Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Damien360

I would love it if there was a journalist out there with the balls to run an article in one of the Sunday papers which to convey the general mood of the nation to expose this lady for the scam artist she is. It would certainly sell copies

The general mood of the nation is that most people actually don’t care. That’s why the tabloid media “has the balls” to write pieces that they know will wind some people up no end, because that’s what sells copies. If they were restricted to reporting the facts in a factual manner, nobody would be interested.

People do care but have learned a long time ago that nothing in this country changes no matter how much you complain.

The grey vote got their way because they had time to go protest when the politicians were in. Mid week.

Ordinary folk only protested en masse about water charges but it was really about blatant corruption. It was a tipping point, and it took a lot of tipping. And if you looked at the profile for that, it was grey vote, young and unemployed made up the vast majority.....not all.

Nobody has time to protest and the politicians know it. Not a single party will open up about the Cash situation as it will always come back to the kids.

The media is a waste of space in this country. There are no journalists, just media commentators. Soon to be Instagram and Twitter "stars".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Damien360 wrote: »
    People do care but have learned a long time ago that nothing in this country changes no matter how much you complain.

The grey vote got their way because they had time to go protest when the politicians were in. Mid week.

Ordinary folk only protested en masse about water charges but it was really about blatant corruption. It was a tipping point, and it took a lot of tipping. And if you looked at the profile for that, it was grey vote, young and unemployed made up the vast majority.....not all.

Nobody has time to protest and the politicians know it. Not a single party will open up about the Cash situation as it will always come back to the kids.

The media is a waste of space in this country. There are no journalists, just media commentators. Soon to be Instagram and Twitter "stars".

That’s absolutely and categorically untrue. In the space of a week, one woman cared enough that she complained and was absolutely vilified and had her life torn apart and dissected on social media. That still didn’t shut her up and she didn’t stop complaining, and hasn’t stopped complaining, and likely won’t stop complaining until she gets what she believes she is entitled to.

Now tell me again how people care. They don’t, or they too would be doing what it takes to get what they believe they too are entitled to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

That’s absolutely and categorically untrue. In the space of a week, one woman cared enough that she complained and was absolutely vilified and had her life torn apart and dissected on social media. That still didn’t shut her up and she didn’t stop complaining, and hasn’t stopped complaining, and likely won’t stop complaining until she gets what she believes she is entitled to.

Now tell me again how people care. They don’t, or they too would be doing what it takes to get what they believe they too are entitled to.

There we go, that 'entitled' word again.

So much wrong with your post but unfortunately I have to sleep as I have to go to work tomorrow to make my contribution to the 'entitled' of this country.

Samsgirl wrote: »

So much wrong with your post but unfortunately I have to sleep as I have to go to work tomorrow to make my contribution to the 'entitled' of this country.

It’s no different to anyone here who believes they are entitled to criticise her for her lifestyle, for her circumstances, for her actions, and for the choices felt she had to make to change her circumstances.

There’s nothing wrong in pointing out that she is entitled to campaign for what she believes she is entitled to, and anyone else is entitled to do the very same. I also wouldn’t support anyone who thinks they are entitled to tear those people’s lives apart on social media. There’s a line IMO.

Samsgirl wrote: »

It’s no different to anyone here who believes they are entitled to criticise her for her lifestyle, for her circumstances, for her actions, and for the choices felt she had to make to change her circumstances.

There’s nothing wrong in pointing out that she is entitled to campaign for what she believes she is entitled to, and anyone else is entitled to do the very same. I also wouldn’t support anyone who thinks they are entitled to tear those people’s lives apart on social media. There’s a line IMO.

Thing is....she is not entitled to it......she hasn't paid for it. Hard work entitles people to their lifestyle choice.

• Advertisement

Thing is....she is not entitled to it......she hasn't paid for it. Hard work entitles people to their lifestyle choice.

Thing is, there’s a difference between having an opinion on what a person is or isn’t entitled to, and what they are actually legally entitled to by law. It doesn’t matter what a person believes another person isn’t entitled to when they are entitled to it by law. There’s nothing in law that says people are entitled to their lifestyle choices based upon their employment history or lack thereof. You’re entitled to believe that of course, but it has no basis in Irish law.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Read her article today ... she used the word “entitled” several times

Enough said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Thing is, there’s a difference between having an opinion on what a person is or isn’t entitled to, and what they are actually legally entitled to by law. It doesn’t matter what a person believes another person isn’t entitled to when they are entitled to it by law. There’s nothing in law that says people are entitled to their lifestyle choices based upon their employment history or lack thereof. You’re entitled to believe that of course, but it has no basis in Irish law.

So you’re of the opinion that it is ok for the Ms Cash’s of this country to keep doing what they are doing? Having never earned their way in life and would rather leech off the tax payer such as you and I for their survival?

All wells only have so much water, one day they will dry up no matter how long that takes, the same approach can be said if most of the country packed up and went on the social tomorrow Ms Cash would be banging the entitled drum looking for her eh........... cash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Just looked st her Facebook page, she’s saying there’s a protest and everyone needs to be here in September 10th.

Given she is now the RTÉ poster girl for homelessness, I expect by then she’ll also be the the poster girl for clear blue and not durex based on recent comments abouts buns and ovens

This is at the very heart of what is wrong with modern culture. Nobody wrote it down to say I am not entitled to take something so therefore I am entitled. Legally she can do what she likes, and that is what so many are complaining about. She just happened to make herself the latest poster boy/girl until the next person comes along.

Just because it is legal does not make it acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

We who contribute and pay for everything are fighting a losing battle now. No voice anywhere.

Even Octomum was onside with this charlatan on RTE radio.

We have no voice anywhere now do we?

I often wonder why that is? Are we not vocal enough, do we not want to make a fuss, do our TDs not understand or what?

Time to get a voice now. But how?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

THe media are just taking the piss with this now and creating a scandal for clicks in the silly season. They know it outrages people and gets them talking.

Same as this stuff that ran and ran two years ago.

http://www.thejournal.ie/maynooth-atmosphere-grindr-poisonous-2911475-Aug2016/

So you’re of the opinion that it is ok for the Ms Cash’s of this country to keep doing what they are doing? Having never earned their way in life and would rather leech off the tax payer such as you and I for their survival?

“So what you’re saying is...” :pac:

No, I’m not saying that, simply because I don’t know Ms. Cash well enough to form an opinion of her one way or the other. What I do know of her though, I’m not going to criticise her for her attitude, actions or behaviour. I also don’t agree with your assertion that she’s leeching anything off me. She’s not. She’s perfectly entitled to claim for what she is qualified to claim for from the State. It’s Government who decides how much to take from my salary in taxes to fund the services that are provided by the State that everyone in the State is entitled to claim for as long as they qualify for it by meeting the criteria.

In saying that, as I’ve already said - I don’t believe in the Welfare State as I believe it keeps poor people poor, and just about enables their survival, which is one of the reasons why they choose to have large families - to ensure their survival. It’s nothing to do with financial or monetary gain for bearing children who are very much wanted children.

All wells only have so much water, one day they will dry up no matter how long that takes, the same approach can be said if most of the country packed up and went on the social tomorrow Ms Cash would be banging the entitled drum looking for her eh........... cash?

The well won’t dry up, because most of the country isn’t going to pack up and go on the social. People’s social expectations and lifestyle choices are only going to increase exponentially as for all the talk of how much some people hate the word “entitled”, they display the same entitlement attitude in believing that they deserve more from life for their lifestyle choices. If they didn’t believe that, they wouldn’t concern themselves with what they consider is the “unfair” treatment in their eyes, of Ms. Cash. They don’t appreciate what they have and believe they are entitled to more, whereas Ms. Cash should be entitled to nothing.

That’s the price Irish society pays for wanting to be seen as ‘progressive’ by other countries, in comparison to other countries.

This is at the very heart of what is wrong with modern culture. Nobody wrote it down to say I am not entitled to take something so therefore I am entitled. Legally she can do what she likes, and that is what so many are complaining about. She just happened to make herself the latest poster boy/girl until the next person comes along.

Just because it is legal does not make it acceptable.

Yes they did. Taking something to which you are not entitled is stealing, and is prohibited by law.

Receiving something which you are entitled to by law is not stealing, and of course the fact that it’s legal makes it acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Something seriously wrong in society when ordinary hard working people wonder why they bother.

I pay my way, do the right thing & all that...

But I see chancers like this too often.....Not alone that, but the State actively sponsors them.:confused:

No mystery as to why the Far Right are making inroads all over Europe.

Trump is in the White House for the same reason.

Arrogant lefties with no semblance of a grip on the realities of what the 'people who get up in the morning' go through or think.

Too interested in pandering to minorities & their own personal hobby horses. The Left abandoned the working man many years ago.

I wouldn't be a fan of the Nazis but I'd just love to see what would happen to this wan if she pulled a stunt like this on Adolf's watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

The decision to give accommodation to this family is the right decision. It has to be based on what is right for the kids. One great thing this country has is that it tries to provide equal opportunity for kids. Hence free education and children's allowance and following on from that, college grants. I have benefitted from this and have paid my mortgage off 5 years early and pay nearly enough tax to pay for this woman and her family. If 1 or 2 of the kids come good, it's money well spent.
    The problem is the system which isn't going to change any time soon. It's a cheap shot to call this woman all the things she has been called in this thread. Play the ball not the man

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

tigerboon wrote: »
    The decision to give accommodation to this family is the right decision. It has to be based on what is right for the kids.

Wrong in every way this was never about the kids this was about the word "entitled" yet again we reward the laziest and least productive of society while screwing thousands of other families over ,

This needs to be ended and massive reforms brought in for both social welfare and social housing

Gatling wrote: »
    Wrong in every way this was never about the kids this was about the word "entitled" yet again we reward the laziest and least productive of society while screwing thousands of other families over ,

This needs to be ended and massive reforms brought in for both social welfare and social housing

Agree with everything you say here but the fact is there's 8 or 9 kids that you can't just fu*k out into the street no matter what the parents are like

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Agree with everything you say here but the fact is there's 8 or 9 kids that you can't just fu*k out into the street no matter what the parents are like

so she cant look after them , take them off her and put them in care simples

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Something seriously wrong in society when ordinary hard working people wonder why they bother.

it's only a few on forums or those who have time to complain to radio stations who would be of that view. the vast vast majority of people know exactly why they bother, and that is because of the possible chances of bettering themselves that bothering brings.
    I pay my way, do the right thing & all that...

great, but that's your problem. just because we do the right thing, it doesn't make us special.
    But I see chancers like this too often.....Not alone that, but the State actively sponsors them.

the state helps people in need, yes . the state does not sponsor chancers, in fact there are laws to deal with chancers.
    No mystery as to why the Far Right are making inroads all over Europe.

Trump is in the White House for the same reason.

yes, it's certainly no mystery why the far right are on the rise. gullible people who will believe anything they are told. they have always existed and always will. however, the far right aren't going to do anything about what their supporters see as problems.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

Arrogant lefties with no semblance of a grip on the realities of what the 'people who get up in the morning' go through or think.

really? who are they and where are they? i'd imagine the majority of them have some idea of the reality of what those of us who get up in the morning might think or feel. however, the problem is that those of us who get up in the morning feel and think different things to each other, we don't and won't all think and feel the same things.
    Too interested in pandering to minorities & their own personal hobby horses.

yes, god forbid people would want to make society better for minorities.
    The Left abandoned the working man many years ago.

no they didn't. what has happened is that some people have been brainwashed into thinking that all the strives we have made in terms of equality etc are bad and must be turned back. a victim complex and sense of entitlement has been instilled within those people. or in our case, the old attitudes are coming back to the fore (they never went away, you know)
    I wouldn't be a fan of the Nazis but I'd just love to see what would happen to this wan if she pulled a stunt like this on Adolf's watch.

if she was of the right "stock" then absolutely nothing would have happpened.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The decision to give accommodation to this family is the right decision. It has to be based on what is right for the kids. One great thing this country has is that it tries to provide equal opportunity for kids. Hence free education and children's allowance and following on from that, college grants. I have benefitted from this and have paid my mortgage off 5 years early and pay nearly enough tax to pay for this woman and her family. If 1 or 2 of the kids come good, it's money well spent.
    The problem is the system which isn't going to change any time soon. It's a cheap shot to call this woman all the things she has been called in this thread. Play the ball not the man

The kids should be seized from her and cared for, that would be the right decision.

mynamejeff wrote: »

A lot of big cock syndrome on this thread. I know a family in sort of similar circumstances. A couple of the kids are good kids despite far from perfect parents. Putting them in care would remove them from the community that makes them good kids.

except it's not simples. putting the children into an over-stretched care system not only costs, but removes space and resources from actual serious cases. then there are the outcomes for children within the care system. the reality is her children are not cases that require putting into state care.
    The kids should be seized from her and cared for, that would be the right decision.

it really wouldn't. it would be a ridiculous decisian and would be a waste of over-stretched resources for a non-essential case. state care is for children who are in actual danger, it is not a tool to be used to get at people who have children that we disagree with.

except it's not simples. putting the children into an over-stretched care system not only costs, but removes space and resources from actual serious cases. then there are the outcomes for children within the care system. the reality is her children are not cases that require putting into state care.

give them a chance at a productive non criminal life , might save the state in the long run

M

it really wouldn't. it would be a ridiculous decisian and would be a waste of over-stretched resources for a non-essential case. state care is for children who are in actual danger, it is not a tool to be used to get at people who have children that we disagree with.

Who says anything about a waste of resources, we have €287500 to accomodate "refugees"/"grown men wanting EyePhones" per person in the first year, we have more money to blow than Flynn...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/cabinet-to-hear-11-5m-needed-to-relocate-40-calais-minors-1.2930693

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

. the state does not sponsor chancers, in fact there are laws to deal with chancers.

Really? The State including the National Broadcaster is firmly behind this chancer, in every way possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

it's only a few on forums or those who have time to complain to radio stations who would be of that view. the vast vast majority of people know exactly why they bother, and that is because of the possible chances of bettering themselves that bothering brings.

great, but that's your problem. just because we do the right thing, it doesn't make us special.

the state helps people in need, yes . the state does not sponsor chancers, in fact there are laws to deal with chancers.

yes, it's certainly no mystery why the far right are on the rise. gullible people who will believe anything they are told. they have always existed and always will. however, the far right aren't going to do anything about what their supporters see as problems.

So much bollox in one post, new high EOTR. Belittling posters on here. . Trying to tarnish posters as far right for just asking why can one jump a que, saying its only a few that are questioning what is going on(the media( radio in particular) are not posting about how many are upset about this) and how they are getting away with it.
    Bollox, that is just the same bs the media is putting out.

There are people getting away with murder, so to speak. And when there are questions asked about it.

You and the media just paper over and call anyone that questions what is going on as, Internet trolls/far right. Sick of this ****e

A lot of big cock syndrome on this thread. I know a family in sort of similar circumstances. A couple of the kids are good kids despite far from perfect parents. Putting them in care would remove them from the community that makes them good kids.

like mrs cashs partner ?

do you know much about the extended family ?

• Advertisement
    M

like mrs cashs partner ?

do you know much about the extended family ?

<fake news>ye can't be asking sensible questions in de Oirish Media</fake news>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement