Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime (with 2-day priority shipping) now available in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Asus X540L wrote: »
    You'll probably have to commit fraud and give a UK address and a phoney student number. I guess if you know an Irish person studying in the uk it could work

I got one by buying s cheap online course. Registering for a NUS card.
    Sent copy of card to Amazon and got a student prime account.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I got it by signing up to online courses with The Shaw Academy. Then buying a NUS Extra card from their website with my Shaw Academy details. Then signed up to Student Prime with that.

NUS Extra don't accept Shaw Academy any more but I think there is other online variants if one happened to be interested in a course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Mikenesson

How much did the online course cost

And how much for the nus card?

And how.much detail does Amazon need ,is it just the student card number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Excellent news! I order a lot from Amazon,and find the Prime very useful indeed. It's not just the free delivery, it's also the shows and programmes you can get on there. They also show the US Open, the Thursday night NFL games and they have just taken an EPL package.

£79 is a snip to me!

Excellent news! I order a lot from Amazon,and find the Prime very useful indeed. It's not just the free delivery, it's also the shows and programmes you can get on there. They also show the US Open, the Thursday night NFL games and they have just taken an EPL package.

£79 is a snip to me!

I'm on the free prime right now

My last order on Wednesday everything was fulfilled by amazon

They sent 3 items priority delivery arriving tomorrow and the 1 item I need fast they're sending slow delivery not dispatched yet

That's not much use

• Advertisement

Mikenesson wrote: »
    I'm on the free prime right now

My last order on Wednesday everything was fulfilled by amazon

They sent 3 items priority delivery arriving tomorrow and the 1 item I need fast they're sending slow delivery not dispatched yet

That's not much use

Depends on what is ordered and which fulfillment centre it is sent from. The same thing's happened to me. For me,the advantages of having Prime membership far outweigh the disadvantages.

As I said, it's not just priority 2 day delivery but the ability to stream programmes and watch live sport have their appeal as well.

Delivery to Ireland is going to be slower than the UK. That's a given. You just need to work within the parameters of it.

Even if you ordered for delivery to Parcel Motel, the same thing would have happened. Either it's at the Amazon end or PM might not be able to drop into the locker within 24 hours. That's the beauty of online shopping.

Depends on what is ordered and which fulfillment centre it is sent from. The same thing's happened to me. For me,the advantages of having Prime membership far outweigh the disadvantages.

As I said, it's not just priority 2 day delivery but the ability to stream programmes and watch live sport have their appeal as well.

Delivery to Ireland is going to be slower than the UK. That's a given. You just need to work within the parameters of it.

Even if you ordered for delivery to Parcel Motel, the same thing would have happened. Either it's at the Amazon end or PM might not be able to drop into the locker within 24 hours. That's the beauty of online shopping.

The problem with Amazon isn't delivery its dispatch times

It depends on the item and the fulfillment centre it is sent from as I said...

It depends on the item and the fulfillment centre it is sent from as I said...

Correct

You're not guaranteed priority delivery,it's a lottery

Not sure if want to pay £75 a year for that,some may

Free streaming is worth very little now.its all free anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Does An Post do most deliveries for Amazon?

It really depends on what you order. Size and shape ete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

How does PM work out with Amazon splitting deliveries?

Do you order one item at a time and why do you use PM,Is it because you're out for deliveries?

The Deal very badly , I had a order split into 4 , PM still charged me for 3 after I pleaded with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Correct

You're not guaranteed priority delivery,it's a lottery

Free streaming is worth very little now.its all free anyway

If your with prime, and it gives you a "get your delivery by" date, 9.9/10 That's when you will get the item.

I've been a prime member for 5 years (maybe more, can't quite remember) and have never had a problem with it.

The fact they will now deliver directly to Ireland within 2 days (saving me the DPD fee) will definitely be great.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It really depends on what you order. Size and shape ete

I was getting a lot of small packages by courier til recently ,now they're all An Post

I presume they go by the prevailing rates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

So with prime can you can buy items for £5 and you get free delivery? It does not have to be £25?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If you're not there, does it goto the Post Office sorting office far away from you with silly opening hours? That's the reason I always used Parcel Motel when I lived in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

When I was signed up (accidently) for free months trial recently, any order I put together had a £6 delivery charge, regardless of the value of the order. Wonder what was going on there?

Mikenesson wrote:

I have prime. I think it is worth it for prime video. I get UK prime video so lots of movies and TV shows. This faster delivery is a icing on the cake. I'll save a small fortune on parcel Motel now :)

Marhay70 wrote:
    When I was signed up (accidently) for free months trial recently, any order I put together had a £6 delivery charge, regardless of the value of the order. Wonder what was going on there?

With or without prime all orders over £25 quality for free Irish delivery. Took me awhile to figure this out. Just before you pay look at delivery options. You'll find the free one there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

If this includes Pantry to an Irish address that this is going to be a game changer. Sure I currently use PW for it, but if I can cut DPD out of the chain that would be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

If this includes Pantry to an Irish address that this is going to be a game changer. Sure I currently use PW for it, but if I can cut DPD out of the chain that would be excellent.

Unless it's rolled out later, it doesn't seem to include Pantry - just tried an order, and all items 'can't be sent to your selected address'...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭IrishBlaine

Pantry is still UK only.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Unless it's rolled out later, it doesn't seem to include Pantry - just tried an order, and all items 'can't be sent to your selected address'...

Thanks for checking.

Too bad because that would just be a major bargain giving how cheap some stuff is compared to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Have people gotten booze through from Amazon with parcel motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

Don't forget Prime Day coming up in a couple of weeks and Prime is usually discounted as part of it so no harm holding out until then.

Also, funny how there doesn't seem to have been any publicity from Amazon on this yet? I would have thought they would have been shouting it from the rooftops. I didn't know about it until I saw it over on Reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Asus X540L wrote: »
    That fire TV stick I got still won't work. I just signed up and thought I could watch stuff on my TV stick. If it's not officially available in Ireland you're goosed.

Only thing to do is sideload it.

I had problems with my Fire TV, I rang support, got talking to somebody in Cork I think and it was sorted in 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I had problems with my Fire TV, I rang support, got talking to somebody in Cork I think and it was sorted in 10 mins.

How did they sort it out?
    I was just onto chat and he couldn't really help me. Just told me try and plug it out then back in again lol

effe.png

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Would it still be cheaper to order to Parcel wizard/motel for anything over ~€130
    Amazon recalculates the vat when delivery goes to Ireland (20% UK vs 23% here). Not that often i'd be buying something worth hundreds on Amazon, but a while back I noticed the difference in price when delivered to UK vs Ireland.

On a side note, amazon were giving out free prime months like they were going out of fashion any time they tried to deliver to Parcel Wizard/Motel on a Saturday and couldn't. Basically saying "we didnt give you your 1 day delivery, we so sorry, have a free month of prime on us". It happened so often I think I got about 18 months of prime on a 1 year subscription. I can't have been the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Just tried to order something via Prime, turns out they won't give you Prime delivery it the item is sold by another company and fulfilled by amazon even if it's marked "Prime".
    Disappointed!

They will give free regular delivery even though it's under 20 pounds though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Just tried to order something via Prime, turns out they won't give you Prime delivery it the item is sold by another company and fulfilled by amazon even if it's marked "Prime".
    Disappointed!

They will give free regular delivery even though it's under 20 pounds though.

You sure about that?

I ordered myself a new wireless charger for the nexus earlier, it was 16.99 sterling, dispatched this evening, and due to me Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭batistuta9

£79 is a snip to me!

The premier league package is UK only, someone else has the Irish rights for it.

Are the other sports available here?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement