Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slut shaming men is fine but don't dare do it to a woman.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

wonski wrote: »
    We know nothing. We don't know if this guy has a kid, we don't know if he has a wife...
    We don't even know if he has a head, but if he does it is empty regardless.

All you can see is a picture of headless man, with a description.

You need to do your due diligence before jumping to some conclusions. What if they are in either broken or open relationship wis his wife?

I use tinder and don't give a single f*** about this man. How does he ruin it for yourself with a headless shot???

Well he does say he is married..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Well he does say he is married..

And? Does it mean he actually is?

Does it mean you can take a screenshot and send it to twitter?

Ever been on tinder? Some of them post pictures with kids, ex boyfriends and parents.

Some of them have pictures of butterflies as their profile pictures, are they really butterflies?

I think you missed my point completely...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I use tinder and don't give a single f*** about this man. How does he ruin it for yourself with a headless shot???

Because it's arseh**es like this guy that turns women away from online dating, getting msgs from guys like this gives the impression that most guys online are messers or only after 1 thing. It makes women lose enthusiasm for replying to the decent guys. I'm very confident the profile was written by a man trying to cheat on his partner and its likely he used his facebook account for setup. He says he's married and wants to cheat = scumbag

If you want to yes, as long as the person is not easy to identify I don't see any reason why not

Greyfox wrote: »
    Because it's arseh**es like this guy that turns women away from online dating, getting msgs from guys like this gives the impression that most guys online are messers or only after 1 thing. It makes women lose enthusiasm for replying to the decent guys. I'm very confident the profile was written by a man trying to cheat on his partner and its likely he used his facebook account for setup. He says he's married and wants to cheat = scumbag

Never got a message until you actually liked someone's profile. Why would you liked profile like that? None of your business it seems.

Confident, likely... Circumstantial evidence :)

• Advertisement

If you want to yes, as long as the person is not easy to identify I don't see any reason why not

I disagree. What do you mean by not easy to identify? Someone's online profile can be easily identified or not. Just because it is not easily identified by yourself doesn't mean it is OK.

Why would you do it anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

- Luckily I don't need to be on tinder - so some social media aspects of dating are beyond my comprehension.

This guy does seem naive, had a laugh at this "share a bottle of wine, beer and more..." - I am like,
    ... would more include the wife on later dates ?!?
    ... or what if he got assigned/punished to do this by his Mistress - that would explain it better to me :)

Now, in real life, I think we've all seen the one with a guy not having enough of it in the period these moses baskets are needed. Some act on it, some don't, but its a reality many couples face. How they go at addressing the issue is none or our concern, it is a very private matter.
    So the one thing I have more of a problem with is this mob on social media - I think those b***hes need to get a life !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The Independent is such a fcuking rag of a paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭valoren

He's in better shape than the world's most eligible bachelor was recently enough.... :p

article-2698680-1FD070D600000578-434_306x540.jpg

In fairness, he is currently filming a Tarantino movie about the Manson family murders. He has presumably 'bulked up' for his role which is common enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

A comment from a (single) friend of mine:

"If you have a snapchat photo with that shítty doe eye filter and soft lighting as your picture on Tinder, you should have your account deleted".

That's the real issue apparently.
    He has a point though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

They're adults. Adults sometimes cheat on each other.
    Some married people will hop up on a gust of wind.

Not my problem. Don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,172 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

meeeeh wrote: »
    In fairness I don't think how his body looks like is the problem here. It's the missing bit between the ears...

There should be a dating version of Darwin awards.

In fairness there is.

It's called Love Island

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    The guy in the photo is the nasty, shallow loser when you really think about it.

Wow, your posts show such anger toward him, did a man cheat on you ?

did he find another woman more attractive ??

I don't understand the outrage. Some lad decides to cheat on his wife and sets up a Tinder profile. This happens all the time and is nobody's business but those immediately affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I don't understand the outrage. Some lad decides to cheat on his wife and sets up a Tinder profile. This happens all the time and is nobody's business but those immediately affected.

Maybe its the summer and theres a shortage of outrage to go around?

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

In fairness, there is a moses basket, which means kid is under 12 weeks, doubt any mother would leave a kid under 12 weeks for enough time for him to get his bit.

This is a PR stunt by Tinder

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Ever been on tinder? Some of them post pictures with kids, ex boyfriends and parents.

Some of them have pictures of butterflies as their profile pictures, are they really butterflies?

Well if he's not there's no problem is there?

When did being a cheating dirtbag become so acceptable? Considering the op and title I have all feeling you'd see all lot more bile being posted here if the genders were reversed

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

TomSweeney wrote:
    Wow, your posts show such anger toward him, did a man cheat on you ?

It was my gay lover
    TomSweeney wrote:
    did he find another woman more attractive ??

He went off with a married woman. A great grandmother no less. Terrible times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

The lengths some sleep-deprived dads go to, to trick a bit of strange into babysitting your kid.

Come over for some fun...
    This is Mary...
    This is her bottle...
    Wake me up in a few hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Honestly the only thing to take away from this whole pile of nonsense is just how much of a tabloid rag the Independent is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I didn't read tweets so I don't know how much outrage there is around this. I just find it funny.

I disagree. What do you mean by not easy to identify? Someone's online profile can be easily identified or not. Just because it is not easily identified by yourself doesn't mean it is OK.

Why would you do it anyway?

Why not, what's wrong with telling people about scumbag behaviour and some people find it amusing, it might even lead to his partner finding out how much of a clown he is. In some cases the person posting on social media should try to cover things like the person's name etc

Honestly the only thing to take away from this whole pile of nonsense is just how much of a tabloid rag the Independent is.

It's definitely a rag but all the other papers are also rags or not worth buying so the problem is more with print journalism been rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I was out on Saturday night and at the next table was a bunch of married guys ( mid late 40's)on an Annual lads night out.

They started off ok, but as the night went on and the drink flowed, their behavior got worse.

A few were just there having a laugh and a few pints and knew where to draw the line, but some of them, their language and behaviour was horrendous.

I just thought, imagine being married to you!

meeeeh wrote: »
    I didn't read tweets so I don't know how much outrage there is around this. I just find it funny.

It is funny and a bit mad. Lots of people with too much time on their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's definitely a rag but all the other papers are also rags or not worth buying so the problem is more with print journalism been rubbish

Not so sure I agree. The Irish Times and Times Ireland Edition are both good, while the Guardian does some very good investigative journalism too, plus their sports coverage is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

anewme wrote: »
    ...as the night went on and the drink flowed, their behavior got worse.... their language and behaviour was horrendous.

Proves how attractive married men are that you had started imagining being married to them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭anewme

minikin wrote: »
    Proves the point of how attractive married men are that you had started imagining being married to them :)

I was more thinking of how I'd feel if my husband was asking lots of random women if they if they like a man with a big mickey.:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

anewme wrote: »
    I was out on Saturday night and at the next table was a bunch of married guys ( mid late 40's)on an Annual lads night out.

They started off ok, but as the night went on and the drink flowed, their behavior got worse.

A few were just there having a laugh and a few pints and knew where to draw the line, but some of them, their language and behaviour was horrendous.

You ever see a hen night ? Horrific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Lol. the anger and outrage.

A guy put up a stupid photo online. It was screenshotted and went viral. That's all this is.

He put up a topless photo, with a moses basket in the background and said he was married. People said that guys a douchebag. That's all that's happened.

You're treating it like some sort of conspiracy theory and you're micro analysing everything. Just accept it for what it is and enjoy the puns on the first page.

Advertisement