Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

great, but that's your problem. just because we do the right thing, it doesn't make us special.
    No, but should people who don't do the right thing be allowed to continue to live the way they do without repercussions? I said it before people need to learn that they have to live with "their" choices and not expect everyone else to foot the bill.
    the state helps people in need, yes . the state does not sponsor chancers, in fact there are laws to deal with chancers.
    Totally disagree with that, I know of a flat in dublin paid for by the Counsel that houses a drug dealer, complaints have been made and they are still there. The complex is gated, need a code to get in and he's handing the code out to his buyers, it's like grand central with the druggies in and out and the rest of the resident can't do anything about it.

This is not the first time something like this has happened. Last year Ward "Family of 10 living on social welfare dropped from housing list because their income was too high, court told.heir annual social protection income had jumped to just over €29,000 after the birth of an eighth child"

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/family-of-10-living-on-social-welfare-dropped-from-housing-list-because-their-income-was-too-high-court-told-35990774.html

A line has to be drawn or else it's just taking the p*ss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

spookwoman wrote: »
    No, but should people who don't do the right thing be allowed to continue to live the way they do without repercussions? I said it before people need to learn that they have to live with "their" choices and not expect everyone else to foot the bill.

Totally disagree with that, I know of a flat in dublin paid for by the Counsel that houses a drug dealer, complaints have been made and they are still there. The complex is gated, need a code to get in and he's handing the code out to his buyers, it's like grand central with the druggies in and out and the rest of the resident can't do anything about it.

This is not the first time something like this has happened. Last year Ward "Family of 10 living on social welfare dropped from housing list because their income was too high, court told.heir annual social protection income had jumped to just over €29,000 after the birth of an eighth child"

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/family-of-10-living-on-social-welfare-dropped-from-housing-list-because-their-income-was-too-high-court-told-35990774.html

Is that near the Guinness Brewery by any chance?

deco nate wrote: »
    Is that near the Guinness Brewery by any chance?

North side

• Registered Users Posts: 29,031 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

mynamejeff wrote: »
    give them a chance at a productive non criminal life , might save the state in the long run

unfortunately state care doesn't guarantee against leading a criminal life.
    Who says anything about a waste of resources, we have €287500 to accomodate "refugees"/"grown men wanting EyePhones" per person in the first year, we have more money to blow than Flynn...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/cabinet-to-hear-11-5m-needed-to-relocate-40-calais-minors-1.2930693

and that's a separate issue. the reality is that the care system is a system to protect children who are in actual danger. it is not, and nor should be, a system that is used to have a go at or get at parents because they make a decisian that some disagree with. we effectively tried similar for decades and it failed.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Is it wrong if not cruel to have loads of children if they are going to be raised in poverty.

• Advertisement

So much bollox in one post, new high EOTR. Belittling posters on here. . Trying to tarnish posters as far right for just asking why can one jump a que, saying its only a few that are questioning what is going on(the media( radio in particular) are not posting about how many are upset about this) and how they are getting away with it.
    Bollox, that is just the same bs the media is putting out.

There are people getting away with murder, so to speak. And when there are questions asked about it.

You and the media just paper over and call anyone that questions what is going on as, Internet trolls/far right. Sick of this ****e

perhapse have a read of my posts again and come back to me, because none of what you claim i have done or said within my posts, i have said or done.

where there are children involved and the parents are unable to support them due to financial difficulties then we have to support them. we don't have to like the parents but the children have to be supported. i believe these people don't get to live the way they do without consiquences. they will never be employed, they will never own a house, they will always be at the mercy of the state and what goes with it. i certainly would not want to be in that situation and i'm glad i'm not.

and i agree that is wrong, he should be in jail as he is a criminal.

i believe the line is drawn when people don't meet the criteria/thresholds required to receive.

perhapse have a read of my posts again and come back to me, because none of what you claim has happened within them.

It's what you said in your post, belittling posters calling them far right for there concerns on here.
    Saying it's only a few people that that disagree with this poor woman, and
    I don't like the part of your post that attempts to say that people have a low IQ are far right.
    Yes I have read your post and dissected myself with my low IQ.
    I'm a low IQ that is easily lead and also a Internet troll/far right

In your mind

Edit: I'm not talking about all you posts, don't try that.

I'm taking about your post I quoted before.

It's what you said in your post, belittling posters calling them far right for there concerns on here.
    Saying it's only a few people that that disagree with this poor woman, and
    I don't like the part of your post that attempts to say that people have a low IQ are far right.
    Yes I have read your post and dissected myself with my low IQ.
    I'm a low IQ that is easily lead and also a Internet troll/far right

In your mind

again, read the posts. what you claim i said or did i didn't.
    i never called anyone far right. the poster i replied to stated how they aren't surprised that the far right are gaining traction, and i explained to them the actual reason for it. i also never said that it was a small few who disagree with this woman, i said it was a small few who would be of the view as to why they bother working etc.
    i also never mentioned low iq or iq at all.
    so, i have explained twice now that what you have claimed is inaccurate.

it's only a few on forums or those who have time to complain to radio stations who would be of that view. the vast vast majority of people know exactly why they bother, and that is because of the possible chances of bettering themselves that bothering brings.

great, but that's your problem. just because we do the right thing, it doesn't make us special.

the state helps people in need, yes . the state does not sponsor chancers, in fact there are laws to deal with chancers.

yes, it's certainly no mystery why the far right are on the rise. gullible people who will believe anything they are told. they have always existed and always will. however, the far right aren't going to do anything about what their supporters see as problems.

The post I quoted,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

again, read the posts. what you claim i said or did i didn't.
    i never called anyone far right. the poster i replied to stated how they aren't surprised that the far right are gaining traction, and i explained to them the actual reason for it. i also never said that it was a small few who disagree with this woman, i said it was a small few who would be of the view as to why they bother working etc.
    i also never mentioned low iq or iq at all.
    so, i have explained twice now that what you have claimed is inaccurate.

Oh Lord!

There's no point in arguing with a professional stirrer.

I sometimes wonder how many achievements he has in this world.

Not many, I'd say.

I know it goes against the rules but there is is.

If I get a ban for this post, I'll take it on the chin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I just learned today that two days before this story broke a man at his wits end with HSE over serious malpractice contacted Rté, Independent and either the Sun or The Mirror. The tabloid said they’d call him back and never did.

Oh Lord!

There's no point in arguing with a professional stirrer.

I sometimes wonder how many achievements he has in this world.

Not many, I'd say.

I know it goes against the rules but there is is.

If I get a ban for this post, I'll take it on the chin.

How many achievements I've had?
    How about beaten depression, suicidal depression.
    I don't care about you, I have never seen a post from you before now.

But my posts are here for all to see, and I have been honest and true.

I have posted about how close I have been. you know what **** you.

I don't have to tell you anything, I have never been anything but honest and real on here.
    If you want think I'm making stuff up, I'm not. you can go way back and see for yourself.
    I'm an open book on here.
    And I really do mean when I say, go **** yourself!

You piece of ****

Mod: banned

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

As we know, banks have recently started offloading their non performing loans in a big way in recent times and this raises the question why did they wait for people to be on average 7 years in arrears before taking action. Obviously they and the politicians wanted to keep the defaulters houses off the market while they were re-blowing the property price bubble so that they could recoup their losses after the crash.

This raises the prospect that a property collapse could happen again after they have concluded their offloading to the vulture funds. Indeed, if Ireland is a microcosm of the western world then such a collapse could be accompanied by hyperinflation. In terms of goods coming from the rest of the world (beyond the west), they could become much more expensive in real terms i.e. in terms of gold while at the same time western currencies are likely to plummet in value relative to gold. So called "cheap tat" from China will become prohibitively expensive and only the very wealthly will be able to acquire such things. In other words, what was considered cheap will become rare and will therefore be perceived as a luxury in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,890 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

and that's a separate issue. the reality is that the care system is a system to protect children who are in actual danger. it is not, and nor should be, a system that is used to have a go at or get at parents because they make a decisian that some disagree with. we effectively tried similar for decades and it failed.

What if they appear to anyone except those sleeping happy in their happy land job at night to be at least mid twenties and not mid teens?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Won’t quote it in case you want to delete it but deco I think you’re after misreading Filmers post. It wasn’t directed at you.

Won’t quote it in case you want to delete it but deco I think you’re after misreading Filmers post. It wasn’t directed at you.

I won't delete it, however I thought it was a post agreeing with him, but thanks for your consideration of my post.
    And after reading it again, I still believe it was. If I am wrong I apologise.
    But it's in the wording of the post. Quoting poster but using "he" and not "you" lead me to my comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Bazzer007

It looks like Regina Doherty expects the squeezed middle to pay for ‘our friends’ who just are too lazy to work. You can’t make this sh*t up. I don’t receive any welfare benefits, but supposedly most people in Ireland do. How about reducing the welfare budget with an emphasis on cutting payments to those who refuse to pay a contribution towards their rent or refuse to retrain/work. At this stage I’m ready to support any political party that will stand up & challenge this sense of entitlement ‘our lazy friends’ are born with.

https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/tax-plan-to-hit-squeezed-middle-for-extra-250-37227765.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Bazzer007 wrote: »
    It looks like Regina Doherty expects the squeezed middle to pay for ‘our friends’ who just are too lazy to work. You can’t make this sh*t up. I don’t receive any welfare benefits, but supposedly most people in Ireland do. How about reducing the welfare budget with an emphasis on cutting payments to those who refuse to pay a contribution towards their rent or refuse to retrain/work. At this stage I’m ready to support any political party that will stand up & challenge this sense of entitlement ‘our lazy friends’ are born with.

https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/tax-plan-to-hit-squeezed-middle-for-extra-250-37227765.html

Tax welfare through the paye system. Our friends €51k will take a nice hit along with all the other domestic engineers. Why should a person not working not pay tax? People working have to pay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

Tax welfare through the paye system. Our friends €51k will take a nice hit along with all the other domestic engineers. Why should a person not working not pay tax? People working have to pay.

Is the 51k that’s being bandied about fact? That’s near €4K a month into her hand. That’s about the equivalent salary of €75k for a paye worker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭malinheader

sightband wrote: »

A house. It's a fcuking hotel she would need. All joking aside what chance have them kids got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

That Miriam O' Callaghan eh, loads of kids ,paid for by a tax imposed on everyone with a t.v.!

Those civil servants eh, the private sector reckon they are the laziest most self entitled wasters that ever had a job, they get pensions, and sign off for weeks if they break a nail, "wouldn't last a day in the real economy", say the private sector!

Those poor hard working Farmers eh, with the massive house's on their lands eh, subsidised for decades, who payed for that?

Who are today's private landlords eh, how many Landlords have connections to the civil service, from T.D.s/developer;s to Guards...an audit would soon reveal that ,eh?

Those job's for life in Ireland, C.I.E, Guinness etc...how many got in because of who they knew rather than what they knew,eh? How many would not get a look in if they had the wrong address not matter how willing they were,eh?

The neglected ,dispossessed sections of society, over the decades , they seem to be giving us modern day problems .

How did that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,532 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

tigerboon wrote: »
    The decision to give accommodation to this family is the right decision. It has to be based on what is right for the kids. One great thing this country has is that it tries to provide equal opportunity for kids. Hence free education and children's allowance and following on from that, college grants. I have benefitted from this and have paid my mortgage off 5 years early and pay nearly enough tax to pay for this woman and her family. If 1 or 2 of the kids come good, it's money well spent.
    The problem is the system which isn't going to change any time soon. It's a cheap shot to call this woman all the things she has been called in this thread. Play the ball not the man

What’s right for the kids ??
    I could suggest staying with this mother may not be right for the kids, perhaps being fostered out into decent hard working families where they will grow up learning social responsibility and hard work as a way of life would be right for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

https://m.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/tax-plan-to-hit-squeezed-middle-for-extra-250-37227765.html

Ah bless.

Da gud owl gubbermint want te make uz pay more PRSI for de welfare brigade.

"The calls for higher pay-related social insurance - PRSI - payments come as the Department of Social Protection found the country is overly dependent on social welfare payments"

Hows about they tackle welfare fraud, bring in a welfare cap or reduce it for career dole monkeys (5 year+ people).

Nope. The answer is to take more money from me. I dont have infinite amounts of money ye cnuts, if ye keep taking, sure I might as well be on the dole myself.

"It said the timing of any increase could coincide with proposed reductions in USC (universal social charge) rates in the Budget to help mitigate the impact on the disposable earnings and consumption generally."

Typical. Heres a €10 now give me back €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Chewbacca wrote: »
    https://m.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/tax-plan-to-hit-squeezed-middle-for-extra-250-37227765.html

Ah bless.

Da gud owl gubbermint want te make uz pay more PRSI for de welfare brigade.

"The calls for higher pay-related social insurance - PRSI - payments come as the Department of Social Protection found the country is overly dependent on social welfare payments"

Hows about they tackle welfare fraud, bring in a welfare cap or reduce it for career dole monkeys (5 year+ people).

Nope. The answer is to take more money from me. I dont have infinite amounts of money ye cnuts, if ye keep taking, sure I might as well be on the dole myself.

"It said the timing of any increase could coincide with proposed reductions in USC (universal social charge) rates in the Budget to help mitigate the impact on the disposable earnings and consumption generally."

Typical. Heres a €10 now give me back €50.

The squeezed middle are an easy target as they are the most docile and have things like work to keep them busy during the day

• Registered Users Posts: 18,532 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

naughtb4 wrote: »
    The squeezed middle are an easy target as they are the most docile and have things like work to keep them busy during the day

Like shooting fish in a barrel. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

naughtb4 wrote: »

Completely agree. I proposed several times on this thread on a media boycott in order to get them to cop on and apart from 4 other people no one else bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Has there actually been an outrage about Cash sleeping in a Garda station?

It feels like the only outrage is in the media , the rest of people can see she is gaming the system

• Advertisement

where there are children involved and the parents are unable to support them due to financial difficulties then we have to support them. we don't have to like the parents but the children have to be supported. i believe these people don't get to live the way they do without consiquences. they will never be employed, they will never own a house, they will always be at the mercy of the state and what goes with it. i certainly would not want to be in that situation and i'm glad i'm not.
    I honestly don't know what could be done but continuing the way they are at the moment is basically giving the green light that it's acceptable to breed like rabbits, never work a day in their lives and get everything handed to them by the state.

What happens if they get kicked out of their new place because of antisocial behavior. Is that the states fault? Maybe they should say f*ck you you're on your own, we gave you a bed and you sh*t in it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement