Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Is it just possible that as much as the crowd has changed you have too. I always love this argument, awh its gotten too young and too messy. I'm guessing that a good chunk of these complaints come from people who are experiencing the natural decline into middle aged grumpyness.
    I'm old, it hasnt changed all that much.

I'm not grumpy, older of course.
    You saying I'm wrong that the amount of messiness hasn't increased at EP since 2006/2007 ?
    That's a fact, nothing to do with anyones age, its fairly plain to see.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Fontaines DC announced
    only Irish festival gig this year apparently
    :) FYP.
    I am pretty sure they're playing EOTR in the UK and maybe another one (I saw but can't remember which).
    They are becoming very big very quick.

Great announcement. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Not too excited as you'd be guaranteed to catch them somewhere over the summer. Not sure it warrants a sole band announcement but as someone mentioned coincides with their album release. Their stock is clearly high with the ATN bookers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Delighted with Fountaine DC announcement, his accent makes them beautifully unique, great energy too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Not too excited as you'd be guaranteed to catch them somewhere over the summer. Not sure it warrants a sole band announcement but as someone mentioned coincides with their album release. Their stock is clearly high with the ATN bookers.

Their stock is also very high throughout Irish media/bloggers so it'll probably get a bit of a mention on those platforms too. If they were part of a 30-strong act announcement, they might end up leading the coverage or getting lost in it, but by announcing separately, ATN probably get two days of coverage instead of one.

Happy to see them announced. Haven't seen them yet and I like what I hear so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

They've said this is their only festival this summer.

sweetie wrote: »
    They've said this is their only festival this summer.

What about standalone gigs? Surely after releasing a debut album, they'll be touring the country playing their own gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Saw the three of them in the Tivoli and felt that Fontaines DC were the best of the three on the night. YMMV

I was at that gig too. Didn't know much of them before but was also mighty impressed. Still think Shame were my highlight but it was a cracking gig all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

What about standalone gigs? Surely after releasing a debut album, they'll be touring the country playing their own gigs.

They're playing Seoda Shows birthday in Dolans in a couple of weeks, Feb 22nd,
    gonna try catch this one myself

https://www.dolans.ie/gigs-events-live-music-listings/2019/2/22/seoda-shows-6th-bday-ft-fontaines-dc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Delighted with that. Saw them in the Tivoli before Christmas, loved them. They certainly seem to be adressing concerns about a lack of guitars last year. We're off to a flyer. Keep 'em coming!

Just one loud, sweaty tent please.

Fill it with up and coming guitar bands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Just seeing this on Nialler9s post: "The festival say “There are over 30 more artists to be announced this month and many more to come over the next few months, so keep a watchful eye.” https://nialler9.com/all-together-now-announce-fontaines-d-c-for-only-irish-festival-performance-of-2019/

would be great if they just did one or two a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

D.Q wrote: »

Like a musical advent calendar starting Jan 19th and leading up to Feb 19th.

This is my dream for next year announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

See Bibio has a new track out. No idea if he is touring in the summer but would make a perfect daytime act with his mellow songs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

D.Q wrote: »

I've seen a metal festival that does this. Perfect way to drip feed the lineup and give people a proper window to check out every band.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Nice addition to the festival. They will rock wherever they play. Bit of a coupe to get their only Irish festival

Looking forward to seeing what else is announced

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Paddy2012

The Nal wrote: »
    Fonatines DCs new tune released today. New video too, which takes in the breathtaking views of Moore St.

One of them is from Monaghan unfortunately but you can't have everything.

They were really brilliant at EP last year but I don't think they've quite managed translate their live energy onto record yet (prefer the KEXP live version of this song).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Like a musical advent calendar starting Jan 19th and leading up to Feb 19th.

This is my dream for next year announcements.

I guess we could pick one act a day in the thread
    to investigate and see what we think. Go alphabetically maybe to avoid bias that starting with headliners might bring.

to investigate and see what we think. Go alphabetically maybe to avoid bias that starting with headliners might bring.

Absolutely brilliant idea.

Yeah would allow plenty of discussion. I'm up for this.

So I guess we reviewed fontaines today. We're due supposedly 30 acts on 19th. 30 days of listening one band a day should bring us closer to the 4th announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Brilliant idea!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Yeah would allow plenty of discussion. I'm up for this.

So I guess we reviewed fontaines today. We're due supposedly 30 acts on 19th. 30 days of listening one band a day should bring us closer to the 4th announcement.

Let's try it so. Can't guarantee I'll be active every day, but I will give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Cut Copy and Ladytron maybe?

Screenshot_20190207_183835.thumb.jpg.21539e945da6f4fd6ad4c672239cef3a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭lc180

ORBITAL were announced for the Galways Arts Festival in July, it their only Irish gig this summer so can rule them out for ATN.

Cut copy and Foals would be excellent.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Cut copy and Foals would be excellent.

Foals already doing Trinity a few weeks before so that would rule them out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Foals already doing Trinity a few weeks before so that would rule them out
    Fontaines D.C. already confirmed anyway, that's Foals out.. :p
    G? Garbage... :pac:

Chemical Brothers? :/

9C4A77CE-F257-4BD6-BC7A-EB80FFF2E788.thumb.jpeg.96ddb6a429df3ff0a6762429dc0fc3b8.jpeg

i'd rule these out.

Just noticed this and FYI to anyone wanting to do this.

** Instalment opitions end Friday Febuary 15th **

Payment Dates are as follows: Initial payment €52 + €7.15 service charge. 3 more instalments will take place in or around the following 3 dates: 4th March 2019, 4th May 2019 & 4th July 2019. Total price is €208 + €7.15 service charge

I'd imagine it'll be extended ?

but if it isn't they would really shoot themselves in the foot with people thinking about going but then deciding not too because they can't get this installment scheme. I'd def wait until the lineup arrives on the 19th.

It's a hassle dropping a lot of cash in one go.

• Advertisement

https://www.wildernessfestival.com/

This festival which is over the same weekend as ATN is also annoucing on Feb 19th.

Advertisement