Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I'd agree with everything Ferris said above. 160 is unbelievable valu for EP. The music, the music, the music. So much variety, so many stages. I'm on my own the last 2 years and I see 25 plus acts a nd still can't fit loads on to the schedule. On top of that there's a plethora of other stuff going on non-stop. No chance of seeing everything, running out of options. And the place looks magnificent, especially at night. 3 full days of that ****. Remarkable value.

I loved ATN too last year but in a more social, lolling around in the sun with a cool drink sort of way. Which is fine. Some great music but much thinner on the ground. I really missed an area like Body and Soul, Trailer Park or the Salty Dog, somewhere with a bit of character away from Main Stage with music. I know there a few little spots in Curraghmore but nothing that really attracted me. The age restrictions meant an absence of scrotes but the age diversity in Stradbally is not all negative, I've met lots of sound youngsters over the years and my gigs are usually populated by my herd anyhow.

ATN is off to a great start but in terms of value for money for music fans, as opposed to the society crowd, it still has a ways to go to beat EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Wooderson

D.Q wrote: »
    Very interested to see how ATN will fare if the weather isn't so perfect.

The lineup didn't do a whole lot for me (some acts excluded), but was perfectly fine sunny afternoon fare with a pint.

Dunno if I'd have been bothered standing around in the rain for a lot of them

Another thing to note is that big hill between the house and the main arena, not sure I would have been arsed walking down that if it was muddy all weekend.

Aug bank holiday is traditionally decent enough weather, but we could get unlucky.

I betcha you’re a glass half empty kinda guy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

The Nal wrote: »
    I

The sort of outdoor music the country should aspire to.

Stop being a dick. If you don't like something fine

here's a hint instead of your usual passive aggressive snide comments try this next time.

I haven't been but ATN seems to be the opposite of Slane. Well run, loads of amenities and no one-gig-a-decade Dublin knacks or sweaty bog warriors from the midlands out for the day whos favourite song is Sweet Child O' Mine.

There's no need to reply to this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Wooderson wrote: »
    I betcha you’re a glass half empty kinda guy.

My glass is half full of rain water.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Surely there is room in all of our hearts for more than one festival?

That said, Im waiting to see the lineup before getting a ticket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

God there’s a lot of unpleasantness on this thread. Cheer up folks. It’s Spring. Announcement due soon. Less than six months until we hit the road with our cars bursting with cans, power banks and high hopes :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

D.Q wrote: »
    Very interested to see how ATN will fare if the weather isn't so perfect.

The lineup didn't do a whole lot for me (some acts excluded), but was perfectly fine sunny afternoon fare with a pint.

Dunno if I'd have been bothered standing around in the rain for a lot of them

Another thing to note is that big hill between the house and the main arena, not sure I would have been arsed walking down that if it was muddy all weekend.

Aug bank holiday is traditionally decent enough weather, but we could get unlucky.

Like I said last year. I would expect that as this is an established estate, there is likely good drainage in place for many years. But we won't know unless we get the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Cheer up folks. It’s Spring.

Well now you've just started a whole new argument :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

I for one, find The Nals posts bloody hilarious. Especially when he gets a rise like lordgoats. Keep posting as you do sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

PinkCamper wrote: »
    God there’s a lot of unpleasantness on this thread. Cheer up folks. It’s Spring. Announcement due soon. Less than six months until we hit the road with our cars bursting with cans, power banks and high hopes :-)

You can't beat the power bank questions.

That also could genuinely be lyrics to a Picture This Song and they'd think they're geniuses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

Fontaines DC announced
    only festival gig this year apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Fontaines DC announced
    only festival gig this year apparently

Excellent, just ordered the album this morning

Happy with that, where did you see it?

Edit: Oh I see it's on the ATN Fb page, hopefully this is the start of the announcements!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

maximoose wrote: »
    Happy with that, where did you see it?

It's on their Instagram anyway. Heard a lot about these, will have to give them a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

MattD wrote: »
    It's on their Instagram anyway. Heard a lot about these, will have to give them a listen.

I've seen them a couple of times, always enjoyed their shows. A great addition for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

greenspurs wrote: »
    All of that I would agree with, but for me, its some of the clientele that have started going over the last few years that makes me not go to it anymore . Its a pity, but it happens ....
    And that's what attracts me to ATN.... relaxed vibe, very few 'messy' buggers going around... and the weather :)

Is it just possible that as much as the crowd has changed you have too. I always love this argument, awh its gotten too young and too messy. I'm guessing that a good chunk of these complaints come from people who are experiencing the natural decline into middle aged grumpyness.
    I'm old, it hasnt changed all that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

To paraphrase - "These festival goers, I get older, they stay the same age."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Just got the email about it too. Have heard their name a lot but haven't listened to any of their stuff. Are they gonna be drip-feeding announcements so?

Delighted with that. Saw them in the Tivoli before Christmas, loved them. They certainly seem to be adressing concerns about a lack of guitars last year. We're off to a flyer. Keep 'em coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Fonatines DCs new tune released today. New video too, which takes in the breathtaking views of Moore St.

One of them is from Monaghan unfortunately but you can't have everything.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Eod100 wrote: »
    Just got the email about it too. Have heard their name a lot but haven't listened to any of their stuff. Are they gonna be drip-feeding announcements so?

They do a great live gig.

As regards drip feeding, that kinda confused me too. Their first teaser announcement was a massive international band, undoubtedly headlining. The second was an up and coming Irish band. Unclear whether they will be paying daytime mainstage or headlining a smaller tent or somewhere in between. I would've expected the second teaser to be another headliner, so it's a bit odd.

Unless they've spent all their money on the National and so every other band will be smaller local bands!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

That sounds very very like Fugazi's waiting room at the start!!

T
    As regards drip feeding, that kinda confused me too.

It seems to be an announcement along with the bands album announcement, so possibly just a one off and the rest are still coming on 19th?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

They do a great live gig.

As regards drip feeding, that kinda confused me too. Their first teaser announcement was a massive international band, undoubtedly headlining. The second was an up and coming Irish band. Unclear whether they will be paying daytime mainstage or headlining a smaller tent or somewhere in between. I would've expected the second teaser to be another headliner, so it's a bit odd.

Unless they've spent all their money on the National and so every other band will be smaller local bands!

Maybe it's to coincide with announcement of their debut album? And the way it's their only Irish summer festival date. But yeah thought it would be announced with a few others. Gave them a quick listen there. Remind me a bit of a male, rockier version of Courtney Barnett.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Acosta

Music is alright, but I could never warm to those vocals.

Acosta wrote: »

Ah give them a go live. He's a strange character but I found him very charismatic. The voice fits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

And from ATN's instagram, "to coincide with the band's announcement of their debut album ‘Dogrel’ due out to be released 12th April 2019". So just announced due to album being announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Acosta wrote: »

Listening to their new single now BIG,

Lyrically and musically i like it.

I suppose after years of being conditioned to hearing people sing without accents or in a generic style (mostly) I find it hard listening to some Irish/British singers who accentuate what accent they have.

I would like to see them live, i think the GF wouldn't like.

Think this announcement may signal the likelyhood of Shame and Murder Capital also joining the bill as they're touring with each other on the festival circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Listening to their new single now BIG,

Lyrically and musically i like it.

I suppose after years of being conditioned to hearing people sing without accents or in a generic style (mostly) I find it hard listening to some Irish/British singers who accentuate what accent they have.

I would like to see them live, i think the GF wouldn't like.

Think this announcement may signal the likelyhood of Shame and Murder Capital also joining the bill as they're touring with each other on the festival circuit.

Saw the three of them in the Tivoli and felt that Fontaines DC were the best of the three on the night. YMMV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Saw the three of them in the Tivoli and felt that Fontaines DC were the best of the three on the night. YMMV

Big praise as I saw Shame in Belfast and was gobsmacked at how good they were.

Makes me excited to see Fontaines now.

Advertisement