Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocophone F1 - The new flagship killer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

honda boi wrote: »
    Have an annoying problem with the phone.
    The only push notifications that come through are for WhatsApp/messaging app. Been happening more then a week now. I just thought it may fix itself but nope.
    So I don't get notifications for other apps like YouTube etc
    I've changed nothing.
    All apps have no battery saving or restrictions
    All needed permissions and notification boxes ticked.

I haven't been able to get 100% of notifications since I got this phone and basically just live with it now, the whole lock screen, notification, link to notification experience just isn't as polished as I would like but other aspects of the phone more than make up for it.

One bug that has started over the last 2 weeks is the icons to the right of the notch are gone unless I pull the to see notifications and the ability to pull down that notification screen is a lot harder, can't just swipe down like before.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,061 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Anyone have any Google camera issues since the android 10 update?

Send to take ages to process the hdr+

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Didn't get the 10 update yet ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Anyone have any Google camera issues since the android 10 update?

Send to take ages to process the hdr+

Yes, same here

HDR+ processing, seems to "stuck"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Got a software update today, apart from a few aesthetic changes I can't see many major differences.

Still testing out to see what's new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Got the screen replaced today for €50 in capel street. Some places were quoting €90 but most were €65-70.

Happy with the replacement. Don't think it's as good as the original screen but it needed to be done. Took about 90 mins.

There's 2 phone repair shops very close together on capel st. I used the one at 117 hua Wei computers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭leche solara

Got the Android 10 update a few days ago. Haven't noticed the camera problem that others have reported, but notice that data usage isn't showing. Shows no usage for today, yesterday, this month, last month. Anyone else seeing this or any ideas how to resolve. I use this to compare to what my bill shows. Never was bang on accurate comparison but gave an approximation.

Hdr+ issue as well only way to get rid was to force close the camera app its a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Since getting the 10 update recently, has anyone noticed the battery draining extremely rapidly?

Phone was at 100% before I went to bed last night, woke up this morning at it was at 18%

Have also notice apps randomly closing and screen flickering with some apps.

ETA: also notice a few times that the bluetooth connection to the headphones will randomly drop or sometimes skip ahead / back (although this hasn't happened too often).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I updated mine and TBH don't see much changes...though i'm not a heavy user.

• Advertisement

Since getting the 10 update recently, has anyone noticed the battery draining extremely rapidly?

Phone was at 100% before I went to bed last night, woke up this morning at it was at 18%

Have also notice apps randomly closing and screen flickering with some apps.

ETA: also notice a few times that the bluetooth connection to the headphones will randomly drop or sometimes skip ahead / back (although this hasn't happened too often).

i wouldnt describe it as extremely rapidly... but im, on average, closer to 0% by night time than i used to be... im still getting more than a day out of a charge... but as a medium user im having to turn on battery saver every so often now, whereas it was rare for me to do so.

some options here for a quick battery discharge
    https://thedroidguy.com/how-to-fix-xiaomi-pocophone-f1-battery-draining-quickly-1093548

this is also useful to check your battery charge cycles
    at your phone dialler type *#*#6485#*#*

this opens your battery and charger info
    the number after MF_02 is the number of charging cycles the battery has gone through.
    Mine is currently 355 cycles, and i have the phone 373 days.

Its estimated that its not till after 500 cycles does the battery begin to show lower capacity and effectiveness

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

i wouldnt describe it as extremely rapidly... but im, on average, closer to 0% by night time than i used to be... im still getting more than a day out of a charge... but as a medium user im having to turn on battery saver every so often now, whereas it was rare for me to do so.

some options here for a quick battery discharge
    https://thedroidguy.com/how-to-fix-xiaomi-pocophone-f1-battery-draining-quickly-1093548

this is also useful to check your battery charge cycles
    at your phone dialler type *#*#6845#*#*

this opens your battery and charger info
    the number after MF_02 is the number of charging cycles the battery has gone through.
    Mine is currently 355 cycles, and i have the phone 373 days.

Its estimated that its not till after 500 cycles does the battery begin to show lower capacity and effectiveness

Just tried that combo of numbers didn't seem to do anything something flashed up but did not show anything.

Just tried that combo of numbers didn't seem to do anything something flashed up but did not show anything.

have you upgraded to miui 11 yet ?

edit: my bad... its *#*#6485#*#*

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

have you upgraded to miui 11 yet ?

edit: my bad... its *#*#6485#*#*

Worked a treat thanks for that, have 175 have the phone since sep 2019.

Strange, mine is just displaying N/A for mf_02

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Snotty wrote: »

Mine too

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Mine too

Someone stole our god dam battery!!!

Feic me too 😒

That's weird, and are ye all on the miui11 update?

Yup 11.0.4

• Advertisement

Since the update, various keyboards have been freezing on me, causing me to exit the app (say chrome for example) just for a second before it will let me resume typing.

Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

McMurphy wrote: »
    Since the update, various keyboards have been freezing on me, causing me to exit the app (say chrome for example) just for a second before it will let me resume typing.

Anyone else?

Yeah had this happen last night after updating yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Snotty wrote: »

Mine works fine on 11.0.5

Might hold off on installing the latest upgrade though. Seems buggy. Afaik updating to this apk will fix the google camera problem though.

Mine works fine on 11.0.5

Might hold off on installing the latest upgrade though. Seems buggy. Afaik updating to this apk will fix the google camera problem though.

I would personally. Hopefully there'll be a further update shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Has there been any news on a successor to the F1?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Duff wrote: »
    Has there been any news on a successor to the F1?

People were getting excited for a short while with news of an imminent launch, then they announced the X2 which is a Redmi K30 rebrand, not an upgrade from the F1.

Could be a while waiting. Have to say, the F1 still feels snappy anyway and it's great for emulation, the only thing I was ever sour about was the lack of NFC. The charge port seems to be prone to failure over time as well, it sometimes disconnects and reconnects in quick succession so that problem will presumably get worse. Probably not a problem for people who baby their phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Anyone else?

I use Gboard and as you said it's freezing especially on Chrome.

Anyone else noticed a bit of lag between taking a photo and the photo actually appearing in the gallery app?

Anyone else noticed a bit of lag between taking a photo and the photo actually appearing in the gallery app?

Do you use Google camera?

• Advertisement

Battery defo not great since the last update. Just about getting a day out of it

Advertisement