Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slut shaming men is fine but don't dare do it to a woman.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭anewme

You ever see a hen night ? Horrific.

I gave up on Hen Parties after one I went to in Galway was just a bridge too far.

Women dressed up in mini-police hats talking crap.

The guys on Saturday were bad though. All nearing 50 and thought they still had it. They hadn't.

One or two were a bit pushy too. Absolutely vile language.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

You ever see a hen night ? Horrific.

Should every statement about a specific group of men come with #notallmen and #womentoo so some sensitive soul on internet won't get offended.

Lots of people seemingly trying to societally enforce monogamy round these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

meeeeh wrote: »
    Should every statement about a specific group of men come with #notallmen and #womentoo so some sensitive soul on internet won't get offended.

Or we could just not be such judgmental prudes, just a thought. People cheat for a million different reasons.

Do you think a woman cheating is a scumbag or some other word you'd rather use? Do you think calling her an ugly this, or an ugly that (based on her pics) is fair game too?

Lots of people seemingly trying to societally enforce monogamy round these parts.

Now we can't even laugh at sheer stupidity of thinking that taking picture of Moses basket is good way to get laid. It's just about the biggest turn off around short of co sleeping with tge child.

• Advertisement

givyjoe wrote: »
    Or we could just not be such judgmental prudes, just a thought. People cheat for a million different reasons.

Do you think a woman cheating is a scumbag or some other word you'd rather use? Do you think calling her an ugly this, or an ugly that (based on her pics) is fair game too?

And those other people with million of reasons are not singled out. The genius with Moses basket is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

It was a nasty thing to do, to try set up a cheat. I'd hate if it was my husband. But infidelity happens. It's really mean, but it's not a hanging offense. I can imagine the schadenfreude of those thrilled to be sharing the pic online along with their false moral outrage - silly occupation. Maybe next they can form some kind of band of lady detectives who film with their smartphones through local bedroom windows between the school runs. And then... to be displayed in a national newspaper?? It seems incredibly silly all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I disagree. I have no problem with swinging, wife swapping etc.

What I have a problem with is someone lying & cheating. You'd throw a wobbler if you found a mate cheating at poker or a mate lying and knowingly selling you a lemon of a car ripping you off for a few thousand euro? That's a scumbag. It doesn't have to be about sex & it doesn't have to be a man. A liar & a cheater is scum male or female.

meeeeh wrote: »
    And those other people with million of reasons are not singled out. The genius with Moses basket is.

Sorry, because he's supposedly stupid (and has a moses basket in the pic :confused:), THAT'S what makes him a scumbag?!

Sorry, because he's supposedly stupid (and has a moses basket in the pic :confused:), THAT'S what makes him a scumbag?!

No that's what makes this entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

What's a Moses basket

What's a Moses basket

It's what Moses the prophet sleeps in. People keep him as a pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

What's a Moses basket

A passion killer

What's a Moses basket

A basket bed for couple of weeks/months old babies. Anyone who had it in their bedroom will tell you it's just about the biggest turn off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

What's a Moses basket

My mammy dropped me out of my moses basket when I was six weeks old, right on my head on to the concrete outside our house. I think it explains a lot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Jesus it's definitely August anyway.

FWIW a married mother of an infant trawling for cock on Tinder while daddy was away with the baby would get ripped to shreds, it's mind bogglingly stupid to think otherwise.

Strikes me as someone going through the post-baby dry spell, having a few drinks too many at home alone and making a stupid drunk horny decision.

It's not the worst thing anyone's done, but it's bad. To the very limited extent that I give a shít, I think it's very poor form, and he's a dope.

He looks grand for 42 though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Hmmmm, checking it out again to see if he looks as bad as all of us over 40 are supposed to look ;) I reckon it's a kid's toy, like a bed for dolls. Anyways I had whatever the children slept in at the time - drawer, cot, basket - lingering in the bedroom for years after they had learned to climb out of it. Grand place to throw the socks.

FWIW a married mother of an infant trawling for cock on Tinder while daddy was away with the baby would get ripped to shreds, it's mind bogglingly stupid to think otherwise.

Strikes me as someone going through the post-baby dry spell, having a few drinks too many at home alone and making a stupid drunk horny decision.

It's not the worst thing anyone's done, but it's bad. To the very limited extent that I give a shít, I think it's very poor form, and he's a dope.

All of that, plus whoever put it on Twitter needs to have a word with themselves too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Meh these stories are just easy to sell and get clicks

consider todays one

WEDDED DISS Jilted fiance sells his cheating bride-to-be’s £2,600 wedding dress for £650 online to splurge on beer, hookers and a day at the races

The Ireland-based seller reveals it belongs to his fiancee who dumped him for a new lover in London

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6916081/jilted-fiance-sells-his-cheating-bride-to-bes-2600-wedding-dress-for-650-online-to-splurge-on-beer-hookers-and-a-day-at-the-races/

That's written about a man who was jilted by a male author

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

as it was intinded.

intindered

• Advertisement

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Meh these stories are just easy to sell and get clicks

consider todays one

WEDDED DISS Jilted fiance sells his cheating bride-to-be’s £2,600 wedding dress for £650 online to splurge on beer, hookers and a day at the races

The Ireland-based seller reveals it belongs to his fiancee who dumped him for a new lover in London

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6916081/jilted-fiance-sells-his-cheating-bride-to-bes-2600-wedding-dress-for-650-online-to-splurge-on-beer-hookers-and-a-day-at-the-races/

That's written about a man who was jilted by a male author

If anyone really needs to see the double standards applied to men, just look at the comments from the women on the related twitter feed. Only seem to be concerned with the 'way he speaks about women' and probably had it coming as a result. He calls her a liar and a thief (not sure what the thief bit is about myself)

Who was it that said women doing the same would be torn apart for doing the same thing :rolleyes:?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

He only looks grand because he's a naturally skinny little weed, see your man, the infamous Mark Hennessy for someone with a similar build. Believe me this guys bodyfat would astonish you. His chest and noodle arm are disgusting.

Is he a cheating douche?? yes!

Would any mainstream media outlet worth their salt actually bother with this ??? Absolutely not

A very slow news day at the Cringedopendent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

If anyone really needs to see the double standards applied to men, just look at the comments from the women on the related twitter feed. Only seem to be concerned with the 'way he speaks about women' and probably had it coming as a result. He calls her a liar and a thief (not sure what the thief bit is about myself)

Who was it that said women doing the same would be torn apart for doing the same thing :rolleyes:?

lol at all the ones agreeing with her post. God help any young man growing up in this day and age, the future is rightly ****ed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

It is obvious to me why a promiscuous woman is a slut whereas a man is a legend.

It has to do with the cost of it. A woman can get pregnant. It is built in instinct that we look unfavourably on women who don’t appreciate that cost. They should be choosy from a evolutionary sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

It is obvious to me why a promiscuous woman is a slut whereas a man is a legend.

It has to do with the cost of it. A woman can get pregnant. It is built in instinct that we look unfavourably on women who don’t appreciate that cost. They should be choosy from a evolutionary sense.
    yeah but then some cis white man invented the contraceptive pill thereby undoing millions of years of evolutionary biology.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Maybe the moses basket is where he rests his humongous penis at night. All snuggled up on a penis pillow with a matching blanket.

Maybe he's not a father at all.

I disagree that he looks grand for 42.

Skinny fat as another person said.

The picture does not sell him. That was my first thought too, that he was no bargain, with or without the basket.

42 is not old, I’m In a gym and lots of the guys ten years -15 years older than that are in great shape Physically and they would not be gym addicts but look after themselves s a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Why is it all the women who are saying he looks grand and the men are saying he's disgusting?

• Advertisement

somefeen wrote: »
    Why is it all the women who are saying he looks grand and the men are saying he's disgusting?

I'm a woman, I said above he's not fit.

Advertisement