Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocophone F1 - The new flagship killer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Do you use Google camera?

Yes I do indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

I just started using the google camera, not sure it's much better but they photos are definitely brighter. I still think the stock camera is extremely good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

What apk of gcam yee using

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

sioda wrote: »
    What apk of gcam yee using

BSG google camera port.

Seem to have traced my battery drain to other apps at the bottom of the power menu but can't find out what the other apps are. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭leche solara

Since upgrade to 11.0.4.0 my mobile data usage shows zero for today, yesterday, this month and last month. WiFi usage seems ok. Anyone else noticed this, or anyone got suggestions to how it might be fixed. Thanks

Any chance your date usage monitor got switched off?

Anyone got a app suggestion for monitoring all apps battery usage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Battery barely lasts one day now since 11.04.0. anyone else finding same issue?

Yup it's rubbish since the update

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭GoldenSlumbers

Hi guys! My data on my pocophone is not working. I tried resetting my APN to standard and it didn't fix it. I can make calls and text okay. I use vodafone as a provider. I'm Dublin based. Has anyone got any tips to get my data working.

• Advertisement

Folks does anyone know how to, or if it's possible to block a caller from one sim only?

IE - I have a customer who just refuses point blank to get used to the idea of not calling my personal number and start using my business number.

Might seem petty, but I have two different numbers for a reason, and to be fair he's old school, prob doesn't even know how to save a new number on his phone, but it's a real pain to me. While he's calling my personal SIM, my other one is obviously disabled and no one can ring it/data is disabled etc etc.

Is there an app or method that will divert his number/block it specifically on one sim only?

Hi
    Battery gone to hell. Only lasts 3-4 hours with use. Did factory reset. No difference. Checked battery stats using code *#*#6485#*#* and is around 80% health (see attached image). Used Accubattery app and it gave around 30% battery health. Either way not happy. Phone was good up until last couple of weeks. Any help would be great.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,076 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Hi
    Battery gone to hell. Only lasts 3-4 hours with use. Did factory reset. No difference. Checked battery stats using code *#*#6485#*#* and is around 80% health (see attached image). Used Accubattery app and it gave around 30% battery health. Either way not happy. Phone was good up until last couple of weeks. Any help would be great.

sorry bb, cant help

my comment would be that only 263 charge cycles does not seem to point to the battery been over used (im on 421)

your MF_05 which is the actual battery capacity seems low at 3230000 for that many charging cycles...... the notified capacity from the factory is 4000000

Think my results are pretty similar also did a reset recently and it's better than it was but still no way as good since the last update

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭hernie

Hi

I think that quick chargers are terrible on battery life. I have 262 charges on mine and the battery is still at 3988000. I use a 1 amp charger and while it takes longer to charge the battery capacity is still near the original amount.

hernie wrote: »
    I think that quick chargers are terrible on battery life. I have 262 charges on mine and the battery is still at 3988000. I use a 1 amp charger and while it takes longer to charge the battery capacity is still near the original amount.

Just realising this now. I think I'll use a slower charger on my next phone and try to keep it between 30 and 80% SOC. Also I used android auto alot in my car which couldn't have been good for battery health. I went ahead and ordered a Redmi note 8 pro from amazon.it and hoping to have next week all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Just realising this now. I think I'll use a slower charger on my next phone and try to keep it between 30 and 80% SOC. Also I used android auto alot in my car which couldn't have been good for battery health. I went ahead and ordered a Redmi note 8 pro from amazon.it and hoping to have next week all going well.

Best of luck with the 8 pro. Let us know what you think of it. I'm still using my trusty mi A1 which is still going strong but thinking if a change.

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Best of luck with the 8 pro. Let us know what you think of it. I'm still using my trusty mi A1 which is still going strong but thinking if a change.

Will do. Ordered Monday. No sign of dispatch yet. Meant to be delivered next Wednesday 29. We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭GoldenSlumbers

Hi guys! My data on my pocophone is not working. I tried resetting my APN to standard and it didn't fix it. I can make calls and text okay. I use vodafone as a provider. I'm Dublin based. Has anyone got any tips to get my data working.

I fixed it! Make sure you're on these settings for APN:

Vodafone Live! (the standard version)
    Authentication Type: PAP

And 'preferred network type' should be 'Prefer LTE'

This fixed it for me <3

Redmi note 8 pro arrived today. Quite fast delivery considering what's happening in Italy.Running on MIUI 11.0.2 Android 9. Wary of updating to Android 10 after my experience with the F1. I was more impressed with the pocophone in all honesty. Feel it was a quicker and more responsive at the beginning. Keeping a close eye on my battery levels already. I download all my old pocophone apps on the new phone. Not sure if this was a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Redmi note 8 pro arrived today. Quite fast delivery considering what's happening in Italy.Running on MIUI 11.0.2 Android 9. Wary of updating to Android 10 after my experience with the F1. I was more impressed with the pocophone in all honesty. Feel it was a quicker and more responsive at the beginning. Keeping a close eye on my battery levels already. I download all my old pocophone apps on the new phone. Not sure if this was a good idea.

So is Pocophone better than Note 8 Pro?

I think my first impressions of the pocophone were better. The F1 is lighter and was more snappy. No app drawer on the redmi. Wondering if I should install pocolauncher.

Battery life on mine had really gone to hell, to the point where I'm considering changing but realistically don't want to spend more than 300. Anyone got any ideas what's a worthwhile upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Battery life on mine had really gone to hell, to the point where I'm considering changing but realistically don't want to spend more than 300. Anyone got any ideas what's a worthwhile upgrade?

Is this since the last update? Could you downgrade the Android version?

Is this since the last update? Could you downgrade the Android version?

Yup since the update. Is downgrading a pain or easy enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Not sure honestly bit I remember Linus tech tips doing a video on flashing lineage onto one to make it a "pixel killer" so I'd assume that of you can flashes non standard rom it should be in possible

Xiaomi let you build your own ROM here: https://mi-globe.com/miui-firmware-rom-builder-features/78/

Haven't used myself but you can select previous versions of Android\MIUI and customize.

hernie wrote: »
    Xiaomi let you build your own ROM here: https://mi-globe.com/miui-firmware-rom-builder-features/78/

Haven't used myself but you can select previous versions of Android\MIUI and customize.

That site looks a tad dodgy so many ads

That site looks a tad dodgy so many ads

The ads are annoying but the site looks ok on VirusTotal: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/22acae4f6282d42b98af1c3465a2dd1f4d191929d9d5ec258804492925974d3d/detection

• Advertisement

My battery is still outstanding tbh.

Advertisement