Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE World Cup Coverage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,600 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

NIMAN wrote: »
    Well technically not, he's round the back of where the panel sit.

He was on the pitch doing the pre match bit.

Unless they've gone to the trouble of faking that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Kerr is good laugh he knows his stuff can go off topic that Meatloaf one a few minutes ago made me smile he's old school

• Registered Users Posts: 19,262 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Kerr is good laugh he knows his stuff can go off topic that Meatloaf one a few minutes ago made me smile he's old school

Jaysus he’s there all right,said it was “bylin”

Commentator is giving him far too much air time.

“Fooind a birr o space”

I’m almost done with that guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Just waiting for the birds to fly out of that nest on Keith's head

Bunch of starlings in my opinion?

Strange..... very strange.

Patww79 wrote: »

I haven’t control of the remote where I am.

If I had, I would cut out that whine in an instant.

Lad thinks enunciating foreign players names is analysis.

Check out the constant name checking ffs!!

You’re having a joke my friend.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It's only a pity they can't clone Kerr and have him co-commentate on every game they have for the rest of time.

It's only a pity they can't clone Kerr and have him co-commentate on every game they have.

Can’t take the whine any more, I’m done with this one.

Jaysus the commentator is giving the guy free rein here..

I’m gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I haven’t control of the remote where I am.

If I had, I would cut out that whine in an instant.

Lad thinks enunciating foreign players names is analysis.

Check out the constant name checking ffs!!

You’re having a joke my friend.

Give it a rest! .........Again.

Kerr has a Dublin accent, like a few hundred thousand others in our country. Get over it.

He is a very good co-commentator, your at a loss if you don't acknowledge that he knows his sh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,347 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    He was on the pitch doing the pre match bit.

Unless they've gone to the trouble of faking that.

Sorry, wasn't at home so didn't know they actually showed him there.

Give it a rest! .........Again.

Kerr has a Dublin accent, like a few hundred thousand others in our country. Get over it.

He is a very good co-commentator, your at a loss if you don't acknowledge that he knows his sh*t.

I have left the area where the game is shown.

I cannot take anymore of Kerr, sorry if that doesn’t fit with your opinion.

Whether he knows his sh**t or not is moot, I can’t take the whine.

He could be a great guy, but does my head in.

apologies.

I have left the area where the game is shown.

I cannot take anymore of Kerr, sorry if that doesn’t fit with your opinion.

Whether he knows his sh**t or not is moot, I can’t take the whine.

He could be a great guy, but does my head in.

apologies.

No need to apologise. It is your issue (and it clearly is a bit of an obsession on your behalf!)

No need to apologise. It is your issue (and it clearly is a bit of an obsession on your behalf!)

No, i wouldn’t agree there, just seeing through a chancer who seems to think by throwing out name after name it’s great insight.

Would be far better in my opinion if he forgot the names and concentrated on positions.

Can’t understand how the commentator give him so much airtime.

Anyway, I have left the whine zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

regarding Apres match being ****e.

The reason is because we have lots of these sketch type comedies every day with the explosion of social media.

The people who aren't on social media I find still laugh at Apres match.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

No, i wouldn’t agree there, just seeing through a chancer who seems to think by throwing out name after name it’s great insight.

Would be far better in my opinion if he forgot the names and concentrated on positions.

To be fair to Brian Kerr he is one of the most knowledgeable football people in this country. You will see him at any number of league of Ireland games. He is immersed in the game in every way, he has been a brilliant manager in his time and is an experienced pundit and commentator, but yeah he is a Dub and he does have a Dublin accent, so what?

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Kerr is a chancer?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Why are people responding to the sole consistent anti Kerr commentator?

nullzero wrote: »
    To be fair to Brian Kerr he is one of the most knowledgeable football people in this country. You will see him at any number of league of Ireland games. He is immersed in the game in every way, he has been a brilliant manager in his time and is an experienced pu diet and commentator, but yeah he is a Dub and he does have a Dublin accent, so what?

Lookit, I have nothing person against the lad.

Just can’t stand listening to him.

He may be great, he may know everything, he may be immersed in the gay-amm, but he doesn’t do it for me listening to his presentation.

Load of total crap, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Lookit, I have nothing person against the lad.

Just can’t stand listening to him.

He may be great, he may know everything, he may be immersed in the gay-amm, but he doesn’t do it for me listening to his presentation.

Load of total crap, in my opinion.

To be honest your opinion in this instance isn't worth reading.
    Lookit it's nothing personal.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Why are people responding to the sole consistent anti Kerr commentator?

Because it’s a discussion forum, and posters have different opinions?

I may be wrong there :eek:

nullzero wrote: »
    To be honest your opinion in this instance isn't worth reading.
    Lookit it's nothing personal.

That’s ok, my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Have to agree about kerr. Does my head in. The man talks through his nose. Very irratating to listen to. Not convinced he's this soccer oracle either just because he's a true blue salt ah da eaaarrhhthh dub.

Have to agree about kerr. Does my head in. The man talks through his nose. Very irratating to listen to. Not convinced he's this soccer oracle either just because he's a true blue salt ah da eaaarrhhthh dub.

Fair comment Paddy. Lads here want to deify the guy.Why I have no idea.

Fair enough,but they play the trolling card if people like ourselves are irritated .

Now,personally I could only take around 40 mins of the lad as I had no alternative, sweet fork.... can’t stand the lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Pussyhands wrote: »
    regarding Apres match being ****e.

The reason is because we have lots of these sketch type comedies every day with the explosion of social media.

The people who aren't on social media I find still laugh at Apres match.

Apres match is usually only as good as the material they have to work with. There's been no real memorable punditry moments this tournament, so they don't have much to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The fact that he's a Dub makes absolutely no difference to me. His accent is irrelevant.

How anyone can have sat through co-commentary with the likes of Ray Houghton or - jesus wept! - Ronnie Whelan and still regard Kerr as inferior needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

Christ.

You haven't a clue, do you! Kerr's knowledge of hat is happening on the pitch is excellent! You are making things up now.

You don't like a Dublin accent, all a bit pathetic on your behalf!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Arghus wrote: »
    The fact that he's a Dub makes absolutely no difference to me. His accent is irrelevant.

How anyone can have sat through co-commentary with the likes of Ray Houghton or - jesus wept! - Ronnie Whelan and still regard Kerr as inferior needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

Whelan is dogdoo, really bad. I wish Kevin Moran or Paul mcgrath was on the team. Houghton also, I think he's been riding the English/Italian net crest of wave for far too long and should not be offered work any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Kerr lovely fella but have to agree with others posters, can't stand listening to him. Always switch over to British coverage when he's on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭duffman13

As co-commentators go, Kerr is one of the best. I'd consider myself someone who's obssessed with the game and the depth of his knowledge is something else. Whether he knows most of it off the cuff or whether he's done research is irrelevant.

He comes across as someone who knows the game and speaks more about the actual game and players than the likes of Houghton or Whelan. Listening to them constantly trotting out the same 6 lines over and over again is tiresome. Accent plays no part either :)

Advertisement