Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime (with 2-day priority shipping) now available in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Who are beyond useless. Never had even a tolerable experience with them :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Fastway are cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

TallGlass wrote: »
    Fastway are cowboys.

Frak sakes... I can’t understand why they used an post of 2 of my orders and I parcel for the other one. They’re all around the same size.

Regardless I might keep it , might dump Netflix and use prime video instead, how is the uk content compared to netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭kooper

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Batman v superman is a great example for anyone who is not sure. If you have Irish prime you might be able to see it listed if you are on the website prime video but you definitely won't be able to play it. You most likely w even see it on the prime video app if you are seen as Ireland
    Not sure if they really changed location there or just got all licenses, but I've tried prime video a year or so ago and I wasn't able to play most of movies there because of the location, as I called them that time and they replied that there is a problem with licensing in my location. I tried this month and all of them playing np(at least I haven't seen any restrictions on movies or tv shows so far), so not sure what they really done there but it's working now. I'm playing from tv app on my samsung tv, didn't do any location manipulations there. I haven't try Batman v superman specifically but can try in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

kooper wrote:
    Not sure if they really changed location there or just got all licenses, but I've tried prime video a year or so ago and I wasn't able to play most of movies there because of the location, as I called them that time and they replied that there is a problem with licensing in my location. I tried this month and all of them playing np(at least I haven't seen any restrictions on movies or tv shows so far), so not sure what they really done there but it's working now. I'm playing from tv app on my samsung tv, didn't do any location manipulations there. I haven't try Batman v superman specifically but can try in the evening.

EU law passed only two months ago means they have to let you carry your prime video, sky, netflix etc with you to any other EU country. That's why you can now watch the movies you weren't allowed to a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭kooper

EU law passed only two months ago means they have to let you carry your prime video, sky, netflix etc with you to any other EU country. That's why you can now watch the movies you weren't allowed to a few weeks ago.
    I wonder what gonna happen after brexit...

kooper wrote: »
    I wonder what gonna happen after brexit...

Back to VPN & DNS proxy :D
    We have till 31 March to worry about that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Does it also work if you have a fire tv stick? At the moment the fire tv stick (not the basic one) won't work with Prime Video (because Amazon are stupid), hopefully this would make that work (until next March).

• Administrators Posts: 53,481 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

TheDriver wrote: »
    Can the spouse get free prime if linked to my account or is there a catch??
    No catch.

All the Prime benefits can be shared with the exception of Reading

dulpit wrote:
    Does it also work if you have a fire tv stick? At the moment the fire tv stick (not the basic one) won't work with Prime Video (because Amazon are stupid), hopefully this would make that work (until next March).

Yes. I have fire tv. So does my daughter and it works with both of them

• Advertisement

awec wrote:
    All the Prime benefits can be shared with the exception of Reading

I tried sharing video with my wife and they wanted a credit card or something from bot of us. I lost interest. Do you know what is involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

dulpit wrote: »

Prime Video Ireland does work on a Firestick. Just download the app and you can cast from it to the Firestick.

Again, as above have said - you won't see Batman V Superman on the Ireland version, more likely Gone Girl or the Internship

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Blazer wrote: »
    as it turns out it’s being delivered by I-parcel who apparently are one of the worst delivery companies ever.

Understatement of the century.

I had the "privilege" of having my new computer parts delivered by them when I ordered them three years ago. Despite explicitly paying for faster shipping, it still took a week and a half.

At least my shipping charges were refunded when I complained.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

So now that Prime video is out over 6 months in Ireland, most day ones like myself will be /have move to 5.99 PM at he end of July too. When you think of it, full prime 'membership' works out only 3 euro more at 9.03 (PM-atm) you would save that in shipping with only a few things bought on amazon per year.

Or have I missed something?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philster

Hi, what exactly should I get music wise with my Prime sub? When I go to Prime benefits it says my subscription includes Prime Music, but when I click on "listen now" it opens up a new page that I need to register on. Then it asks me to enter credit card details but billing address needs to be in the UK. Is the Irish music worth signing up for? Is there much free content for my Prime subscription?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I put in an order at 5.30pm Thursday and received it this morning from An Post.

Even Amazon said it would be Monday.

Tempted to buy a years sub if it goes cheaper on prime day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

god's toy wrote: »
    So now that Prime video is out over 6 months in Ireland, most day ones like myself will be /have move to 5.99 PM at he end of July too. When you think of it, full prime 'membership' works out only 3 euro more at 9.03 (PM-atm) you would save that in shipping with only a few things bought on amazon per year.

Or have I missed something?

If you are getting value out of the Prime Video, it looks good to me.

Some items are more than 3 euro cheaper with Prime than without.

You wont be restricted by the minimum spend on Amazon.
    No more adding items that you don't need to get free shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Do prime customers get tv and movies also? I heard amazon are covering some premier league games this season.

• Administrators Posts: 53,481 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Philster wrote: »
    Hi, what exactly should I get music wise with my Prime sub? When I go to Prime benefits it says my subscription includes Prime Music, but when I click on "listen now" it opens up a new page that I need to register on. Then it asks me to enter credit card details but billing address needs to be in the UK. Is the Irish music worth signing up for? Is there much free content for my Prime subscription?
    Prime Music is UK only, there is no Irish version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

awec wrote: »
    Prime Music is UK only, there is no Irish version.

I have it and as far as I know I got it through the Prime trial. There is an unlimited version that's 7.99 per month but this free/prime suits me so far.
    I know there was a few posts earlier of changing your account from Ireland to UK and I did that but already had the music before that so not sure why you don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I have it and as far as I know I got it through the Prime trial. There is an unlimited version that's 7.99 per month but this free/prime suits me so far.
    I know there was a few posts earlier of changing your account from Ireland to UK and I did that but already had the music before that so not sure why you don't.

I just started my 1 month trial yesterday and have access to it too. Have downloaded the app on my phone and it works fine there also.

Anyone know if the student deal is open to Irish colleges too? 6 months trial + £4 a month thereafter is pretty decent
    EDIT: Oh darn, seems like its UK higher education institutions only

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Prime Video Ireland does work on a Firestick. Just download the app and you can cast from it to the Firestick.

Again, as above have said - you won't see Batman V Superman on the Ireland version, more likely Gone Girl or the Internship

I tried this but don't see the cast option in the prime video app on my iPhone, is this Andriod only or do you know if it works on IOS as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

A handy way of making sure your getting UK prime TV/movies (if your going to take a one month free offer) is: select the ' Try Amazon prime' on the top left of the page it will offer a chance to change your billing address, use parcel motel or wizard at this point as your billing and then select the one month free trial. Worked for me as I had only Ireland stuff until last night, full UK now no talking to support needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

I have had uk prime for a while now with uk content, it recently stopped working for me. Had to get on to them to fix it even though i had a uk address I needed a uk card for them to reactivate it. I used a revoult card working since fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭touts

I've got Amazon prime video and my 2.99 offer runs out this month and I planned to cancel it. I know there is an option to rig the system to get a UK account but really I have to think why bother. I have both Amazon Prime and Netflix and the best comparison I can make is like the video rental stores of the 90s. Netflix is like Xtravision with a fairly wide up to date dvd selection while Amazon Prime is like the lad in the local shop with a rack of old vhs tapes he got in a car boot sale. Is there any talk of them improving the selection we can get in Ireland without lying about where we live.

touts wrote:
    I've got Amazon prime video and my 2.99 offer runs out this month and I planned to cancel it. I know there is an option to rig the system to get a UK account but really I have to think why bother. I have both Amazon Prime and Netflix and the best comparison I can make is like the video rental stores of the 90s. Netflix is like Xtravision with a fairly wide up to date dvd selection while Amazon Prime is like the lad in the local shop with a rack of old vhs tapes he got in a car boot sale. Is there any talk of them improving the selection we can get in Ireland without lying about where we live.

Broadcasting rights stops them offering UK content to Ireland. Irish content is unlikely to improve much in the UK near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I signed up to the 30 day trial, finding it great so far. Ordered something late on Thursday night at around 11 pm and it arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Davexirl wrote: »
    I signed up to the 30 day trial, finding it great so far. Ordered something late on Thursday night at around 11 pm and it arrived today.

And that's what pisses me off.
    I ordered 3 things Thursday afternoon.
    Amazon designated 2 of them to arrive by An Post which arrived today.
    The 3rd item which is the same size but a bit more expensive by a few pounds is coming by courier and probably won't make it till Monday or Tuesday.
    It's farcical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Just my two cents here, and might not be completely relevant to all aspects of Prime:

Big Amazon fan. I shop a lot on the site and I think it's great, but I'm obviously stuck with some items that HAVE to be shipped to the UK, using Parcel Wizard/Motel. I often get things and split them by delivery address so that only the UK only ones go to Northern Ireland. Naturally, I ask for them to ship together where possible to avoid being slammed by third party fees.

However, many items recently have been shipped ahead of or at difference times, meaning I get hit with PW fees. Which sucks. And costly.

I'll need to research the financial benefits versus UK only postage on certain items. But, it's something to be aware of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Just my two cents here, and might not be completely relevant to all aspects of Prime:

Big Amazon fan. I shop a lot on the site and I think it's great, but I'm obviously stuck with some items that HAVE to be shipped to the UK, using Parcel Wizard/Motel. I often get things and split them by delivery address so that only the UK only ones go to Northern Ireland. Naturally, I ask for them to ship together where possible to avoid being slammed by third party fees.

However, many items recently have been shipped ahead of or at difference times, meaning I get hit with PW fees. Which sucks. And costly.

I'll need to research the financial benefits versus UK only postage on certain items. But, it's something to be aware of.

I've noticed that if I ship to PW they will inevitably be shipped individually. Most recent heart scald was a pack of colouring pencils, a pencil sharpener and an eraser, all sold by amazon, all sent individually to PW.

I'm finding the Prime to Ireland a bit hit and miss with the 2 day delivery. I've ordered 3 Prime items last week but when I went to checkout all 3 were estimated delivery for 4 days later and arrived accordingly. I was aware it would be more than 2 days, but still, a bit disappointing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement