Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime (with 2-day priority shipping) now available in Ireland

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

glic83 wrote: »
    thought the difference was only 2 or 3 % though?

I didn't do the math so you could be right. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

banie01 wrote: »
    Folks, Has anyone managed to get Prime Music UK version working?

My Prime video is set to UK, and runs fine.
    However when I open up Prime Music it asks for my UK card and UK address.
    I've entered my "UK" address and the card I have associated with it and every time it fails to validate.

Anyone encountered similar?

I have the same, I couldn't get it working.
    Got on to support and they said the card needs to be issued from a UK bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I was onto Live Chat this morning due to slow delivery for Kindle I bought on Prime Day. An additional free month of Prime added to my account :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I was onto Live Chat this morning due to slow delivery for Kindle I bought on Prime Day. An additional free month of Prime added to my account :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Shaner125 wrote: »
    Just wanted to follow up on what people were saying in the thread previously, it's very easy for anybody to avail of the student prime deal, giving 6 months free prime then £39/yr after. You just need to purchase a cheap online course (I got an introductory microsoft office course for £4 with e-careers off a coupon website). Register with the online course, then sign up for an NUS extra card using PM address as home address, you can select how long your course is, I chose 3 years haha, you can take a quick snap with your phone for the photograph. Once your NUS card arrives you can go to the section on amazon for student prime without a .gov address and send them a photo of your NUS card and course acceptance email. They activated my prime 5 minutes later.

So 4 pounds for the course and 32 pounds for the NUS card? unless I am missing a way to get the NUS card for free or for cheaper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

mystic86 wrote:
    So 4 pounds for the course and 32 pounds for the NUS card? so it is basically working out 6 months for the price of 1, rather than 6 months for free... unless I am missing a way to get the NUS card for free or for cheaper?

You don't need to pay for course and just pick one year card for 12 pounds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

You don't need to pay for course and just pick one year card for 12 pounds

sorry, corrected my own post above, as 39 pounds is the price per year and that is the student price... so 12 pounds for 6 months instead of 48 pounds, right? what course did you sign up to for free that worked with the NUS thing? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

mystic86 wrote: »
    sorry, corrected my own post above, as 39 pounds is the price per year and that is the student price... so 12 pounds for 6 months instead of 48 pounds, right? what course did you sign up to for free that worked with the NUS thing? thanks

I think we need to put this into points so people can follow (amazon part is taken from a post that balhshin put up)
    a) You do not need to sign upto a course in order to get a NUS card..just simply select ecareers on the NUS site and any course.

so
    1. Go to the NUS site, https://www.nus.org.uk/en/nus-extra/
    2. Select at the top in the pink banner "Buy your NUS card now"
    3. Enter your email address (any email address you have)
    4. In place of study enter "ecareers"
    5. Next page just pick any course (I select BSC in Computer Science) and said it was a 5 year course
    6. On the next page (purchasing page) ensure you've only selected the NUS card for 1 year (you don't need 3 years) so you're only paying the £12 option.
    7. Attach a picture and click continue etc until you get the page to enter your personal details
    8. Enter your name, dob, gender etc and create a student password.
    9. For address make sure you use either your DPD/Parcel Motel UK address
    10. Do not enter a mobile number as it doesn't accept irish numbers.
    11. Fill out remainder of the form and pay (comes to around €15)
    12. Download the NUS app on ios/android and take a screenshot of the account page which has your card serial number and photo on it.

Changing your amazon account to a student version

If you already have your prime account created and changed to the UK
    send an email from the email address linked to your amazon account to the following "amazon-student-verification@amazon.co.uk".
    Don't forget to attach the screenshot of your NUS card,

I literally wrote the following:

"Hi,
    I would like to change my prime account (xxxxxxx@gmail.com) to a Prime Student account if possible please? I have attached a screenshot of my NUS Extra Card details for verification."

You will receipt an email shortly afterwards and it will confirm your account has changed or to sign into the link provided to link your account.
    I've seen two versions of the email sent.
    I know if you use the template above without mentioning your course expiry it will allow you to select the end date (max 2023) when you go to link your amazon account to student prime)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

So I have 3 items on the way from Prime day. 1 with I-parcel and 2 with An Post.

Alll delivered to my work address.

Get a message on my phone at lunchtime to say the two items were out for delivery today and left a mobile number to call if I wouldn’t be in. Being a Saturday I’m not in work, the place is closed so I rang....and rang...,and rang but the calls weren’t answered. Tried to send a t st message but the number won’t accept messages.

Way to go An Post. Why send me the number if no one is going to bloody pick up?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Pussyhands wrote: »
    How is this a bargain???
    I'm with you.
    It's not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Seve OB wrote: »
    I'm with you.
    It's not.

Sorry?
    For €40 a year you're getting free delivery to Ireland from Amazon and also included is Prime Video.
    You also get unlimited photos backup, limited music access and other benefits.

The question is really " how is this not a bargain? "

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

adox wrote: »
    So I have 3 items on the way from Prime day. 1 with I-parcel and 2 with An Post.

Alll delivered to my work address.

Get a message on my phone at lunchtime to say the two items were out for delivery today and left a mobile number to call if I wouldn’t be in. Being a Saturday I’m not in work, the place is closed so I rang....and rang...,and rang but the calls weren’t answered. Tried to send a t st message but the number won’t accept messages.

Way to go An Post. Why send me the number if no one is going to bloody pick up?

Maybe postie was driving when you tried calling, or he couldn't be arsed answering the call, anyway your items will be brought out again on Monday which is probably when you expected delivery anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Blazer wrote: »
    Sorry?
    For €40 a year you're getting free delivery to Ireland from Amazon and also included is Prime Video.
    You also get unlimited photos backup, limited music access and other benefits.

The question is really " how is this not a bargain? "

A bargain is a discount on what the standard price of something is.

To say that something is now available in Ireland, at a slower delivery rate than the same service is available in the UK is absolutely not a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

To say that something is now available in Ireland, at a slower delivery rate than the same service is available in the UK is absolutely not a bargain.

Man you're just trolling now. Get the student discount detailed above and you make a huge saving

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Who pìssed on your cornflakes? This is an absolute bargain!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I think the thread has run its course, any further discussing is more suited to online buying forum.

If something needs to be added here, report this post and a mod can re-open it.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement