Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer in the Civil Service 2018 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

If you're in AGS, having a Super or a Chief wanting to keep you will help a lot, but definitely touch base with the Civilians first.

Edit only reason I mention it is not having local HR is something that seems to happen in AGS to a degree.

No im in DOJ based in the Airport...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Redadele

Hi..... Does anyone have any idea when they will start the process of assigning posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

The panel expires when the first panel of the new campaign is formed.
    It'll be tight for those of us over 30th in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 EmmaMol

redmgar wrote: »
    The panel expires when the first panel of the new campaign is formed.
    It'll be tight for those of us over 30th in line.

I'd say we've got about a month/6 weeks maybe.
    Hopefully the take us up in batches.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MozMael

Hope it won’t take long for these to start moving. Wonder how many interviews they did

• Advertisement

I have had the email that they reached my place. Im in pre clearance (heard Friday)
    Sent everything off straight away. Will let you know when i hear again

Redadele wrote: »
    I have had the email that they reached my place. Im in pre clearance (heard Friday)

oh that's great to hear ! well done

MozMael wrote: »
    oh that's great to hear ! well done

Thanks. I was oom 4. So will keep yous updated when i hear

What exactly is needed to be sent in?
    Just so I can make sure I have everything on hand just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sixofone

I think the documentation required varies slightly depending on what you have in your application form, but generally it's proof of qualifications, contact details for your references, ID (x2) and forms to be filled in.

Can anyone who has been through the process tell me what happens when you have gone through clearance and have an offer? Ie exchange of contracts? Written acceptance? And typically how much notice do you get before you have to start?

• Advertisement

EmmaMol wrote: »
    What exactly is needed to be sent in?
    Just so I can make sure I have everything on hand just in case.

They asked for proof of ID, you get a health form to fill in and a Garda vetting, as I am in the civil service and had filled one in previously I didn't have to do it.
    Also any copies of educational certs etc

Sixofone wrote: »
    I think the documentation required varies slightly depending on what you have in your application form, but generally it's proof of qualifications, contact details for your references, ID (x2) and forms to be filled in.

Can anyone who has been through the process tell me what happens when you have gone through clearance and have an offer? Ie exchange of contracts? Written acceptance? And typically how much notice do you get before you have to start?

I am in pre-clearance. I will post when things start moving

They asked for proof of ID, you get a health form to fill in and a Garda vetting, as I am in the civil service and had filled one in previously I didn't have to do it.
    Also any copies of educational certs etc

I actually got an email yesterday saying they reached my place so I sent it all off this morning.

Though I'm a serving civil servant aswell I sent in the garda vetting form.

I actually got an email yesterday saying they reached my place so I sent it all off this morning.

Though I'm a serving civil servant aswell I sent in the garda vetting form.

What place were you on Order of Merit?

What place were you on Order of Merit?

I was number 33, so they're obviously taking up loads atm

I was number 33, so they're obviously taking up loads atm

All depends on LHR now to give a release date. Hopefully soon :)

I placed in the high teens but I haven’t been contacted yet

Maybe give them a call?

Maybe give them a call?

Yeah , might give it until the end of the week. My office wants me to stay on where I am, so hoping that helps !

Yeah , might give it until the end of the week. My office wants me to stay on where I am, so hoping that helps !

My AP is trying to get me placed where I was, however, I have heard there are no EO vacancies... So will have to wait and see what happens

• Advertisement

My AP is trying to get me placed where I was, however, I have heard there are no EO vacancies... So will have to wait and see what happens

They must be reading... just got an email. Hopefully the both of us will get to stay where we are. There’s been enough change in our lives already the last few months!

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Any idea if a Level 7 (Special purpose award) would suffice for the qualification for open stream?

So yesterday i sent copies of my educational certs. I heard back within 2 hours of assignment to the DEASP. No date or dept yet waiting for that

So yesterday i sent copies of my educational certs. I heard back within 2 hours of assignment to the DEASP. No date or dept yet waiting for that

Yeah they're taking on loads atm. Are you happy about it?

No luck with staying in your department ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gracie21

Me too for the DEASP . It was where I thought as I heard they were taking on loads. No EO vacancies in my current department.
    I'm.sure it'll be grand ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Gracie21 wrote: »
    Me too for the DEASP . It was where I thought as I heard they were taking on loads. No EO vacancies in my current department.
    I'm.sure it'll be grand ��

Do you mind me asking your current department ? Feel free to PM if you dont want to post publicly

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DCG27

cw67irl wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking your current department ? Feel free to PM if you dont want to post publicly

If it is DEASP will they try to send you to a DEASP office close to where you live or could someone living in north Dublin be sent to an office on the southside? You could obviously be in the main department also.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gracie21

What batch?

• Advertisement

Gracie21 wrote: »
    What batch?

think the same as everyone else who did interviews in September? they ended up contacting my shortly after that post!

I should be hearing this week if i'm going to stay in my current department. i really hope so as i love the work i'm doing now

Advertisement