Theyve already booked the equiv of Led Zeppelin for indie hipsters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Wooderson wrote: »
    I wouldnt worry. Theyve already booked the equiv of Led Zeppelin for indie hipsters.

Laughed out loud at that. Led 'The National' Zeppelin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,667 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

DyPYdl1XQAU7lG7.jpg:large

Think they had decent line up least hear. No huge acts but decent mid level acts say. Would like to see same this year. Guess that's the way it is when festival is starting out

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

There's an awful lot of decent acts touring this summer that are up for grabs. The National was a bit of a coup for ATN in fairness, if that's the ambition levels for this summer then I am excited about the announcement on the 19th. But, they are competing with EP to a degree so people need to set their expectations accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

There's an awful lot of decent acts touring this summer that are up for grabs. The National was a bit of a coup for ATN in fairness, if that's the ambition levels for this summer then I am excited about the announcement on the 19th. But, they are competing with EP to a degree so people need to set their expectations accordingly.

Yeah I think that is a fair point, IMO the lineup for last year wasn't that amazing but it was more so the excitement of a new festival and the potential the festival has. So I would be wary of setting my expectations too high this year, POD seem to rotate the same acts across their festivals as well so prob worth baring that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

I wouldn't have put The National as a bit of a coup. They've played here every year for the last few years, sometimes (afaik) twice in a year. They're a big name but they're not shy about gigging over here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

hankless wrote: »
    I wouldn't have put The National as a bit of a coup. They've played here every year for the last few years, sometimes (afaik) twice in a year. They're a big name but they're not shy about gigging over here.

I think they're utterly dreadful bedwetters but from an intent of view its a great booking. They're a big band and hopefully a sign of things to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

I agree with everything you've said. I won't be near the main stage when they're playing, but can fully appreciate their appeal and the fame their booking brings to a new, and somewhat small(er) festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭Stillill42

The Nal wrote: »
    I think they're utterly dreadful bedwetters but from an intent of view its a great booking. They're a big band and hopefully a sign of things to come.

Utterly dreadful bedwetters? Wow. I would be interested in your description of most of the dross usually spread over the upper echelons of our nation's Summer festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,667 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Utterly dreadful bedwetters? Wow. I would be interested in your description of most of the dross usually spread over the upper echelons of our nation's Summer festivals.

I'd just be curious what that even means tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Same!

All the good stuff is on the undercard. Same for most/all festivals.

The Nal wrote: »
    Same!

All the good stuff is on the undercard. Same for most/all festivals.

Agreed. I just think the National are well above what passes for headliners usually.

I'm not a huge fan of The National but they are a massive headline act, just look at some of the festivals they are headlining this summer, and what they have headlined in recent years. It's a big statement of intent from ATN, just hope the rest of the line-up is as ambitious

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

A massive picture was removed.... soz

Could we see a few of these at ATN?

Ugh. Ye weren't kidding about the paper tickets. They're dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A massive picture was removed.... soz

Could we see a few of these at ATN?

What event?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

Ugh. Ye weren't kidding about the paper tickets. They're dreadful.

yep they are indeed - unfortunately it'll be print tickets from ticketbastard from now on - those new things aren't worth collecting....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Wooderson

roll wrote: »
    yep they are indeed - unfortunately it'll be print tickets from ticketbastard from now on - those new things aren't worth collecting....

The fest will take your ticket and replace with a wristband.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Groove Armada on the festival circuit with the full band

Groove Armada on the festival circuit with the full band

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Was hoping for Yves Tumor for Atn, but self-confirmed for EP. 1-0 to the big boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

MAD_COOL_2019-1024x771.jpg

... I don't think Bon Iver is beyond the realm of possibility!

Elbow are playing Forbidden Fruit, so "stealing" some past EP headliners isn't out of the question either.

Underworld & Nils Frahm were incredible last year but hopefully there'll be some new big electronic names. Raging I missed Friday for Mogwai & Grandbrothers so some 2018 returns would be good too.

I'm already too excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

llatsni wrote: »
    ... I don't think Bon Iver is beyond the realm of possibility!
    Would bloody love to see BI at this..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Nice lineup, would be happy with most of that. Hopefully Noel Gallagher isn’t playing though, everything since Morning Glory has been gack.

• Advertisement

Yep, some great stuff there. There's no way we'll get the National and Bon Iver, though. That would be a huge leap from where they were last year. Give me Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and they can do what they want with the rest.

Advertisement