Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocophone F1 - The new flagship killer?

Options

Comments

Battery has just gone off a cliff,been any fixes for it? Straight after updated

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

Mine too but been like this a good while now, phone heating up, battery is ok if idle, haven't found a fix yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Sounds mad but i read on reddit that some folk had success redownloading and reapplying the update again, something about corruption during the first install and the second one fixing the error.

Sounds mad but i read on reddit that some folk had success redownloading and reapplying the update again, something about corruption during the first install and the second one fixing the error.

Need root for that, I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

This is after falling out of my pocket , it was a good 9 months and now have a cracked screen is the screen hard to replace or does it cost much to get it done ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

This is after falling out of my pocket , it was a good 9 months and now have a cracked screen is the screen hard to replace or does it cost much to get it done ?
    About €60 in Moore at dublin

massy086 wrote: »
    About €60 in Moore at dublin

Yeah that's not too bad at all , might try fonez in cork as that where I am based at the min. Was debating getting a new one but don't know any decent ones in price and spec of Pocophone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Yeah that's not too bad at all , might try fonez in cork as that where I am based at the min. Was debating getting a new one but don't know any decent ones in price and spec of Pocophone

I replaced my wifes a few times, it's pretty straight forward to do so it shouldn't be too expensive. Your biggest issue is that they are unlikely to stock the screen

Wife insisted that the new screens were not as robust as the old ones (or maybe I didn't install them right). I also bought a screen and installed that had a faulty touch screen, so that was a pain as I had to open it back up, install the cracked screen again, wait for a new screen to arrive and fix it again (replacing the screen 3 times instead of just 1)

I'm replacing my f1 now, the USB port has gone to pits on mine and is very finicky to what charger it will work with and even then it doesnt hold the cable in at all anymore. I must swap out the USB port of my wifes old one (she moved to the Redmi Note 8 pro) , it's still working fairly well. I think the only other issue is the microphone for speaker phone doesnt seem to work very well.

I replaced my wifes a few times, it's pretty straight forward to do so it shouldn't be too expensive. Your biggest issue is that they are unlikely to stock the screen

Wife insisted that the new screens were not as robust as the old ones (or maybe I didn't install them right). I also bought a screen and installed that had a faulty touch screen, so that was a pain as I had to open it back up, install the cracked screen again, wait for a new screen to arrive and fix it again (replacing the screen 3 times instead of just 1)

I'm replacing my f1 now, the USB port has gone to pits on mine and is very finicky to what charger it will work with and even then it doesnt hold the cable in at all anymore. I must swap out the USB port of my wifes old one (she moved to the Redmi Note 8 pro) , it's still working fairly well. I think the only other issue is the microphone for speaker phone doesnt seem to work very well.

Yeah I got this done for 99 in ielectron, the colour on the screen is a tiny bit duller but they did a great job.

Will hopefully upgrade next year anyway

I wiped the phone in boot manager and all good again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Where is the best place to buy a poco phone at the minute?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

So annoyed, dropped my phone this evening and had taken the screen protector off last week as it was cracked and didn't replace it yet. Anyone get the screen replaced on their F1, any recommendations, thanks

Snotty wrote: »
    So annoyed, dropped my phone this evening and had taken the screen protector off last week as it was cracked and didn't replace it yet. Anyone get the screen replaced on their F1, any recommendations, thanks

Depends where you are based but I got mine in cork in ielectron for around 90 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,287 ✭✭✭positron

I have a replacement screen on (slow) post to me from AliExpress. 35 euro or so. Youtube videos looks easy enough, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Got one on Moore Street Dublin 60€ fitted

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭GoldenSlumbers

positron wrote: »
    I have a replacement screen on (slow) post to me from AliExpress. 35 euro or so. Youtube videos looks easy enough, fingers crossed.

Aliexpress is hell. I'm waiting 75 days on a pocophone cover. Don't think I'll get the money back either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,287 ✭✭✭positron

Yeah, AliExpress deliveries were severely impacted between March-May. Everything took 60 days+ and I got money back on a number of items (and they were delivered eventually).

This screen I ordered seems to have moved quickly and according to the tracking, it's in Ireland since last week, and as always AnPost is probably leaving the "china pile" to rest / rise / ferment a bit before starting to deliver them.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Damoedge

Try Aliexpress but the Spanish warehouse...I just got a cover from there and it only took 7 days...

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭GoldenSlumbers

positron wrote: »
    Yeah, AliExpress deliveries were severely impacted between March-May. Everything took 60 days+ and I got money back on a number of items (and they were delivered eventually).

This screen I ordered seems to have moved quickly and according to the tracking, it's in Ireland since last week, and as always AnPost is probably leaving the "china pile" to rest / rise / ferment a bit before starting to deliver them.

Do you know if after 90 days you can still get a refund? I read somewhere that rights to refund can expire after 90 days? I'll follow up again today.

All I got was this. Tried complaining at the vendor (not ali but whoever sells the covers) but no reply.

'Our records show that your order was recently shipped and is currently in transit. For this shipping method, no tracking information will be provided in your destination country. According to our past experience, the majority of the packages will be delivered within the time frame promised by the seller. If your package does not arrive after 2020-09-03 , please open dispute and we will handle this immediately. We appreciate your patience.'`

Like it seems I can't get my money back because the item is already on the way?

Anyone moved from the F1, what did you go with and how is it an improvement over the F1.

Also, anyone thing of moving to the Xiaomi Poco X3?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,078 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Anyone moved from the F1, what did you go with and how is it an improvement over the F1.

Also, anyone thing of moving to the Xiaomi Poco X3?

Not yet as I haven't yet seen a better alternative that makes economic sense.

My F1 is still a beast of a phone

The X3 is a downgrade in my opinion.

My Poco nearly 2 years old now and still going well and blazing fast with custom ROM, kernel.... The only thing is the battery is at 76% capacity and I'm getting about 7/8 SOT.

Is there any where I can buy an original genuine battery for the Poco?
    I know they are lots of fakes on AliExpress...

Also is anyone using a quick charge 4 or 4+ charger and if so which model and where you buy?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I upgraded to the F2, definitely an improvement over the original.

McMurphy wrote: »
    I upgraded to the F2, definitely an improvement over the original.

In what way is it an improvement?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Damoedge wrote: »
    In what way is it an improvement?

I posted a review over on the Chinese phone thread.
    Only been using it for 2 X full days and am extremely impressed with it, both aesthetically and in performance.

Don't think it was possible with the poco1, but the ability to remember which SIM to dial a certain contact with is brilliant, more times than enough I've called a business contact via my private number by mistake, meaning they then think when my work phone is turned off, sure I'll just text or call him on that other number - and vise versa.

Ytube music now operates in the background with a nice small window displaying in the foreground now when you have the screen locked - I know this was also available on the F1, but nowhere near as pleasing to look at or use (screenshot attached)

Screenshot-2020-09-09-10-32-01-767-lockscreen.jpg

The fingerprint unlock feature being on the screen is very handy, I've it set up with my left index finger for when it's in the cradle of my car for work, and with my right index finger and thumb for when the phones in my left hand, it's a very nice feature imo.

Camera is brilliant, I've only taken a few shots so far, including a few with the 64mp lens, but it's fantastic, and you don't seem to lose too much quality of detail when you zoom in on a pic. And although "selfies" aren't exactly my thing, my kids are seriously impressed with the selfie lens emerging from the top of the phone like some kind of space ship step. :pac:

Battery is prob 25% improved on the F1 also, this things a powerhouse, I rely on the phone for hours on end on the field with work, and this thing keeps going on and on without skipping a beat.

I'll possibly throw up a more detailed feedback post when I've had it a few months, but so far I'm willing to give it a 5/5 so far, I can't believe I've been shelling out hundreds of euro on Samsung products for years - this phone has cost me just slightly north of €300 and it holds many of the Samsung models I've owned over the years clean out of the water.

For those asking where I bought it, I posted the link earlier for AliExpress, was with me in less than a week.

I posted a review over on the Chinese phone thread.

Seems good alright but for me personally it's not worth the money for an upgrade to my Poco just yet 😉

You said you paid North of 300... But...I saw them on Kimovil for about 180 with discount codes...

The SOT with that phone would be good because of the extra Mah in the battery and also the CPU is a step down from the 845 so not as power hungry...

I hope you enjoy the phone and may she wear well ðŸ‘

The only issue with m F1 is the screen is starting to ghost, fairly quickly upon use.

Still flying, as a phone/net-box

My only issue with the F1 is the battery, which is completely understandable as I'm a heavy user and it is over 2 years old.
    Would love to get the battery replaced with a new one, but not sure it's a possibility

My only issue with the F1 is the battery, which is completely understandable as I'm a heavy user and it is over 2 years old.
    Would love to get the battery replaced with a new one, but not sure it's a possibility

It's possible alright and you can do it yourself if your handy with that....

Only possible if your original battery capacity is a lot lot less than the fake one you would by on the internet... For example if your original battery is at around 60% and the new fake is at 80% then you'll notice a little difference.

• Advertisement

Damoedge wrote: »
    It's possible alright and you can do it yourself if your handy with that....

Only possible if your original battery capacity is a lot lot less than the fake one you would by on the internet... For example if your original battery is at around 60% and the new fake is at 80% then you'll notice a little difference.

I meant possible as in getting a genuine battery, not sure any point in messing with anything else

Advertisement