Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime (with 2-day priority shipping) now available in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

dollylama wrote: »
    Interesting snippet this... pity it got caught in the faux outrage that followed

Are Amazon possibly trialling ground delivery in Ireland? They do it in the UK already and they do it big time in the US... "gig" drivers in vans and cars delivering items from distribution centres or designated drop points. It's similar to how the shïtty UK courier Hermes operate and Nightline do it here on a small scale if I'm not mistaken.

Whatever about Amazon taking over the retail landscape, eating the bricks and mortars, etc... I think their moves into the delivery segment will be just as disruptive. The postal operators and couriers who are flying high on the back of Amazon's sheer volume at present could in time be blaming Amazon for driving them out of the market

DPD do it in the UK too. They fine staff for ringing in sick, even though they aren't employees. There was a lad who died from diabetes complications because he couldn't afford to fine to miss work and go to his hospital appointment for treatment.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/dpd-driver-diabetic-dies-fine-take-day-off-doctor-visit-diabetic-don-lane-bournemouth-courier-firm-a8195266.html%3famp

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

This is the first problem (if you could call it that) I've encountered using prime for ireland.

The wife loves those San Palagreno Italian soft drinks, especially the lemon and mint ones.
    They can be quite expensive here, my local dept store for example sell them at 2.50e a can.

Amazon are doing 24 x packs at 20£, and they're eligible for prime.

However, not free delivery - it's actually 23£ to deliver to Ireland. :eek:

Shag them, I just got it sent via parcel wizard anyway.

Sanpellegrino Limone Menta Lemon and Mint Drink 330 ml (Pack of 24 ) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Q94FGIC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_KerpBbVQP7A4D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Lecturing on a forum based on next to nothing just makes you look overly sensitive.

Probably. But it really feels much different when you're on the other side of it.

Nevertheless, does Prime give the free clothing returns?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Prime member for ages.

Here's a recent order delivered today. Value €9 with Free P&P.

Order: 1 July 2018 at 18:29 (Sunday)
    Dispatch: 3 July 2018 at 01:20 (Tuesday)
    Delivery:
    Jul 04, 2018
    11:57 am
    DELIVERED

DUBLIN 14
    Jul 04, 2018
    07:47 am
    ITEM IS ON DELIVERY

DUBLIN 14
    Jul 03, 2018
    07:05 pm
    ITEM HAS BEEN ACCEPTED

DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE EXT DUBLIN 12
    Jul 03, 2018
    ITEM IS IN TRANSIT

So that's over from Fife/Bristol in a day and out with Speedpost the day after. Parcel Motel are gonna lose a chunk of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

The wife loves those San Palagreno Italian soft drinks, especially the lemon and mint ones.
    They can be quite expensive here, my local dept store for example sell them at 2.50e a can.
    4.50e or so for six cans at Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

ED E wrote: »
    Prime member for ages.

Here's a recent order delivered today. Value €9 with Free P&P.

Order: 1 July 2018 at 18:29 (Sunday)
    Dispatch: 3 July 2018 at 01:20 (Tuesday)
    Delivery:
    Jul 04, 2018
    11:57 am
    DELIVERED

DUBLIN 14
    Jul 04, 2018
    07:47 am
    ITEM IS ON DELIVERY

DUBLIN 14
    Jul 03, 2018
    ITEM HAS BEEN ACCEPTED

Jul 03, 2018
    ITEM IS IN TRANSIT

So that's over from Fife/Bristol in a day and out with Speedpost the day after. Parcel Motel are gonna lose a chunk of business.

:eek: can you confirm that the order total was 9 euro (with free delivery)???

You can get the two day 'free' delivery for things that cost even less than that. That's the main advantage of prime, at least in ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yep.
    Item Subtotal:	£6.91
    Postage & Packing:	£0.00
    Total before VAT:	£6.91
    VAT:	£1.38
    Total:	£8.29
    Paid by Visa:	£8.29

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

dollylama wrote: »
    Interesting snippet this... pity it got caught in the faux outrage that followed

Are Amazon possibly trialling ground delivery in Ireland? They do it in the UK already and they do it big time in the US... "gig" drivers in vans and cars delivering items from distribution centres or designated drop points. It's similar to how the shïtty UK courier Hermes operate and Nightline do it here on a small scale if I'm not mistaken.

Whatever about Amazon taking over the retail landscape, eating the bricks and mortars, etc... I think their moves into the delivery segment will be just as disruptive. The postal operators and couriers who are flying high on the back of Amazon's sheer volume at present could in time be blaming Amazon for driving them out of the market
    Amazon Flex.

They give you X and you pay fuel/parking/tolls/fines etc. Works out less than minimum wage while Jeff banks a few more billion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Got the Columbo box set yesterday for £12 (10 seasons, 35 DVDS)

Happy days

(Sold out now though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Kuva wrote: »
    Amazon Flex.

They give you X and you pay fuel/parking/tolls/fines etc. Works out less than minimum wage while Jeff banks a few more billion.

I don't think Jeff Banks is making much off it tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Will there be any offer for annual prime?

hots wrote: »
    I don't think Jeff Banks is making much off it tbf.

When he is a shareholder, he is benefiting from company profits.

TheDriver wrote: »
    I'm expecting one, however a year-long sub will be hit by brexit on the 29th of March. Let's see what happens then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

If you are already paying for Prime Video, do you automatically get Prime delivery? Or are they separate payments?

dulpit wrote: »
    If you are already paying for Prime Video, do you automatically get Prime delivery? Or are they separate payments?

It's the other way round - if you're paying for Prime, you get Prime Video.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

dulpit wrote:

Prime video is just video. If you get full prime then you get free prime video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Does anyone know if Prime membership has any Kindle benefits other than "Prime Reading"? It's pretty useless - I do see an option for "Kindle Unlimited", but that seems to be yet another subscription

I haven't signed up for prime delivery yet (but do have prime video). When I try to order something it's showing with Free Priority Delivery, and there's no mention of me signing up or getting a trial/etc.

Weird.

455007.PNG

And here's what I see if I click into the Your Prime section, which shows I'm not signed up. :confused:

455008.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Prime day is July 16th fwir

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

TheDriver wrote: »

The offer already there looks like you get £10 to spend on Prime Day if you join.

What level of offer do they normally do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

The offer already there looks like you get £10 to spend on Prime Day if you join.

What level of offer do they normally do?

I got Prime last year for 59 GBP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

grogi wrote: »
    Sure it's the right thread to post?

Yes. Someone was going on about it a few pages ago
    Said his oul'doll is mad for the San Pelligrino

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Does anyone know if Prime membership has any Kindle benefits other than "Prime Reading"? It's pretty useless - I do see an option for "Kindle Unlimited", but that seems to be yet another subscription

No, just Reading. Kindle Unlimited is as you say, another subscription with more books available than PR.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Shaner125

Just wanted to follow up on what people were saying in the thread previously, it's very easy for anybody to avail of the student prime deal, giving 6 months free prime then £39/yr after. You just need to purchase a cheap online course (I got an introductory microsoft office course for £4 with e-careers off a coupon website). Register with the online course, then sign up for an NUS extra card using PM address as home address, you can select how long your course is, I chose 3 years haha, you can take a quick snap with your phone for the photograph. Once your NUS card arrives you can go to the section on amazon for student prime without a .gov address and send them a photo of your NUS card and course acceptance email. They activated my prime 5 minutes later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Shaner125 wrote: »
    Just wanted to follow up on what people were saying in the thread previously, it's very easy for anybody to avail of the student prime deal, giving 6 months free prime then £39/yr after. You just need to purchase a cheap online course (I got an introductory microsoft office course for £4 with e-careers off a coupon website). Register with the online course, then sign up for an NUS extra card using PM address as home address, you can select how long your course is, I chose 3 years haha, you can take a quick snap with your phone for the photograph. Once your NUS card arrives you can go to the section on amazon for student prime without a .gov address and send them a photo of your NUS card and course acceptance email. They activated my prime 5 minutes later.

Thanks. I never got time to reply earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Shaner125 wrote: »

How do you know which courses qualify for the NUS student card? Any similar method for getting an Irish student card?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement