Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dairy Chitchat 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Mooooo wrote: »
    Fcuk it number 2 landed now. Both alive and healthy anyway

It's a Christmas miracle

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The Rabbi

Fcuk it number 2 landed now. Both alive and healthy anyway
    whelan2 wrote: »
    It's a Christmas miracle

No,Santa only comes once a year.That fcuker came twice,sadly in March.
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Ross.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Perhaps reading too much into it. I'd say it'll be open to all. The dairy farmer mention is with regard to creed encouraging farmers to adequate facilities?
    You were correct - the scheme is open to all. Just came across this earlier:
    https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/farmerschemespayments/calfinvestmentscheme/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,399 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Base price wrote: »

Once again no good to me as I dont get a SFP. Amazing how that works

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

I see the max eligible value on a 250L calf mixer is 1450, kinda rules out much benefit in the self powered pasteuriser models as they are around the 6k mark afaik

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Pity they didn't include water trough s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭cute geoge

I was thinking of a 170l jfc kart with mixer listed at €1135 including vat ,What would this cost me if i got the grant? I might need to add some gate on to price to make €1000 cost

Reggie. wrote: »
    Once again no good to me as I dont get a SFP. Amazing how that works
    I only realised that you had to claim SFP to be eligible after reading your post. I presume they can claw back the grant money if you fail to honor the t&c's of the scheme. I have already heard of one farmer who is looking at the scheme to fit out a shed with pens/hayracks for sheep. He doesn't rear calves but does rear bullocks and keeps sheep.
    Edit - he said he would buy a cheap milk mixer to cover Cat A investment and "sell" it on to a brother in law.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭greenfield21

cute geoge wrote: »
    I was thinking of a 170l jfc kart with mixer listed at €1135 including vat ,What would this cost me if i got the grant? I might need to add some gate on to price to make €1000 cost

Of the top of my head it looks like ref cost is €927.17 So 40% grant of this is €370.87. so your saving €370.87 on a 170 litre feeder no matter what the retail price is.(Point 18)

K.G. wrote: »
    Pity they didn't include water trough s
    I was surprised to see they were not included considering that freedom from hunger and thirst is one of the five animals welfare tenets.
    Does anyone know what spec the calf pen dividers are. We could do with upgrading a few pens but we use gates at present as we can put weanlings in the pens later on in the year if we need to.

• Advertisement

I am thinking of building my new milking parlour in 2020. I was going to wait until young lad has his green cert but that will be another 2 years. If I go for the tams grant on the milking parlour& dairy equipment does the building itself have to be done to grant specifications?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

I am thinking of building my new milking parlour in 2020. I was going to wait until young lad has his green cert but that will be another 2 years. If I go for the tams grant on the milking parlour& dairy equipment does the building itself have to be done to grant specifications?

I dont think so. Talk is they're unsure will tams grants be carried on until the next cap is done. Current teams is up in April I think

I was surprised to see they were not included considering that freedom from hunger and thirst is one of the five animals welfare tenets.
    Does anyone know what spec the calf pen dividers are. We could do with upgrading a few pens but we use gates at present as we can put weanlings in the pens later on in the year if we need to.

Will you have that stuff in time for calves if you wait to be approved for grant?
    I can't afford to wait to be approved for grabt before I buy the feeder. It needs to be in this time next month

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

If building out of the new they’ll probably look for planning permission anyway !
    The building won’t have to be grant spec best of my knowledge !
    I presume ur grant will used up on the machine!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Will you have that stuff in time for calves if you wait to be approved for grant?
    I can't afford to wait to be approved for grabt before I buy the feeder. It needs to be in this time next month

Had heard of a sales lad getting a load of calls after the article appeared but he'll be flat out installing existing sales already for this season .

If building out of the new they’ll probably look for planning permission anyway !
    The building won’t have to be grant spec best of my knowledge !
    I presume ur grant will used up on the machine!
    Have planning. Next tams stage closes January 12th

The main calf shed carries 75 calves and is more or less ready for this season. I was hoping to upgrade the other shed and if gates can be used to divide pens then myself and OH would install them fairly quickly. I need a few new 10 teat feeders so I was going to buy the compartment ones anyway along with a few hay racks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Have planning. Next tams stage closes January 12th

Very easy to throw in an application for a parlour and tank so defo get it in if your even half thinking of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

No, if shed is not being grant aided doesn't need to be to grant spec

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

You can do plant only on tams. In fact it’s the clever way as a grant spec shed isn’t necessary to house a milking plant. Your plant will probably use all your grant in any case. Remember that vari speed vacuum pumps and any other equip that’s deemed to be energy efficient can be claimed separately on an SEAI grant.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

Still waiting on icbf notebook here. Anyone else the same.??

Yeah waiting here too. We usually always get ut in jan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I have it since before Christmas, 2 weeks at least.

I think you can print off the calving list online. Is there also an option to say if you want the notebook or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,976 ✭✭✭alps

IIR we replied to a text a few months ago to confirm that we wanted the notebook...

Cant find text...might be mistaken

alps wrote: »
    IIR we replied to a text a few months ago to confirm that we wanted the notebook...

Cant find text...might be mistaken

You replied if you didnt want it.
    That book is brilliant, not just for the calving list but recording births and any problem cows

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Farney Farmer

Got mine a few weeks ago. Great little notebook. Always have mine in my pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

Got mine a few weeks ago. Great little notebook. Always have mine in my pocket.

Same here.
    There was a text about it being a bit bigger than last year and the option to text back if you didn't want it.
    They might send me on a special issue hardback version when they get around to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

anyone know anything about Sexed Ultra 4M A.I. straws??? cant find any independent reviews about them...... just wondering are they actually any good??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement