Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you flash lights at other drivers to warn them of speed vans?

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Driving from Waterford to Dublin on the M9 this evening. Couple of observations:

Overtook two drivers, textbook stuff. Indicated, move right, then indicate back in. Left plenty of space. Back lights working. rear of car not on fire. Both morons decided to flash me (I’m in the inside lane travelling at 120kph). Accelerated then overtook me rather dramatically. What’s that all about?

Then came to the 60kph part at the Naas roadworks. Lol. Tailgaters all the way. I’m talking nearly in my rear boot. Loads of overly dramatic overtakes. Speeding. I’m guessing 100kph. Weaving in and out. Sudden braking.

These are to kind of fools we need to be punished for blatantly ignoring the speed limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,606 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Sure, divert away from the subject in hand when you can't provide an answer, how many if any of those deaths were caused by someone moving over to let a faster vehicle pass?

People have certainly been killed on the hard shoulder all right

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/woman-dies-after-collision-with-car-while-walking-on-hard-shoulder-with-child-848251.html

But my problem with this kind of thinking is the failure to grasp the level of uncertainty. You really have no idea what, when or how the person behind you is going to overtake. Therefore, you really have no idea how far ahead you need to check for cyclists, pedestrians or openings on the hard shoulder.

It's a gamble. And you'll probably get away with it, most of the time. Until the time comes that you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

oceanman wrote: »
    that's nice of you...

I'd be a bit of a bollocks if I didn't appreciate their efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

lertsnim wrote: »
    I don't bother but I do appreciate it when others do it for me.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭oceanman

lertsnim wrote: »
    I'd be a bit of a bollocks if I didn't appreciate their efforts.
    and you are an even bigger bollocks if don't return the compliment...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Allinall

I’m a bigger bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Allinall wrote:
    I’m a bigger bollox.

Everyone says so.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

If you're able to break the law without my help you're well able to face the consequences without it too.

Never have, never will.

I'd say you're a pillar of your community. White than white.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'm a massive bollocks so.

Advertisement