Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

Something seriously wrong in society when ordinary hard working people wonder why they bother.

I pay my way, do the right thing & all that...

But I see chancers like this too often.....Not alone that, but the State actively sponsors them.:confused:

No mystery as to why the Far Right are making inroads all over Europe.

Trump is in the White House for the same reason.

Arrogant lefties with no semblance of a grip on the realities of what the 'people who get up in the morning' go through or think.

Too interested in pandering to minorities & their own personal hobby horses. The Left abandoned the working man many years ago.

I wouldn't be a fan of the Nazis but I'd just love to see what would happen to this wan if she pulled a stunt like this on Adolf's watch.

Trump is in the White House for the same reason.

Trump is the greatest chancer that walked the planet ffs even die hards would have to concede that no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

mynamejeff wrote: »
    so she cant look after them , take them off her and put them in care simples

No accounting for lack of imagination...you try to take 7 kids off a mother they love and spread them up and down the country in different cars with them kicking screaming and begging to be with their mother brothers and sisters ...'simples' are you serious. Step back from the computer it's dulling your sense of humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Faith+1 wrote: »
    So anyone with a valid point to make is deemed a 'prejudiced conservative'

The fcuking cheek of the media

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/larissa-nolan-progressive-liberals-now-think-its-okay-to-sneer-at-single-mums-37226006.html

Imagine if that was written like that,but from a "right" thinking angle. There would be outcry from the lefties.

Scande of an article for f*ck sake. The amount of buzzwords she uses is halarious "sanctimonious discrimination", "prejudiced conservatives", etc etc.

She states this "Dual-income earners can’t get a mortgage because all their money goes on extortionate rent and so there’s nothing left to save for a deposit." then fails to see why people maybe a little angry to see some who are taking home more income than they are getting a free home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

^^^

Just read the article. Jaysis she is so ungrateful.

Constantly indicating that it's not in Tallaght and it's not my forever home.

She is unemployed, uneductated, probably has more disposable income than me and is pretty much demanding a house in Tallaght and that's that.

I am employed, I am educated, I have been paying tax for 20 years, I earn less than she is claiming yet I cannot demand anything from the State.

Oh, and how dare we criticise her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,314 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Going to ask the workers to pay more so that Cash and her ilk are catered for.

https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/tax-plan-to-hit-squeezed-middle-for-extra-250-37227765.html

Edit: I see its already posted, but jesus this makes me mad. Gov have a cheek. They simply refuse to reform the benefits system. Which is what actually needs done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Looks like further PRSI increases on the way to fund such farces. Long overdue that the squeezed middle hit the streets and say enough is enough.

https://m.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/tax-plan-to-hit-squeezed-middle-for-extra-250-37227765.html

*Edit just see it's been posted already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

NIMAN wrote: »
    Going to ask the workers to pay more so that Cash and her ilk are catered for.

https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/tax-plan-to-hit-squeezed-middle-for-extra-250-37227765.html

Oh I love it. And this is a proposal from FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭wetlandsboy

‘Better than nothing’ says she about the apartment in the city centre for which her neighbours, who I’m sure are overjoyed to live next to her, are paying €2500 a month. Talk about a kick in the teeth!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭bobbyss

The effects of homelessness on kids is bad enough but I wonder what a professional e.g. psychologist would make of posting your kids' photos on social media being homeless would be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

When is anyone going to take a stand? Probably never.

Best bet, just leave the country. It's a welfare state now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Good article here by Charlie Weston. I think it highlights why people are so angry at this parasitic behaviour. The same people always pay.

It might just be a drop in the ocean but career welfare claimers who are able to work need to be targeted also.

https://m.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/middle-ireland-is-already-squeezed-it-shouldnt-pay-again-37227766.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

"Speaking from her new apartment, Margaret, 28, told the Irish Sun....
    ... “I’ve been on the housing list 11, 12 years, so I deserve one this stage, that’s what I say to those people."

There's something seriously wrong with a system that allows 'not adults' onto a housing list, while they continue to reproduce as fast as they can.

For a 16yr old to even consider they're entitled to a house, just as soon as they get knocked up. When the view education as this one does.

How people still can't see that this is a chosen and lucrative lifestyle for many, is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

"Speaking from her new apartment, Margaret, 28, told the Irish Sun....
    ... “I’ve been on the housing list 11, 12 years, so I deserve one this stage, that’s what I say to those people."

There's something seriously wrong with a system that allows 'not adults' onto a housing list, while they continue to reproduce as fast as they can.

For a 16yr old to even consider they're entitled to a house, just as soon as they get knocked up. When the view education as this one does.

How people still can't see that this is a chosen and lucrative lifestyle for many, is beyond me.

I'd wonder about the accuracy of 11-12 years and no house. I dont buy it. With 6 million kids id have thought she would be prioritised.

Well im off out now to earn 50 quid for 3 hours work. Fxxk am i declaring it after seeing this sxxxe bag given an apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'd wonder about the accuracy of 11-12 years and no house. I dont buy it. With 6 million kids id have thought she would be prioritised.

Well im off out now to earn 50 quid for 3 hours work. Fxxk am i declaring it after seeing this sxxxe bag given an apartment.

She was housed just she never paid her part of the rent.

Shocking stuff when they have to resort to using the likes of her to advertise how bad the housing crisis is.

She earns more then me.

I can't afford to live in Dublin but work there.

I can't afford to buy as the rent I pay is more then a mortgage.

Do you think I can get a mortgage.... Fook no I was turned down even with enough for a small deposit.

Looks like I'll be stuck renting and having to move further and further from Dublin as rents are increasing further and further out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

0% appreciation

110% self entitlement.

I just read the article.

Someone needs to take the shovel off that one? She’s still digging.

Pity the flat screen tv isn’t working though?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

In an interview she gave the tallaght echo where she was being made homeless (again) she claimed she was on the list 6 years ,3 years later it's now 11+ years .

She would have started out on the two bed list ,then to three and then to the 4 bed Lists as the babies were popped out ,

Gatling wrote: »
    In an interview she gave the tallaght echo where she was being made homeless (again) she claimed she was on the list 6 years ,3 years later it's now 11+ years .

She would have started out on the two bed list ,then to three and then to the 4 bed Lists as the babies were popped out ,

Don’t you have to be 18+ (an adult) to go on the housing list?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭wetlandsboy

[quote="

Pity the flat screen tv isn’t working though?[/quote]

Ah, it’s alright - I’m sure SvP, Focus, etc will get that sorted for her!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Don’t you have to be 18+ (an adult) to go on the housing list?

Yes you do ,most county councils I've read say you have to be 18 to apply for the list

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Not for one minute do i condone what went on in the Magdalene/Mother & baby homes, but "kids" that find themselves with crisis pregnancies should be taken into care in a decent, caring and healthy environment , given a proper meaningful education and thought life skills and a qualification before returning into society.

Not put into free public housing and incentivided to breed more children into the cycle.

We've a pensions timebomb, workers told they must contribute more.
    We've also a social welfare time bomb.
    Kinda ironic as its unlikely many of these kids (statistically) will ever help alleviate the former, only exacerbate the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Peter McVerry says anyone who opposes people getting houses who have never worked a day in their life is a conservative trump supporter!!

Blame the government, abdicate all personal responsibility

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

She was housed just she never paid her part of the rent.

Shocking stuff when they have to resort to using the likes of her to advertise how bad the housing crisis is.

She earns more then me.

I can't afford to live in Dublin but work there.

I can't afford to buy as the rent I pay is more then a mortgage.

Do you think I can get a mortgage.... Fook no I was turned down even with enough for a small deposit.

Looks like I'll be stuck renting and having to move further and further from Dublin as rents are increasing further and further out.

No she doesn't earn more than you.

That would imply she has to work for it.

She gets it for doing nothing.Is rewarded for it really.

Even if it is legal it is certainly morally wrong in my opinion.

This welfare state thing is gone seriously out of hand.Rewarded for doing nothing.
    The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

For me the disappointing thing about this whole situation is that I feel I will never support a homeless charity again. I hate seeing this systemic abuse and the absolute entitlement of some of these people. I’ve always been a giving person (a trait instilled in me by my late mother) but I’ve had enough. In future I’ll have to think of a way of supporting the needy without giving to the greedy. Shame on any homeless charity that is backing this type of behaviour.

I’m not clicking on any media links anymore. Think they are just publishing stuff about her in order to get the redirects and advertising revenue now. **** em, they’ve shown that they are not impartial in their reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭HIB

Completely buy the argument that we have to care for people and house them, no matter how reckless, incompetent or feckless they are.

However, surely we can do that on our own terms.

Why does she have to live in Dublin? Why should she live in a place demanding premium prices, when many who work can’t afford that luxury.

Move to Waterford, Limerick, Galway, Cork. Or any of the hundreds of ailing rural towns that might actually benefit from the population boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

https://m.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/middle-ireland-is-already-squeezed-it-shouldnt-pay-again-37227766.html

Here we go again.
    Sorry it's been posted multiple times. Goes to show the anger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

tom1ie wrote: »

Here we go again.
    Sorry it's been posted multiple times. Goes to show the anger.

There will come a tipping point some day and people will explode with anger. It could be 2/5 10 years. Who knows. The Govt just think they can squeeze squeeze squeeze the middle with no repurcussions. Just look at the temporary USC ffs.

They are constantly feeding a monster. Useless.

• Advertisement

I’m not clicking on any media links anymore. Think they are just publishing stuff about her in order to get the redirects and advertising revenue now. **** em, they’ve shown that they are not impartial in their reporting.

Pity I didn’t read this 10 minutes ago.

I just made the stupid mistake of reading yesterday’s article in the sun about her.

More fool me, more fools those with high rents,low paid jobs,high mortgages, getting up early in the morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement