Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 8 **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭lukin

Full trailer.

Time to get one back over on the Russians?

Is that Saul getting struck with the rifle butt from Haqqani?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,209 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good old Saul/Carrie dynamic.

Just a few weeks to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Back next Sunday the 9th with Carrie's gurning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Xwebstar

They're really gonna do this..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

Starts on RTE Two on Thursday 13th February at 10.30pm

Starts on Channel 4 on Sunday 16th February at 9pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Good opening episode however it could have done with a proper recap from last season at the start as it has been 22 months since season 7 ended.

It feels like there is going to be a lot of parallels to season 1 with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Acosta

brian_t wrote: »
    Starts on RTE Two on Thursday 13th February at 10.30pm

Starts on Channel 4 on Sunday 16th February at 9pm

RTE the first to have it and they put it on at half 10 :rolleyes:

Great to see Tasneem again; she's smokin'.

Good opening episode however it could have done with a proper recap from last season at the start as it has been 22 months since season 7 ended.

It feels like there is going to be a lot of parallels to season 1 with this.

not so impressed that they are going to have the last season revolve around whether Carrie is a double agent or not after coming back from Russia.

One fairly large plot hole though; it seems Carrie is "back" working for the CIA again after her time being held captive in Russia. However in the previous season Carrie was not working for the CIA, she was unemployed and living with her sister.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

glasso wrote: »
    not so impressed that they are going to have the last season revolve around whether Carrie is a double agent or not after coming back from Russia.

Disagree - it's an absolutely PERFECT way to set up the final season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Me before episode 1:
    - ugh.. there's soo much tv at the moment
    - can I even remember the story?
    - an HOUR long episode!
    - can this show even compare to other shows
    - what did I like so much about this show again

Me after episode 1:
    Lock and load!
    502679.jpg

Mr E wrote: »
    Disagree - it's an absolutely PERFECT way to set up the final season.

I would have preferred something more nuanced and complex where she actually questions the whole "great game", struggles with the morality of it and possibly goes against it on a crucial decision at the end.

double-agent guessing a bit old imo.

good to see Max getting a more prominent role from the outset in this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Can I just say that RTE are complete @rseholes putting it on at 22:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    Can I just say that RTE are complete @rseholes putting it on at 22:30.

What would you expect from them in fairness, best to record it, watch tomorrow night and skip the ads

So Saul has been captured by Haqqani (again). That happened in season four so it seems a bit of a re-hash. Also is anyone finding it annoying that everyone in Kabul seems to know Carrie from sometime before? They have done that so many times now it is getting a bit much; "Ah Carrie so nice to see you again.. "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

afghan vp voice is so hard to listen to

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tjdaly

Surprised this is still on the air. Watched the first two seasons and couldn't bear anymore. Whether it was "cry-face" Clare Danes constantly having "episodes", or the constant stream of regurgitated bargain-basement American propaganda, it really was the worst thing on television after Season I. I particularly hated the elderly Jewish character with the beard. Also, there is only so much "Cry Face" a man can handle. I'm a fan of the actor Damian Lewis however. Very unusual for a ginger to become so famous, but he earned it. He should do more theatre.

2: **** me! What a ride! That was another good episode. Wonder if they can keep this up. Clearly they've been given some budget. That helicopter can't be cheap like!

Feels like the Americans are being taken for a ride though. At some point I assume they're gonna step up their game.

• Advertisement

tjdaly wrote: »
    or the constant stream of regurgitated bargain-basement American propaganda,

That's not actually true. They sometime show the CIA behaving just as badly as Al-Qaeda/jihadists.

so after all does not seem to be going down the guessing route where Carrie is some sort of willing sleeper agent for the Russians.... unless they have planted some sort of coding into her subconscious which will be only triggered by watching a certain scene of the Simpsons or something?!

The Russians are acting like they have her where they want her tho (Yuvgeny guy appears again and smugly freaks the feck out of her) and it was intimated last week that Carrie maybe gave away an asset during her interrogation that was subquently killed by the Taliban (the husband of the wife who had the info on the general in this episode).

a nod to Carrie's drunken shagger past near the end also "soda water, I'm not as fun as I used to be...." lol.

totally ridiculous tho to be expected to believe that a top CIA guy (Saul) would head off to a very dangerous location to meet with a mass-killer terrorist. it is only tv after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

if anyone watched Turn there was similar story line about creating doubt for a spy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

if anyone watched Turn there was similar story line about creating doubt for a spy.

lol Captain Simcoe was a delightfully evil villain in that series. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Surprised this is still on the air. Watched the first two seasons and couldn't bear anymore. Whether it was "cry-face" Clare Danes constantly having "episodes", or the constant stream of regurgitated bargain-basement American propaganda, it really was the worst thing on television after Season I. I particularly hated the elderly Jewish character with the beard. Also, there is only so much "Cry Face" a man can handle. I'm a fan of the actor Damian Lewis however. Very unusual for a ginger to become so famous, but he earned it. He should do more theatre.

'It's like her whole face is chewing gum...'....

:D

seasons 2 and 3 were the worst in the series. absolute muck - skip.

but season 4 was maybe the best and worth watching. still worth going back to watch now if you haven't seen it.

5, 6 and 7 were not bad at the time but not worth going back to watch now if you didn't see them at the original air dates.

I watch very few shows but after stopping watching this in season 2 or 3 and then going back to it later I have stuck with it even though it's not exactly the very best thing on tv. going to see it out now. for whatever reason (of sticking with it, maybe down to the fact that it has tried to move with the times along the way to be topical - Isis, immigration into Europe, the US presidency social media interference etc) I suspect a lot of other people are in the same boat.

3: Good episode. I don't think Carrie is compromised. Feels more like there's another party involved. Whether that's the ISI/The Russians/Someone else I don't know.

Buddy Cop film (as a once-off spin-off)? Yes! :D

503622.jpg

I liked the bit where Yevgeny told Carrie about the time she considered drowning her own child. You could see she was well rattled that he knew that and realised she had told him but didn't remember. Now she is wondering what else she told him while she was held hostage.

the weakest episode so far tbh - the whole meeting with Yevgeny was a pointless anti-climax and Haqqani has gone all Jorry Adams (except with a much bigger hooter and frankly an all-around better beard) gunning for a peace agreement.

I have a feeling that there will be a big development in the next episode or two though....

I mean this season just has to have some sort of tragic end doesn't it so that will need to be engineered.

Tasneem must have at least one more sneaky move up her skirt. total silf all the same.

893a488d-a453-4cd1-b847-aee516110554.jpg

• Advertisement

Interesting (and tragic) fact: Nimrat Kaur, the Indian actress playing Tasneem; her real life father was kidnapped and killed in Kashmir by terrorists backed by ISI, and she's playing an ISI agent in Homeland.

Advertisement