Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did anyone manage to get an order in on the Nvidia site for the 3080 a few minutes ago?

Was sold out buy the time I got to checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Looks like it was all just a driver issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Looks like it was all just a driver issue...

Jayztwocents copping an awful lot of flack for jumping to the conclusion of the capacitors in his video and blaming it on manufacturers cheaping out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did anyone manage to get an order in on the Nvidia site for the 3080 a few minutes ago?

Got a popup on my computer thanks to distill but was sitting with clients at the time and had to dismiss it :mad::(

Got a popup on my computer thanks to distill but was sitting with clients at the time and had to dismiss it :mad::(

Should just have ignored the client :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Should just have ignored the client :pac:

"Sorry Mrs. X - I have more important things to worry about"

"Actually would you mind paying in advance" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Damn it! Was driving in an area with spotty reception when it dropped :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Overclockers currently have Evga 3080 in Stock. But I think they are affected by the capacitor issue.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Overclockers currently have Evga 3080 in Stock. But I think they are affected by the capacitor issue.

Those won't add to your cart.

Apparently there isn't actually a capacitor issue at all it was just a driver fault.

• Advertisement

Those won't add to your cart.

Well thats just teasing people!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

does anyone know the url on nvidia for 3080 fe where the add to cart appears for the seconds that it is available

theres like 3 pages so wondering whats the right one

BArra wrote: »
    does anyone know the url on nvidia for 3080 fe where the add to cart appears for the seconds that it is available

theres like 3 pages so wondering whats the right one

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/graphics-cards/30-series/rtx-3080/

Where the "Out of stock" is currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The cheapest EVGA on OCUK is £730,the cheapest EVGA direct from EVGA €642.

Dont get ripped off by OCUK

EoinHef wrote: »
    The cheapest EVGA on OCUK is £730,the cheapest EVGA direct from EVGA €642.

Dont get ripped off by OCUK

Evga EU store is exc. vat

€642 + 21% Irish VAT = €776.82

Overclockers £730 currently = €800.91 so not too much in it.

I wouldn't go with OCUK just for the shady practises they've used this launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

3070 release been pushed back to Oct 29th now in order to ramp up production according to nvidia.

Hopefully reviews go out before hand so a good idea of where it sits can be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

So that’s the day after the big navi press conference? Interesting, wonder does this mean nvidia are more or less worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Mucashinto wrote: »
    So that’s the day after the big navi press conference? Interesting, wonder does this mean nvidia are more or less worried?

Maybe, maybe not no way to know at the moment, so it's basically a 2080ti if AMD cant beat last year's top card they are nowhere again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Price and availability come into for me as well. At my level, I’ll be happy with a good value card, that I can get easily enough at its msrp.

But yeah, hard for AMD to generate buzz if the gist is “here are some cards not as powerful as ones you can get elsewhere”. Seeing how well console buyers are doing from the competition there if AMD can pull something out it’s good times for all though.

Unless Im greatly mistaken,

a 3080 is perfect for gaming and no real need for a 3090 unless your doing some graphical work? Or am I reading that wrong?

I had ordered a 3090 but ended up cancelling it. Was going to wait and see about AMD. And the sheer size of it meant jiggling around my Be Quiet Pro900 case.

Also, in the back of my mind im wondering will they release a 3080ti at some stage.

Currently have a 1080ti and its been a brilliant card, never given me a days trouble, but just getting to the stage where its time to move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭circadian

Yeah the performance gains on the 3090 for gaming aren't great. Certainly not enough to warrant the price difference. It'd be better suited to people doing graphic workloads or machine learning or whatever.

I'd be holding off for a few weeks to see what AMD have and well, it's hard enough as it is getting a 3080.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,701 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Maybe, maybe not no way to know at the moment, so it's basically a 2080ti if AMD cant beat last year's top card they are nowhere again this year.

AMD have put an APU into a $400 console (PS5 Digital) that is at the level of RTX 2080. It has 36 CUs.

There's no way an 80 CU Navi 21 isn't performing at least 50% better, which handily puts it above RTX 2080 Ti/3070 levels.

Also, in the back of my mind im wondering will they release a 3080ti at some stage.

There's rumours of a 20GB variant of the 3080 being a 3080Ti but not much wiggle room in performance gains between 3080 and 3090.

Currently have a 1080ti and its been a brilliant card, never given me a days trouble, but just getting to the stage where its time to move on.

In the same boat. Rocking my 1080Ti FE since June 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Bungusbeefcake

I was on it immediately, have an account with Nvidia with my CC details already in it. Added it to cart within a few seconds, login details were auto-filled and signed me in immediately. Straight to next page and confirmed the CVV number as I know it off, next page it asked me to verify my address as it doesn't recognise it, a single click and I was on to the confirmation page. Ticked the box for not a robot and clicked submit............the page refreshes with red text at the top saying that the 3080 are out of stock.....I took, maybe 30 seconds and they were all gone.
    According to the script I'm running, they were in stock for all of 25 seconds! So, no I didn't get it but I'm not sure how I could have been much faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

g96sclJ.jpg

Day one order on overclockers. Shipped that night, was waiting on a monitor change to put it in. Working great. They do exist guys!

OSI wrote: »
    Capacitors affect level of boost headroom on the card, AIBs didn't have enough time to validate their boost settings on their design:

There are other views on this. I'm referring to Hardware Unboxed. They think it's nothing but a driver issue. The new drivers have made tiny reductions and the crashing was not observed on Linux.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

mad turnip wrote: »

Day one order on overclockers. Shipped that night, was waiting on a monitor change to put it in. Working great. They do exist guys!

I mean this in the nicest possible way. But it is nice to see the card in a "real" looking computer. Every other one I see is in an all white build in a Li Lian XL case with 9 white fans and 12 watercooling pipes all connected by brass fittings. Make me think real people don't get them!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Mucashinto wrote: »

Delaying the launch means that AMD now get the chance to release their own spec and benchmarks before, so if you were to look at it that way it means Nvidia aren't rushing to get it out before then.

But I think it's purely down to supply, and if anything Nvidia want to make sure they don't have a repeat of the 3080 so if AMD do launch towards the end of November with plenty of stock people won't just grab one of theirs instead

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

errlloyd wrote: »
    I mean this in the nicest possible way. But it is nice to see the card in a "real" looking computer. Every other one I see is in an all white build in a Li Lian XL case with 9 white fans and 12 watercooling pipes all connected by brass fittings. Make me think real people don't get them!

haha I know what you mean, you get the impression from pictures they are all reviewers or paid crazy amounts from scalpers. Its an older case and gets opened about once a year for a bit of a clean. I'm surprised my card got shipped day one.

Just hold tight they will come back in stock eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

mad turnip wrote: »
    haha I know what you mean, you get the impression from pictures they are all reviewers or paid crazy amounts from scalpers. Its an older case and gets opened about once a year for a bit of a clean. I'm surprised my card got shipped day one.

Just hold tight they will come back in stock eventually.

Mods ? can we get this guy banned ? , or at least muted until the rest of us get some class of 3080 .

Advertisement