Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer in the Civil Service 2018 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 EmmaMol

Had my interview today, dont think it went all too great tbh but it's done now.

Does anyone have an idea of how long it usually takes to find out if you passed or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sixofone

I had my interview too this morning. Found it quite tough. I'd say the results will be out fairly quickly given the sudden speed of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Redadele wrote: »
    I had my interview today via zoom. I am posting to see if anyone was given an idea on how long before getting news of results?

Said coming weeks

I found it very though, really struggling for answers. Bit depressed after that.

redmgar wrote: »
    I found it very though, really struggling for answers. Bit depressed after that.

Sorry to hear that, I think most of us are feeling the same, very tough going indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

Sounds like you had a tough panel, doesn't always mean they'll be tough on you with the scoring you've probably done better than you think. Were they throwing questions at you that you weren't prepared for? Interrupting a lot?

Sounds like you had a tough panel, doesn't always mean they'll be tough on you with the scoring you've probably done better than you think. Were they throwing questions at you that you weren't prepared for? Interrupting a lot?

Do you know if many fail?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sixofone

Lots of interruptions. I didn't seem to be answering questions properly. Closing questions off before I had fully answered. Just felt a bit rushed and disjointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Sixofone wrote: »
    Lots of interruptions. I didn't seem to be answering questions properly. Closing questions off before I had fully answered. Just felt a bit rushed and disjointed.

That's fairly normal - I wouldn't over analyse it. You probably gave them the answer they wanted so they cut you off and moved on.

Sixofone wrote: »

Exactly the same, it threw me off as I hadnt finished half of the competencies I had prepared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Redadele

Did you ask how long? I didn't as I forgot, and I did not remember them mentioning it

Did you ask how long? I didn't as I forgot, and I did not remember them mentioning it
    He said next few weeks, I would guess its tomorrow as the panel is due to expire soon.

redmgar wrote: »
    He said next few weeks, I would guess its tomorrow as the panel is due to expire soon.

Me Nerves

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rickyfus

Did anyone have issues connecting to the zoom interview today ? Was sat in the waiting room and never called and then session expired !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Interviews running next week aswell

cw67irl wrote: »
    Interviews running next week aswell
    Ok , unlikely to be results tomorrow so.

Rickyfus wrote: »
    Did anyone have issues connecting to the zoom interview today ? Was sat in the waiting room and never called and then session expired !!

Oh no that must have been frustrating, did it get going in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rickyfus

Didn't get connected at all.. only help available was via email but was too late.. will have to wait and see tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sickofthis

CSG104 wrote: »
    Email from PAS this week, 12 left on previous batch to be placed before they move onto 4.3. Panel due to expire end of September but subject to change

I got an email in wed they had reached my number in batch 4.3 and are commencing health and garda vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sickofthis

I had my interview today via zoom. I am posting to see if anyone was given an idea on how long before getting news of results?

I did the interview 2 weeks ago on a fri and got the results on the tuesday eve.

• Advertisement

sickofthis wrote: »
    I did the interview 2 weeks ago on a fri and got the results on the tuesday eve.

So they must be processing people as they go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Generally you just sign a declaration to say you're fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gracie21

Well done congrats �� what's the health screening?

God that's quick, a few from early this week then could hear as soon as tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Raje94

Has anyone been assigned recently? All my documents are in three weeks or so and haven't heard anything...should I be worried .. they said I'm in final stages and should hear in due course

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Bazman33

Raje94 wrote: »
    Has anyone been assigned recently? All my documents are in three weeks or so and haven't heard anything...should I be worried .. they said I'm in final stages and should hear in due course

I submitted my Documents and was told my department in three days, still waiting to find out what section I’m going to...!

Bazman33 wrote: »
    I submitted my Documents and was told my department in three days, still waiting to find out what section I’m going to...!
    What department did up get?.

Gracie21 wrote: »
    What department did up get?.

I’m working as a CO In justice staying as an EO but not section yet...!

Bazman33 wrote: »
    I’m working as a CO In justice staying as an EO but not section yet...!
    Oh Great! Hope you are happy to be staying.
    I've a feeling the majority of jobs at the mo would be in the DEASP

• Advertisement

Gracie21 wrote: »
    Oh Great! Hope you are happy to be staying.
    I've a feeling the majority of jobs at the mo would be in the DEASP

Happy staying in Justice be nice to know where, I worked in DEASP as a TCO glad not to be going back there....

Advertisement