Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer in the Civil Service 2018 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gracie21

Me too also 4.3. I hope so ��

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Bazman33

sickofthis wrote: »
    I also got emailed I passed the interview and in batch 4.3. Am I right to assume they might start assigning soon due to the sudden speed?

You have to be patient I was in batch 3.? Did my interview in early March only got placement last week...

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

If you are waiting on placement and the campaign expires, do you miss out?

redmgar wrote: »
    If you are waiting on placement and the campaign expires, do you miss out?

I think you have to be offers. Department if you have that your safe but if you only have passed the interview that is no guarantee

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ber25

Anyone know how many people were in batch 3.2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sickofthis

Just looked up the salary scale for the EO... I would start off on €1000 more than I'm on after 4 years as a CO. Not going to plan any shopping sprees just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Just looked up the salary scale for the EO... I would start off on €1000 more than I'm on after 4 years as a CO. Not going to plan any shopping sprees just yet.

Aye, the step up from CO isn't very much if you've been a CO for a bit. Nice to have a bit more head room on the scale though :)

Some departments move you up one scale if your on the CO Scale,

Anyone get there department yet...? Start date

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sickofthis

Anyone hear anything from the recent interview re which department they will be assigned to?

• Advertisement

No nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Ravanelli

We'll be waiting a while I suspect. Could be a tight one. I'll be devastated if the panel expires before I'm placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CSG104

Email from PAS this week, 12 left on previous batch to be placed before they move onto 4.3. Panel due to expire end of September but subject to change

Interesting..i asked them before I interviewed if there were many candidates still waiting to be placed.and they said All candidates who have already been successful have been placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CSG104

Gracie21 wrote: »
    Interesting..i asked them before I interviewed if there were many candidates still waiting to be placed.and they said All candidates who have already been successful have been placed.

Very hard to know what to believe so! Does anyone know if they are still interviewing? Surely that's a good sign if they are.

Has anyone who received an email last week to declare an interest in attending an interview received a date?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 EmmaMol

Has anyone who received an email last week to declare an interest in attending an interview received a date?

Yeah I literally just received an email there, my interview is next week through zoom

EmmaMol wrote: »
    Yeah I literally just received an email there, my interview is next week through zoom
    Same, good luck.
    Has anyone who passed the interview got tips for the civil service values competency question e.g what exactly are they looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Literally first Google result for EO competencies. Read it and make sure you can tick each of the performance indicators for each of your competency examples and can explain them clearly. Not rocket science like.

https://www.publicjobs.ie/documents/Executive_Officer_Competencies.pdf

Would you say completing a relevant college course would satisfy the expert knowledge and self development competency?

• Advertisement

Would you say completing a relevant college course would satisfy the expert knowledge and self development competency?

Along with a commitment to continue education, etc. Expert knowledge is a tougher one as you don't know where you'll end up.

Was anyone who interview for this panel asked for more than one example of the same competency?

Was anyone who interview for this panel asked for more than one example of the same competency?

The way they might ask a question might lead to you needing more than one example, as it may overlap with something asked previously. It's not just tell me about a time you did X competency, they do have some questions that are more probing. IIRC I was asked "Tell me about a time you had to make a decision without all the information available".

Is the commitment to civil service values not a competency they ask you for?

Is the commitment to civil service values not a competency they ask you for?

They will likely ask about that and something about self development / development of expert knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MozMael

Have an interview this week.
    Hoping it won’t be a disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

People with interviews this week did you get confirmation when you sent on in a copy of your ID? Just realised mine went in a little late.....

cw67irl wrote: »
    People with interviews this week did you get confirmation when you sent on in a copy of your ID? Just realised mine went in a little late.....
    I got the standard acknowledgement of my email.

If you were to pass the interviews this week, what do you think are the chances of being placed before the expiration date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Redadele

I had my interview today via zoom. I am posting to see if anyone was given an idea on how long before getting news of results?

Advertisement