Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

If we're taking a few from Forbidden Fruit, I'd be hoping for Peggy Gou, Maribou State and Kojaque too. Would expect Kojaque to be included in an early/mid-summer announcement after FF is over really as part of a strong Irish contingent with the likes of Saint Sister, Fontaines DC, Just Mustard, Wyvern Lingo and maybe someone like Talos.

Other than that, I think it's just Jon Hopkins that I'd want added from the FF bill.

Must say I'm quite excited about the line-up announcement. There doesn't seem to be any really obvious acts lined up, no solid rumours and since it's only the 2nd edition of the festival, it's quite tricky to work out trends or overlaps with other festivals. Could be a total surprise on the 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

144bvr9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

Maribou State were unreal-good at ATN 2018 – Holly Walker was mesmerising. Talos too.

I'm a huge fan but Jon Hopkins was *utterly* underwhelming at Vicar St. last year. Same goes for Four Tet @ FF. Put me off kind of terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,667 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Was there ever a date announced for the lineup btw? Their replies to FB comments says mid February so could be 14th or 15th next week then..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Eod100 wrote: »
    Was there ever a date announced for the lineup btw? Their replies to FB comments says mid February so could be 14th or 15th next week then..

Feb 19th

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

llatsni wrote: »
    Maribou State were unreal-good at ATN 2018 – Holly Walker was mesmerising. Talos too.

I'm a huge fan but Jon Hopkins was *utterly* underwhelming at Vicar St. last year. Same goes for Four Tet @ FF. Put me off kind of terrible.

Wasn't there some crazy technical difficulties at that show? Wiring problems causing an issue for sound and visual elements of the show?

Anyway, with the National already lined up, I'll have at least one act to catch over the weekend. From there, I'm happy with whatever!

For anyone who was there last year - I understand it's Five Lamps and Bulmers are the drinks partners. Is it a range of Five Lamps stuff or just lager? Translation... how many cans do I need to bring with me so that I don't have to buy anything? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just Five Lamps lager from what I remember

I probably bought less than 5 pints the entire weekend. Freeflow cans is wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

The Nal wrote: »

@ The Nal

I asked a simple question based on a rumour - most of this thread is full of rumours of who's going to play etc.

No need for the smart reply you cu*t

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

I'm a huge fan but Jon Hopkins was *utterly* underwhelming at Vicar St. last year.

I was there too. Hands down one of the best electronic gigs I've been to and really enjoyed him showcasing Singularity, one of the best Electronic Albums of the last decade. Made a pact with myself after the gig to never miss one of his sets in Ireland again.

Different strokes for different folks.

Wasn't there some crazy technical difficulties at that show? Wiring problems causing an issue for sound and visual elements of the show?

His visuals failed a bit sporadically at the start so he paused the gig, apologized and turned them off. It didn't matter. The display set up in Vicar Street is amateur at best. Everything else, including the sound, was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

hankless wrote: »
    I was there too. Hands down one of the best electronic gigs I've been to ...

It's mad the way that can happen alright. Dunno what was off for me but I just felt no energy from him, despite being a megafan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Wooderson

marvin80 wrote: »
    @ The Nal

I asked a simple question based on a rumour - most of this thread is full of rumours of who's going to play etc.

Ah Marvin, no need. That might get you an aul bansy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I thought that Jon Hopkins gig was poor as well. By far the worst out of the several times I've seen him. Very short set (70mins of music), and re-played whatever track he stopped for with those visuals problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

It's mad the way that can happen alright. Dunno what was off for me but I just felt no energy from him, despite being a megafan.

Yeah I guess there's many factors that influence a person's perception of a gig or event. For me, the stars aligned!

Considering i got so wrecked at his EP set a few years before (that i can't couldn't remember a thing) i took this one handy with work the next day and was enthralled by the set from start to finish, and sober too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I seen Hopkins the night after in Glasgow and he was great, visuals and sound also bang on.
    Possibly just an off night in Vicar St

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

@ The Nal

:D:D:D:D

Wooderson wrote: »
    Ah Marvin, no need. That might get you an aul bansy. :D

Definitely - totally worth it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

@ The Nal

Jesus it’s the internet. Don’t take that t personally. It was a funny response.

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Jesus it’s the internet. Don’t take that t personally. It was a funny response.

Same as that with my response as well.

Same as that with my response as well.

Punchline needs work.

Unless you're Amy Schumer...

Then there's no hope for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Bless. Everyone getting tetchy as the announcement looms. Marvin to be banned from the kingdom of Alltogethernow, never to darken the townland of Portlaw for the rest of eternity. Nal for the comedy tent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

For anyone who was there last year - I understand it's Five Lamps and Bulmers are the drinks partners. Is it a range of Five Lamps stuff or just lager? Translation... how many cans do I need to bring with me so that I don't have to buy anything? :P

There was another small bar near the house/gardens area where the spoken word tents were that had an 'All Together Now' Pale Ale? Unbranded like. And some other non lagers (maybe the other 5 lamps range), but I can't quite remember what...! I sank a fair few of the ATN Pale Ales, it was good, and slightly cheaper than the other non-lagers.

Also the beefeater stall and the Jameson stall we're near there.

566445158_Screenshot2019-02-06at13_01_29.png.c80b9ba783de027cb33177f3e5dbf155.png

*Draft (due to release later today officially I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

*Draft (due to release later today officially I think)

^ that's pretty grim

sweetie wrote: »
    ^ that's pretty grim

What part of it do you find grim?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

What part of it do you find grim?

lack of big international acts or diversity of musical genres. Don't get me wrong theres 6/7 acts I like playing but they're spread pretty thin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Bless. Everyone getting tetchy as the announcement looms. Marvin to be banned from the kingdom of Alltogethernow, never to darken the townland of Portlaw for the rest of eternity. Nal for the comedy tent.

Would Nal go ? - given his utter hatred of Slane ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

lack of big international acts or diversity of musical genres. Don't get me wrong theres 6/7 acts I like playing but they're spread pretty thin

Really? ATN won't have anything close

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Dear ATN ...
    More of this please this year !!

203293-L-LO.jpg

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

The top two lines are all big international acts (as far as i'm aware they're all from the UK)

But I agree with your other points.

Personally I think it's a great rock lineup for a tiny price.

I do think something needs to be done with making irish fests more affordable, with my EP loyalty ticket i have this @ 155 euro.

But ATN is quite expensive and doesn't deliver money wise to the consumer imo.

What does everyone else think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Eod100 wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking they planned to move it to May bank holiday weekend this year? Wonder were they trying to avoid clashing with ATN. Guess only other festival on August bh weekend is Indiependence so tickets for ATN will be more in demand this year..

It all depends what Beatyard comes up with this year, their lineup was pretty amazing last year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement