Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Redfox25 wrote: »
    They must have had fewer orders overall, they are the budget brands , or at least are perceived that way.
    Still its good information and if you wanted a card, at least it looks like that ordering one of those will get you a card faster.

If there are only 2 pre-orders of Palit 3080 cards waiting to be filled, then why are they not taking more pre-orders for these cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,610 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

JoyPad wrote: »
    If there are only 2 pre-orders of Palit 3080 cards waiting to be filled, then why are they not taking more pre-orders for these cards?

Apparently they've said they'll offer any further stock to people who are on the list for other cards first. Not sure if that's accurate but was mentioned on the Nvidia subreddit.

They've also said they won't reopen preorders until they have a better idea of guaranteed stock too. I think overclockers are the only company out there still taking preorders despite the stock coming down the line being completely unknown

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

I dont particularly like how OCUK are doing it tbh... but they are openly telling people how they are doing it. if you want to get in the queue you can, if you dont like it then dont. i would like a bit more transparency prior to putting in the preorder... ie you know how many pre orders are in prior to them taking your money. I pre ordered with them and cancelled and in fairness they promptly returned the money.

EVGA have just made what i think is the best system, Where by you add yourself to the notify me queue... you then will get an email once they have a card allocated to you. the stock assigned to you is available to you for 5 hours. if you fail to order in the allocated time the card is reassigned to next in the queue. by far the best system. only thing missing if you want to be picky is not knowing where you are in the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

evga notify is great but sadly no love for us europeans from evga..again

this is only for their usa market

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I just got as far as "add to basket" for one on Amazon.Uk

Sickened with myself that I am disappointed that I didn't successfully spend almost 900e on a graphics card....

• Advertisement

I'd be fine with OCUK, if it was a deposit system. Say 50 quid to put your name down or something. But giving them the guts of 800 quid to blindly hold on to just doesn't sit right with me. Especially considering they've added a decent margin on top of the cards MSRPs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Fitz II

I'd be fine with OCUK, if it was a deposit system. Say 50 quid to put your name down or something. But giving them the guts of 800 quid to blindly hold on to just doesn't sit right with me. Especially considering they've added a decent margin on top of the cards MSRPs too.

I am 365 on the list for a Asus Strix OC 3090 with overclockers....pitty me, might see it this side of Christmas, but a pleasure deferred is a pleasure doubled.

Fitz II wrote: »
    I am 365 on the list for a Asus Strix OC 3090 with overclockers....pitty me, might see it this side of Christmas, but a pleasure deferred is a pleasure doubled.

Thats hilarious.... im 368!! 2 boardies so close.... and yet so far from ever getting the card! :(

In the mean time im keeping my eye out for a 3080 and ill just cancel if i get one.

tazzzZ wrote: »
    Thats hilarious.... im 368!! 2 boardies so close.... and yet so far from ever getting the card! :(

In the mean time im keeping my eye out for a 3080 and ill just cancel if i get one.

Look it will come when it comes. They seem to get them in in the hundreds with each re-up. I thought I had a scan order on launch day but due to sniping I was gazzumped by bots between checkout and 3d verification on my credit card, took days figure out I had no order.

When it comes it look to be a beast of a card, totally overbuilt, and the on board fan controllers for case fans is a major advantage.

Look it will come when it comes. They seem to get them in in the hundreds with each re-up. I thought I had a scan order on launch day but due to sniping I was gazzumped by bots between checkout and 3d verification on my credit card, took days figure out I had no order.

When it comes it look to be a beast of a card, totally overbuilt, and the on board fan controllers for case fans is a major advantage.

Yea tbh i know the 3090 is just a stupid buy but i came into ampere having the 2080ti as the benchmark for cost so i had the money set aside for it.

With the 3080 i had an msi gaming trio pre ordered on launch day but the est arrival was a date in dec. i think they removed this ETA since but i cancelled my order based off of that. Then i put in for the 3090 and hoping to get a 3080 in between. it really has been such a bad launch for gamers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Danish retailer Proshop with their ordered/received status
    https://www.proshop.dk/RTX-30series-overview

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Inquitus wrote: »
    Gone now, lol!

Don't think it was every actually in stock, just listed as temporarily out of stock with the option to add it to the basket. Scraper I'm using unfortunately just sees it as a live link!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Looks like we won't be seeing any more MSI Nvidia partner cards in the near future. One of their subsidiary companies in the US called Starlight Partners was selling 3080s and 3090s at massive mark-ups on eBay.

About to los AIB partner status with Nvidia.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Looks like we won't be seeing any more MSI Nvidia partner cards in the near future. One of their subsidiary companies in the US called Starlight Partners was selling 3080s and 3090s at massive mark-ups on eBay.

About to los AIB partner status with Nvidia.

Gamers Nexus talks about it here on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCVKdt-6Qz4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I've seen loads of 3080s in stock on amazon.nl but they seem to only ship to NL. Tried ROI & UK address but no dice...

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Danish retailer Proshop with their ordered/received status
    https://www.proshop.dk/RTX-30series-overview

:eek:

How many would you like?

2,000 please.

...I can give you 12

...Fine

• Advertisement

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-20gb-to-launch-in-december

Man this would be a kick in the teeth for any 3080 owners if the 3070 ends up releasing with 16Gb VRAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Man this would be a kick in the teeth for any 3080 owners if the 3070 ends up releasing with 16Gb VRAM.

whould it though?
    They'll make sure it can't outperform the 3080 either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Just like when the 3080ti/super releases. Save your money till all the products are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

jebidiah wrote: »
    Just like when the 3080ti/super releases. Save your money till all the products are out.

The best advice on this thread so far :)

Wait now, isnt the usual advice to wait untill all the cards are out end 2021, Navi is out and then to wait for the 40 series cause they will be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Wait now, isnt the usual advice to wait untill all the cards are out end 2021, Navi is out and then to wait for the 40 series cause they will be better?

Pffft no it's wait for zen 5, Radeon 8000 series intel 30000k and Nvidia 50xx otherwise buying now is stupid and a waste of money and you are a filthy scrub for not waiting...

There is always something bigger better faster stronger around the corner that never comes.

There is no point buying a 3000 series AMD processor now for outright performance, except from a value point of view, even then this close to Navi launch its wait and see regards GPUs what's another 2 weeks to see what will be best for you.

Buying new when Nvidia/AMD/intel have a new launch announced and it's weeks or a month or 2 away is silly for people who want the best, for the majority of consumers it won't mean much to them.

The doubling the ram will be a kick in the teeth especially for wannabe 3070 owners after the card was delayed if it was in 6 months or a year's time it would be a lot easier to digest.
    If it happens before the year is out and there is a card shortage which Nvidia themselves have said it will be ongoing until 2021 then it's a bs move from them. Unless the 8Gb version gets a further price drop and the 16Gb come in at about 500 -600 euro.

If you are on a Nvidia 10 series card or lower or a Radeon 4000 or whatever was before this current one then yeah the 30 series isnt a bad buy, but with Navi announcement 3 weeks away I'd hold off unless Nvidia have something specific that you need or you don't trust AMD to get the drivers right.
    I think it will be close to the 3080 but at a cheaper price I think the 3070 is a value/ bang for buck proposition like back in the 970 days but just not as cheap.

If you have a 2080ti hold on to it till the super/ti cards come out then consider an upgrade if there is a good genuine jump in performance rather than the cherry picked Nvidia marketing bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭JoyPad

The doubling the ram will be a kick in the teeth[...] it's a bs move from them.

They aren't doing this to screw consumers, they are countering the AMD leaks, that their cards will come with more memory than theirs.

As many influencers keep saying, buying at launch is a gamble. Paying more for something that will be exceeded soon after, just for the bragging rights.

NOTE: I initially wrote "obsoleted", then replaced with "exceeded". The 10GB 3080s will not be obsoleted, they are still amazing value compared to the 20-series.

I must have just missed that one on Amazon. Two replies to the twitter bot said they got it.

I am beginning to feel close.

errlloyd wrote: »
    I must have just missed that one on Amazon. Two replies to the twitter bot said they got it.

I am beginning to feel close.

The gigabyte one?

• Advertisement

The gigabyte one?

Yeah. I am pretty brand oblivious at this stage, is there anything I should be looking out for?

Advertisement