Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime (with 2-day priority shipping) now available in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

ArthurG wrote:
    Can't remember if it was mentioned in the thread, but you can extend Prime delivery benefits to your household. My OH added their account details to my account, and now they can benefit from Prime delivery off one subscription.

I did this last week and it reset my prime video to Ireland.

This was easy to resolve. I started a ticket with support and they reset me to prime video UK

That was the only down side but end result is myself and my wife both have prime shipping & prime video is back to UK

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Sneachta wrote: »
    Shane,
    Did you have to pay for the NUS card?
    Does it contain a photo?

I just checked that route and as far as I can see you need to pay £12 per year for the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Asus X540L wrote: »
    That fire TV stick I got still won't work. I just signed up and thought I could watch stuff on my TV stick. If it's not officially available in Ireland you're goosed.

Only thing to do is sideload it.

The full UK prime catalog is available in Ireland by using a smart DNS, no need for VPN. I use Getflix and got a lifetime sub for very little a few years ago. It works great, as long as you set your location to UK in content and devices. You just need to de-authorize an re-authorize the stick in settings and it'll pick up the new location.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Shaner125

Sneachta wrote: »
    Shane,
    Did you have to pay for the NUS card?
    Does it contain a photo?

I believe the card is £12/yr, and you have to upload a photo of yourself when you sign up, I just took a fairly poor quality selfie and used that with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Shaner125

cronos wrote: »
    How do you know which courses qualify for the NUS student card? Any similar method for getting an Irish student card?

I pretty much followed this: https://becleverwithyourcash.com/cash-hacks-great-trick-to-get-a-student-discount-card-even-when-youre-not-a-student/

I think any course offered by e-careers is recognised by NUS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Got my fire tv stick sorted anyway.

Live chat was no good but a simple auld email did the trick.

I've gone legit so now have both Netflix and prime video subs

Downloaded for years but felt guilty about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Guessing you can't just set your default postage address to UK and then use Prime Video on an Amazon box/Nvidia Shield?

SachaJ wrote:
    Guessing you can't just set your default postage address to UK and then use Prime Video on an Amazon box/Nvidia Shield?

You can. Read back on the thread.

When you sign up for prime & log into prime video for the first time it asks you what country. Answer UK. It's that simple. Well it's that simple till brexit. From march 2019 we might just get reduced Irish prime video but we can worry about that in march. There are work arounds even then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Shaner125 wrote: »
    I pretty much followed this: https://becleverwithyourcash.com/cash-hacks-great-trick-to-get-a-student-discount-card-even-when-youre-not-a-student/

I think any course offered by e-careers is recognised by NUS.

Thanks. Any Irish equivalent to this? Have you used the card for student deals in Ireland with success?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You can. Read back on the thread.

When you sign up for prime & log into prime video for the first time it asks you what country. Answer UK. It's that simple. Well it's that simple till brexit. From march 2019 we might just get reduced Irish prime video but we can worry about that in march. There are work arounds even then

Grand thanks. I have a VPN but prefer not use it on the Nvidia Shields as found it slowed down Netflix etc.

I'll try it later on my older Amazon box and the couple of Shields.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

any way to get good deals on Echo/Echo dot?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

lawred2 wrote: »
    any way to get good deals on Echo/Echo dot?

Wait till prime day (July 16th I think) they'll be discounted then

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Buttros wrote: »
    Wait till prime day (July 16th I think) they'll be discounted then

but I have to join prime beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

I have had prime for a while, use it generally to ship to ParcelMotel, and yesterday I tried its free shipping to Ireland. It is indeed free with Prime now and only 2 days delivery, which is pretty good, considering it was > 4 days before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Denisoftus wrote: »
    I have had prime for a while, use it generally to ship to ParcelMotel, and yesterday I tried its free shipping to Ireland. It is indeed free with Prime now and only 2 days delivery, which is pretty good, considering it was > 4 days before.

Much more than 4 days... I got a parcel today that was ordered... wait for it... on 20th June...

That's 20 days...

Parcels from AliExpress arrive faster these days...

grogi wrote: »
    Much more than 4 days... I got a parcel today that was ordered... wait for it... on 20th June...

That's 20 days...

Was, probably, from Amazon Marketplace, unless seller is amazon itself, it can take up to ... indefinite ... number of days.

I recently ordered from amazon UK only to realise it is shipping from China and will take 22 days :(

Don't think so, you can sign up during a purchase, IMHO.

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Was, probably, from Amazon Marketplace, unless seller is amazon itself, it can take up to ... indefinite ... number of days.

I recently ordered from amazon UK only to realise it is shipping from China and will take 22 days :(

No offence taken ;) All items were in stock in Amazon warehouse.

No offence taken ;) All items were in stock in Amazon warehouse.

Then Prime will definitely help, they will have obligation to deliver in-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

No. You won't need prime to buy these. On previous years the discount on echoes was the same for prime and non prime members.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Used this for first time, ordered Friday, delivered today. Not too shabby. Still don't know if I have signed up to Prime delivery, as I was not prompted to add it. Maybe my prime video account is just giving me this?

Must keep an eye on bank account to ensure it doesn't charge me more than expected...

lawred2 wrote:

I don't know this as fact but I think they offer prime membership for a euro or two on the day. I could be wrong but I think I read it earlier on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

That's 20 days...

Prime wasn't available to Irish users on June 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Just singed up for 1 month to try it out - I logged in Prime Video on my Samsung TV but didn't get asked anything about my country...

Looks like an OK selection at first glance so I'm not sure if I'mm seeing ROI or UK selection of stuff ...???....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

The first thing that showed up for me on the UK version was Batman vs Superman which is not on the Irish version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

So I don't see that - so either try and set a UK address for myself, or use something like Getflix....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Just had my first experience with this, ordered stuff on Monday night and was delivered first thing this morning, delighted.

Not sure how happy my card will be about it, but ill be ordering a lot more now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Did u guys say it would be cheaper to sign-up to Amazon prime on prime day next Monday??

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

I'm having trouble viewing the UK prime content.

I have my default address as my UK address pal but I still get this message...This title is currently unavailable
    This title isn't available in your location.

Any ideas on what's wrong please guys?

• Advertisement

iHungry wrote: »
    I'm having trouble viewing the UK prime content.

I have my default address as my UK address pal but I still get this message...This title is currently unavailable
    This title isn't available in your location.

Any ideas on what's wrong please guys?

Where are you trying to access the content from?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement