Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slut shaming men is fine but don't dare do it to a woman.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Some guy called Moses leaves his basket behind and this guy cops shît for it. That doesn't seem fair to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,948 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

So this story popped up online last night and it's in the Indo today. A guy wants a bit on the side gets on tinder.

It's not really slut shaming. There are many male & female sluts (I only use this word because it's in the title) on Tinder and no one shames them. It's shaming a scumbag who (it appears) wants to cheat on his wife /gf and he has a small baby. It's being shared because this is the lowest of low. It's very low by tinder standards.

I don't believe it to be slut shaming. I hope he gets caught

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Moses was haunting him

''Thou shalt not commit adultery''

Moses brings the tablets down from the mountains, and this guy uses tablet to break one of the ten commandments , ironic

I just know how he takes his tea, Hebrews it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Its nobody elses business is it? He has committed no crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It's not really slut shaming. There are many male & female sluts (I only use this word because it's in the title) on Tinder and no one shames them. It's shaming a scumbag who (it appears) wants to cheat on his wife /gf and he has a small baby. It's being shared because this is the lowest of low. It's very low by tinder standards.

I bet your a woman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

He's a scumbag now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Sometimes people share things online - a bit ****ty but that's life. What is disgraceful though is a national newspaper printing it.

For the record, I reckon those girls would shame a women too in similar circumstances.

He's a scumbag now?

A lot of people would consider this scumbag behaviour - genders reversed included!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

He's lost the trust of his sheep. That's punishment enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

GingerLily wrote: »
    A lot of people would consider this scumbag behaviour - genders reversed included!

I wouldn't judge anyone a scumbags based on a picture like that. A lot of unknowns about his life set up, but a lot of judgements being passed down regardless. I'm not even concerned with the genders reversed argument, not here anyway.

• Advertisement

Its infedility. Cheating. Sluting. Bad form. But a scumbag?

He hasnt touched a kid or raped someone.

Clarity.

Its infedility. Cheating. Sluting. Bad form. But a scumbag?

He hasnt touched a kid or raped someone.

Clarity.

Definition - a contemptible or objectionable person - yes he fits the that description

Definition - a contemptible or objectionable person - yes he fits the that description

In your view.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,948 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I bet your a woman

Nope. I just think it's one of the scummiest things you can do. A guy that cheats on his wife is not trustworthy at all imo. I've had many married friends with on the side gf.

If a guy stands up in front of maybe 100 of his closest friends and family & swears to be faithful to his wife & doesn't how can I expect him to be honest with me as a friend.

If your marriage is over, leave her. Staying with her and looking for a one night stand is a scumbag thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Who says he has a small baby ??
    That's a massive presumption just because people have seen a Moses basket in the photo.
    In my experience Moses baskets serve more time as clothes horses than baby holders !! :D

In your view.

Yes - he fits the dictionary definition in my opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Its not the fact that he is married that is really bothering people. Such is the extent of the taboo that he has broken, that people are focusing on the infidelity, rather than the real source of what they find off putting about his action. Which they are loath to acknowledge - he has an infant baby!:eek: And is cheating.
    Which is the cause of the uproar. A man is expected to be faithful at least for the first couple of years of his childs life. Society expects. After that, sure, all the better, and fair play to him, if he can get a bit of away game action. But up to that. It goes against an innate expectation that a man should ensure the child becomes viable, and that he is dedicated to that for a while at least.

Yes - he fits the dictionary definition in my opinion!

Ok. Would you put him in the same boat as Larry Murphy or Fred West?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

He has committed no crime.

But bad mistakes, he's made a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,110 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The intent is there from the lad, which is deplorable.

But....considering he made it clear on the tinder profile that he was married, then surely a potential woman is equally as culpable?

It takes two to tango after all. Or is only men that can be cheaters/marriage ruiners?

• Advertisement

But bad mistakes, he's made a few.

Ah man. I loved Wham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Any woman pulling this crap would be torn to shreds by court of public opinion, just like he has been.

This has nothing to do with gender, and everything to do with the fact that we consider marital infidelity to be a bad thing.

Ok. Would you put him in the same boat as Larry Murphy or Fred West?

No? Why would I?

Title really has no reflection on the thread

No? Why would I?

I wouldn't consider his behaviour as scumbaggery as larry murphy or fred west who are scumbags. You have defined this mans behaviour a scumbag in your opiinion so he must be a scumbag.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Title really has no reflection on the thread

Click bait thread title!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

If there is a thing that's a lot worse than what he did it is what the person did trying to 'out' him. What a petty small minded busy body they must be.

As for the Indo it seems how low can you go these days.

I wouldn't consider his behaviour as scumbaggery as larry murphy or fred west who are scumbags. You have defined this mans behaviour a scumbag in your opiinion so he must be a scumbag.

Oh dear - not all scumbags are rapists and child killers, its not a one to one relationship. Did you believe all scumbags were child killers/murders ? That's a bit mad.

Oh dear - not all scumbags are rapists and child killers, its not a one to one relationship. Did you believe all scumbags were child killers/murders ? That's a bit mad.

No but i dont believe an adulterer is a scumbag either though.

• Advertisement

If there is a thing that's a lot worse than what he did it is what the person did trying to 'out' him. What a petty small minded busy body they must be.

As for the Indo it seems how low can you go these days.

The indo is a glorified red top.

Advertisement