Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime (with 2-day priority shipping) now available in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Soarer

Yes and it's up to you than to ensure that when PW/PM are importing them on you behalf that you comply with the relevant law and restrictions.

Amazon just delivered it within the UK and now you are importing it yourself so you have to ensure that you are staying within the restrictions and appropiate reporting.

Zzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Sorry, didn't see it explicitly answered (although I might have missed it) but is the minimum amount for free shipping still £25 for Irish delivery if you're a Prime member, or has that limit decreased for members ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

awec wrote:
    Video is pretty poor in Ireland. Music isn't available. Never tried the Reading properly, but I've looked in the past and saw nothing really interesting.

I have prime video UK without vpn. As far as I remember I put my main address as a UK address. They will still deliver to Ireland.

I think the EU brought in regulations where if I live in the UK & pay for prime video or netflix I have a right to view UK content from anywhere in the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

Still far simpler than setting up a regular retail network. I predict that it will be announced within 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Mikenesson

Surely it would add to their cost opening a DC here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

All sales go through Amazon entity in Luxemburg, regardless if they are shipped form UK, Poland or Germany...

When it goes to labour regulations and having presence in Ireland, Amazon is already here too...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Hmmm, the sceptic in me wonders if my recent orders taking over 2 weeks to dispatch (despite lots of stock) are a subtle hint to take up a prime membership. Still, it's great news that this service is finally available in Ireland.
    Cheeky gits! I've an order which stalled just before dispatch for almost a fortnight now and was wondering why the holdup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Was reading the other day about how Amazon set up shop outside the main manufacturing hubs in China so as to avoid paying minimum wage.

Put that together with all the stuff you hear going on in their warehouses/offices, I'm really starting to get sick of their mistreatment of people.

It's been 8 months since I used them.

Bezo is worth $140.8 Billion and he just keeps getting nastier and greedier.

How long does it take to setup a new account with addresses and payment methods?

I have 2 but can't remember the procedure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

deadl0ck wrote:
    Sorry, didn't see it explicitly answered (although I might have missed it) but is the minimum amount for free shipping still £25 for Irish delivery if you're a Prime member, or has that limit decreased for members ?

No you can order anything even a few euro now and get free delivery :)

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

You don't have to spend £25 ?

Mikenesson wrote:
    You don't have to spend £25 ?

Nope. I just tried it again there on some random car phone charger for £7 and got both options of free priority delivery or free standard delivery.

I tried it yesterday on warehouse deals and found Blu-ray and book delivered and all for 3 quid each

Nope. I just tried it again there on some random car phone charger for £7 and got both options of free priority delivery or free standard delivery.

I tried it yesterday on warehouse deals and found Blu-ray and book delivered and all for 3 quid each

I'll throw my hands up so ,I didn't realize that until I checked it myself

It's going to be well worth having Prime depending on what's available for priority delivery

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

How is the delivery free? You've paid a subscription. The main reason for the subscription is the delivery service.

How is the delivery free? You've paid a subscription. The main reason for the subscription is the delivery service.

The question posed was if you're an Amazon Prime member, is free delivery not £25 and over? And the answer is no, free delivery is for any price.

Ok Mr. Technical

Cheeky gits! I've an order which stalled just before dispatch for almost a fortnight now and was wondering why the holdup.
    I'm seeing the same. I placed an order on June 25 for items that were all in stock and the expected delivery date is "Arriving 5 Jul - 9 Jul". Feckers

It's a game changer for me anyhow

I've been getting everything free delivery over £25 up to now

I'll be doing everything through prime now with free trials

The question posed was if you're an Amazon Prime member, is free delivery not £25 and over? And the answer is no, free delivery is for any price.
    Wow - that's a game changer for me. I use Amazon a lot.
    And do you also get the priority delivery for free on any value order, or is it standard delivery ?

• Advertisement

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Wow - that's a game changer for me. I use Amazon a lot.
    And do you also get the priority delivery for free on any value order, or is it standard delivery ?

Priority, but it appears to only be the case for certain items for now.

Priority, but it appears to only be the case for certain items for now.
    Great - will be interesting to see how they figure out what is and is not allowed, or is it pretty obvious ?

Actually - here's the exact wording:
    Unlimited Priority (Two-Day) Delivery to the Republic of Ireland (ROI). Threshold free on eligible items, at no extra cost. If items are not eligible for Priority Delivery, they’ll be delivered to the ROI via Standard (3-4 days) or Economy (3-5 days) Delivery at no extra cost.
    (see here)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Actually - here's the exact wording:

(see here)

What is "threshold free on eligible items"?

grogi wrote: »
    What is "threshold free on eligible items"?
    I'm guessing it means there is no threshold to qualify for free shipping.
    Before (i.e, as a non-prime member) you had to have a minimum oder value of 25GPB to get free shipping, now you can get it for any order value (as long as the items qualify)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

This will take the sting out of split deliveries anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Ok from reading the whole thread to date, if living in Ireland, to get the best out of Prime you need to

1. Create an Amazon account with a UK primary address
    2. Then set up a separate Irish address for your free deliveries

This way you get the better Prime UK Video options including premier league games and more movies/shows, and access to Prime Music.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ok from reading the whole thread to date, if living in Ireland, to get the best out of Prime you need to

1. Create an Amazon account with a UK primary address
    2. Then set up a separate Irish address for your free deliveries

This way you get the better Prime UK Video options including premier league games and more movies/shows, and access to Prime Music.

Do you need a VPN to access the UK video library though? I’d be surprised if you didn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You did until recently. New EU regulations say that you can take your prime video or netflix anywhere in the EU.

Prime video UK works fine for me without a vpn. I'm registered with a UK address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Sleeper12 wrote:
    You did until recently. New EU regulations say that you can take your prime video or netflix anywhere in the UK.

UK in the EU for long?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement