Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

That is some comparison you have there

Are you suggesting that Travellers should still be allowed to pull in wherever they wish ?

Should I as a non Traveller be allowed to do the same ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Dannyriver wrote: »
    lmimmfn wrote: »
    Would you quit it with the random tangents, open another thread if you want to discuss your "issues" ffs

Someone made the point that Travelers should forget about their own culture and join Irish mainstream culture and that you cant have it both ways...I made the point that in the UAE Irish people are allowed maintain their culture and have it both ways. I ve only responded to those that dispute that fact...it s not at all a case of random tangents.

In what way irish culture in UAE is allowed ?

You are allowed to eat Denny rashers and sausages :)

Vizzy wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that Travellers should still be allowed to pull in wherever they wish ?

Should I as a non Traveller be allowed to do the same ?

Nope

Nope

Nope, the Travellers shouldn't be allowed or Nope, I shouldn't ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Our
    Someone made the point that Travelers should forget about their own culture and join Irish mainstream culture and that you cant have it both ways...I made the point that in the UAE Irish people are allowed maintain their culture and have it both ways. I ve only responded to those that dispute that fact...it s not at all a case of random tangents.

Do you agree with leaving school early to persue this part of the culture?

"When you're a Traveller and you get married, you cook, clean and have kids," she said.

https://m.herald.ie/news/temporary-flat-is-no-solution-politicians-dont-care-about-us-37224513.html

Nope, the Travellers shouldn't be allowed or Nope, I shouldn't ?

I am not suggesting that.

You should not be allowed do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

But at the end of the day I’m entitled to a house, I still haven’t got my house yet.”

Everyone keeps picking it up wrong. It’s only on a monthly basis, temporary, it is not my forever home, like.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2993894/homeless-margaret-cash-dublin-flat-not-forever/

Dafuq?

Had she said why she is ENTITLED to a house?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

To answer you, I have lived in UAE and Rydah to be exact.

No, in general Irish people cannot live like we do here. I lived in a compound, and yes, in there we had pubs (irish and all) and we could do what we liked to a point similar to home.
    That was in the compound. I got a taxi once and I was tipsy, now tipsy mind, and the driver wouldnt take me as he was a local. He got annoyed at me for even asking and threatened the local culture police, who are basically thugs.
    I went out a few times to walk in the local areas outside the compounds, and I can honestly say that no, its not like here at all.

As for Mrs, Cash, it was the Mirror today who said she has "disclosed " to them the 3 bed flat isnt her forever home

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The cash one wasn't on the housing list when she was 17 ,
    You have to be 18 to apply to get on to the housing list.

So she's down another year ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭bobbyss

To answer you, I have lived in UAE, Rydah to be exact.

Rydah? UAE?
    Are you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I checked into this thread to see if there was any developments,over the last couple of pages I got the impression that Ms Cash had gotten a house in the middle East.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

bobbyss wrote: »
    Rydah? UAE?
    Are you sure?

meant to say and!!!

It was Abu Dabi in UAE. And sorry, RIYADH.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Why isn't she housed in the lovely new houses built in the halting site at Taylor's lane in rathfarnham area.

Some serious money spent in there.

Why isn't she housed in the lovely new houses built in the halting site at Taylor's lane in rathfarnham area.

Some serious money spent in there.

She only wants a house in tallaght .

She also needs to be close to a school she won't send her kids to , because they will meet a bad crowd

Gatling wrote: »

Why don't they give her a 40ft container.

Why don't they give her a 40ft container.

She already has her own mobile home ,

Maybe she's only looking for a holiday home?

She also needs to be close to a school she won't send her kids to , because they will meet a bad crowd

Oh yes they could well learn some terrible terrible habits such as respect those around you and that stealing is wrong and that to get things one has to work.....

Shocking stuff as they don't need to be subjected to such unimaginable things like that and what their mother does is the way of life how it all falls together such as it falls on their lap without having to lift a hand.

She already has her own mobile home ,

Maybe she's only looking for a holiday home?

What I mean is the 40ft containers which can then be put on top of each other.

Very cheap compared to building.

What I mean is the 40ft containers which can then be put on top of each other.

Very cheap compared to building.

Great idea ,very green too ,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Where is this mobile home that she has?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The Brits have media to cover every angle. If you buy the Guardian or Daily Mail or Sun you know what you are getting.

I read here about one radio show host who asked what everyone on the thread was thinking. Niall Boylan the chap is named, I don’t know him really

That it? Every other media piece I noticed from MOC, Matt Cooper and the papers had the same take on the story. Every single one. So much for an independent media asking tough questions :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

mikemac2 wrote: »
    The Brits have media to cover every angle. If you buy the Guardian or Daily Mail or Sun you know what you are getting.

I read here about one radio show host who asked what everyone on the thread was thinking. Niall Boylan the chap is named, I don’t know him really

That it? Every other media piece I noticed from MOC, Matt Cooper and the papers had the same take on the story. Every single one. So much for an independent media asking tough questions :confused:

I would love it if there was a journalist out there with the balls to run an article in one of the Sunday papers which conveys the general mood of the nation to expose this lady for the scam artist she is. It would certainly sell copies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

Our

Do you agree with leaving school early to persue this part of the culture?

"When you're a Traveller and you get married, you cook, clean and have kids," she said.

https://m.herald.ie/news/temporary-flat-is-no-solution-politicians-dont-care-about-us-37224513.html

No I don t, I was raised with diametrically opposed views of how to live. in fact I find most of their culture anathema to how I believe people should live but I believe in their right to call themselves a separate culture and their rights as citizens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

I would love it if there was a journalist out there with the balls to run an article in one of the Sunday papers which to convey the general mood of the nation to expose this lady for the scam artist she is. It would certainly sell copies

Paul Williams?

The right to live as westerners want to and practice their religion and customs as they so wish

You are allowed to eat Denny rashers and sausages :)

True

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I would love it if there was a journalist out there with the balls to run an article in one of the Sunday papers which to convey the general mood of the nation to expose this lady for the scam artist she is. It would certainly sell copies

The general mood of the nation is that most people actually don’t care. That’s why the tabloid media “has the balls” to write pieces that they know will wind some people up no end, because that’s what sells copies. If they were restricted to reporting the facts in a factual manner, nobody would be interested.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭warsaw2018

You be honest the. Schools are good for nothing only drink next drugs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement