Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    LOL!

Are you failing to get one too?

This is what I used to help me get mine. https://github.com/Hari-Nagarajan/nvidia-bot

Overclockers bought and paid for. Just waiting in Q and what a Q it is :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

You are not loved :(

That is all, *slides down corner wall of room in tears

so your card is coming from amazon usa?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,610 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    FINALLY!

Managed to snag a 3080, and one of the more premium cards that I would have preferred too.

Had some gift cards on Amazon.co.uk to use too, so offset the balance a bit.

Delighted :D

TQlgZec.jpg

Even without your gift card it works out £100 cheaper than Overclockers including the £130 import fee deposit. That's absolutely mental.

Fair play though, enjoy it once it lands!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭circadian

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    So Jim from Adored is now claiming Hardware Unboxed are paid-for Nvidia shills. The absolute drama.

https://twitter.com/HardwareUnboxed/status/1312385403417104384?s=20

Aye Paul from not an apple fan was giving out about Jayztwocents the other day. Somethings got the AMD heads riled up it seems. Either way, hoping for something solid from RDNA2 because I'll probably be upgrading in the next generation. Some competition this round will hopefully bring some innovation for the next generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Man, I'm not even that into gaming. I originally thought "Sure, it's such a generational leap that I'll grab it and put it in the rig I have and that way I won't have to wait for textures to load in Warzone when I zoom on the sniper rifle". But then I realised I needed a better PSU.

Then I got so excited and spent so much time looking at rigs, that I decided to get a new case as well. Then I realised my CPU would be a bottleneck, but that AMD was miles ahead, so here I am with a brand new Case, PSU, Motherboard and Processor. And instead of getting a card like I'd planned I have bought everything except a card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

errlloyd wrote: »
    Man, I'm not even that into gaming. I originally thought "Sure, it's such a generational leap that I'll grab it and put it in the rig I have and that way I won't have to wait for textures to load in Warzone when I zoom on the sniper rifle". But then I realised I needed a better PSU.

Then I got so excited and spent so much time looking at rigs, that I decided to get a new case as well. Then I realised my CPU would be a bottleneck, but that AMD was miles ahead, so here I am with a brand new Case, PSU, Motherboard and Processor. And instead of getting a card like I'd planned I have bought everything except a card.

I just built a whole new rig also and the weakest point is the GPU I am running, have to say I got lucky with my 3900x as its running at 4.5ghz all cores and rock solid.

I have the balls screwed off the 1060 6GB aswell with an overclock....cant wait to get a 30 series.

Overclockers bought and paid for. Just waiting in Q and what a Q it is :eek:

If you only recently ordered may I ask what is your position in the queue or do you even know?

If I thought I could order now and wait in queue for maybe 2-3 weeks Id prolly do it....but not waiting for months after having paid in full, just does not sit right with me.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    If you only recently ordered may I ask what is your position in the queue or do you even know?

If I thought I could order now and wait in queue for maybe 2-3 weeks Id prolly do it....but not waiting for months after having paid in full, just does not sit right with me.

The issue with the OCUK queues is that even though you're given a queue number (after you've ordered and there's no indication at all beforehand) there's no ETAs or any other information given about expected stock etc. So it's impossible to even guess when you would get a card. Could be weeks, could be months.

There's a few cards that people are up into the thousands in the queue for, apparently they've just under 9000 pre-orders across all variants for the 3080 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

36th in Q.
    Ordered on the first day 1hr after pre-order launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭JoyPad

36th in Q.
    Ordered on the first day 1hr after pre-order launch.

This information is still better than Scan.
    I have no queue number, and no clue how many they have received and shipped.

• Advertisement

The issue with the OCUK queues is that even though you're given a queue number (after you've ordered and there's no indication at all beforehand) there's no ETAs or any other information given about expected stock etc. So it's impossible to even guess when you would get a card. Could be weeks, could be months.

There's a few cards that people are up into the thousands in the queue for, apparently they've just under 9000 pre-orders across all variants for the 3080 at the moment.

Fook that so....I will wait with the money in my sky rocket!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Got my dispatch email today for evga 3080 ftw ultra from scan today. I got my order in at like 2.15 on the launch day.

Fook that so....I will wait with the money in my sky rocket!

I contemplated sticking my name down as well for one but figured may as well wait fo AMD at this rate, and even see if Nvidia release more founders. Especially since OC have added a premium to most of the cards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

So just been thinking about the 3070 there and how Nvidia held it back to "create more stock for release" on the convenient date of the 29th of October 1 day after big navi reveal and also the review embargo has been held back till that day also.

My silly opinion on it is that...

A) The 3070 wont out preform the 2080ti in most cases bar RTX benchmarks and like the 3090 people will have to have bought the card before reviews and reliable benchmarks are up.

2) They are affraid of what ever AMD have ready that not only their top tier card but maybe even then next one or 2 in line will make the 3070 look well not so good so they may even drop the price before launch (wont stop Scan, ocuk and others gouging though).

:pac: ) they are actually going to just release a 3070 super/ti instead to match what ever AMD have.

Again just my silly opinions no facts (or pointless Bobbbbbyyyy G articles to quote :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Such a pain in the bollox. Hopefully between AMD's release and the 3070 launch things might spread out a bit more demand wise.

Was really hoping to have something top notch for Cyberpunk and Watchdogs over the winter break.

I wonder if this is one of those statements they make in order to boost their stock price. If you read the whole thing, it sounds like one of those messages.
    "[...] we're going to have a really really big Q4 season."

Such a pain in the bollox. Hopefully between AMD's release and the 3070 launch things might spread out a bit more demand wise.

Was really hoping to have something top notch for Cyberpunk and Watchdogs over the winter break.

If I did not have the PS5 to look forward to tide me over I would lose the plot, absolutely crazy.

I was optimistic that I would get one in the next month or so but thats not gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Keep seeing Jensen saying all that in a Trump way for some reason “huge demand, tremendous demand, everybody’s saying it” etc

Cmon AMD/Lisa, be the hero we need :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

The Jensen quotes seemed to me to be a self defence thing to protect himself from shareholder ire as a result of the bad publicity from the launch.

I think he pretty much said: "We don't have a supply problem - we have a demand problem"

Great auld PR spin ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Not sure tbh. From his view, and the shareholders, what is the problem? People are killing themselves to buy their products faster than they can make them? Nice problem to have, share price up over 15% the last month as well.

If AMD don’t have a viable alternative to make nvidia look bad they way they did intel, nvidia are golden for the foreseeable future imo. I’m sure they can live with Reddit threads and YouTube videos complaining about stock availability. Probably just ramping up the FOMO at the end of the day anyway.

It can’t last forever though, it will just attract new competitors into the space eventually if AMD aren’t up to it. With no real competition pushing them nvidia will suffer/stagnate as Intel did imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

All fair points - I wonder what their profit margin is this generation vs the previous.

Scan published an update about their preorders and the number of outstanding ones and rough ETAs on when they'll get shipments

https://www.scan.co.uk/shops/nvidia/rtx-30-series-faqs

Scan published an update about their preorders and the number of outstanding ones and rough ETAs on when they'll get shipments

I got an email as well, with an estimated stock date.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

So around 4k RTX 3080 & 1k RTX 3090.

That's big but not nearly as many as I expected.

For comparison, Apple shipped 37.7 million iPhone 11 units in Q1-Q2'2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Homelander

I am not sure I get the point there.

Scan are just a single UK based company among hundreds so I am not sure what you could take from that. Multiple that by every other retail outfit in....well, literally the entire world.

Not to mention the countless numbers of people who want the RTX cards but waiting for supply to settle down.

So around 4k RTX 3080 & 1k RTX 3090.

That's big but not nearly as many as I expected.

For comparison, Apple shipped 37.7 million iPhone 11 units in Q1-Q2'2020.

Scan closed off their pre orders fairly sharp after release, think they limited it to like 500 per card. Overclockers said they were at around 8K for all 3080 cards in terms of pre-orders.

That's just two UK retailers though, so a small sliver really especially considering they're preorders and not confirmed stock which would probably sell more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I feel bad for PNY and PAlIT, they arent feeling the SCAN customers love with so few orders.

Redfox25 wrote: »
    I feel bad for PNY and PAlIT, they arent feeling the SCAN customers love with so few orders.

Think it's the opposite and that all their orders have been more or less fulfilled apart from the couple ones left there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Think it's the opposite and that all their orders have been more or less fulfilled apart from the couple ones left there

They must have had fewer orders overall, they are the budget brands , or at least are perceived that way.
    Still its good information and if you wanted a card, at least it looks like that ordering one of those will get you a card faster.

Advertisement