Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer in the Civil Service 2018 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Sartre

I will be working in some other section of the Department, although it has not happened yet. They've starting paying me my new salary after my appointment. There's plenty to do where I am.

When were you called off panel?

PAS told me during week there's only 15 people ahead of me. Hopefully I'll hear soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jujubeans

Does anyone know how long from when you start until you get your first pay?
    I start on Monday and I'm not sure if I have to work a back week/fortnight etc.

Sartre wrote: »
    Jujubeans, roughly what number were you post-interview?

Has anyone else been assigned recently or gotten any indication where the panel is?

Low teens

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭FenFlynn

Jujubeans wrote: »

Hi can I ask how long after clearance did you hear from your department? I've just finished clearance, waiting for HR from whichever department I'm assigned to contact me, but not sure how long that's going to take
    I have to give 4 weeks notice for my current job as we.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Sartre wrote: »
    When were you called off panel?

PAS told me during week there's only 15 people ahead of me. Hopefully I'll hear soon.

Yes, off the open panel. I'm three years. I thought I was eligible for inter-departmental, but wasn't. It was little short of a two year process. You should hear soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Yogagirl34

This week is pay day so you will probably get paid on 11th June..

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Bazman33

Anybody hear anything this week about appointment.! I checked last week 50 odd people ahead of me seeing if this has gone down yet...

FenFlynn wrote: »
    Hi can I ask how long after clearance did you hear from your department? I've just finished clearance, waiting for HR from whichever department I'm assigned to contact me, but not sure how long that's going to take
    I have to give 4 weeks notice for my current job as we.
    I found out my department the day after my clearance finished and found out my start date approx. 2 weeks later

I found out my department the day after my clearance finished and found out my start date approx. 2 weeks later

Was this a resent deployment what was your OOM number

I got assigned department of agriculture, did anyone else move there recently? What is it like to work in the department?

• Advertisement

I got assigned department of agriculture, did anyone else move there recently? What is it like to work in the department?

Do you mind telling me your OOM number doesn’t have to be exact just a guide to see how the competition is moving...!

In regards to the Department of of agriculture, it all depends where your going to be based there has been lots of movement because of Brexit...! They have a big section down the port..

Bazman33 wrote: »
    Do you mind telling me your OOM number doesn’t have to be exact just a guide to see how the competition is moving...!

In regards to the Department of of agriculture, it all depends where your going to be based there has been lots of movement because of Brexit...! They have a big section down the port..

I think mine is around 50. I believe it's going to be the head office on Kildare Street I'll be going but not 100% sure. Waiting for HR to contact me.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sickofthis

Hi, looking for advice. I received an email in july 2019 from Pas regarding my online assessment for the 2018 EO comp. I did very well and my OOM in the 20s. I still havent been called for an interview and was told by Pas a few months ago the panel expires in sept 2020. Anyone in a similar position? Is there anyone being interviewed at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭myNewName

sickofthis wrote: »
    Hi, looking for advice. I received an email in july 2019 from Pas regarding my online assessment for the 2018 EO comp. I did very well and my OOM in the 20s. I still havent been called for an interview and was told by Pas a few months ago the panel expires in sept 2020. Anyone in a similar position? Is there anyone being interviewed at the moment?

I did my online assessment in Jan 2019, had my interview in Feb 2020! I got an email with an offer on Monday. It’s a slow process!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 EmmaMol

Will they extend the panel do yous think given current circumstances?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

EmmaMol wrote: »
    Will they extend the panel do yous think given current circumstances?
    I doubt it to be honest.

Does anyone know once you’ve sent in the requested info for clearance is that seen as you’ve accepted the position?
    They have requested some info for clearance but I’d like to know where the position will be located. If I pass clearance and it’s in an inconvenient location, can I still turn it down?

myNewName wrote: »
    Does anyone know once you’ve sent in the requested info for clearance is that seen as you’ve accepted the position?
    They have requested some info for clearance but I’d like to know where the position will be located. If I pass clearance and it’s in an inconvenient location, can I still turn it down?

Yes, of course. If you are giving a department, HR from that department would contact you for a start date, you could either accept or turn it down. There is no obligation to take the job if it location doesn't suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 gerbear69

Any people who were asked to show an EOI for the Department of Education , based in the Liberty Building in Blanchardstown heard anything yet?

I am OOM 100, I sent in an EOI in April expecting to hear something by now....

Yes, of course. If you are giving a department, HR from that department would contact you for a start date, you could either accept or turn it down. There is no obligation to take the job if it location doesn't suit.

Has anyone got a call this week for assignment...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 DUB924

I did the in house aptitude test late feb and was placed on the interdepartmental stream just before all this for interview. Has anyone heard if they are still going through with these? Or anyone who has heard since all this had previously done interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Sartre

I thought panel would have picked up with country coming out of lockdown but instead it seems to have ground to a halt. Despite being pretty high up on it at this stage, I am starting to doubt that I will be called before it expires in August.

Has anyone successfully been put back into the selection pool after receiving an offer with a really inconvenient location, or is it a case of if you don’t take this offer then you’re out?

Looking for the advice re practising the numerical part of the EO online assessment? I did well in the last external one but have an internal one this week and any online samples have seemed really difficult.. anyone know the best practise ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Blindalley

sickofthis wrote: »
    Looking for the advice re practising the numerical part of the EO online assessment? I did well in the last external one but have an interdepartmental one this week and any online samples have seemed really difficult.. anyone know the best practise ones?

I thought the same test was for both competitions. Open and interdepartmental? Did you do it in PAS last year?

What I did was google psychometric and numerical tests and just keep practicing. You need to be in that frame of mind just before you do the tests to perform at your best. Good luck.

Do u think u will be interviewed and placed before panel expires?

Blindalley wrote: »
    I thought the same test was for both competitions. Open and interdepartmental? Did you do it in PAS last year?

What I did was google psychometric and numerical tests and just keep practicing. You need to be in that frame of mind just before you do the tests to perform at your best. Good luck.

Do u think u will be interviewed and placed before panel expires?

Sorry I meant internal not interdepartmental.. I'm not holding out much hope for being called for interview for the 2018 competition at this stage tbh.. going to doing my online assessment today so thanks!

Has anyone got a call recently.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Raje94

Started clearance late June!

Raje94 wrote: »
    Started clearance late June!

Can you tell me what your OOM number from interview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Sophia Petrillo

Went through clearance in June, and assigned to Justice. Starting in early August.

Advertisement