Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

SB1982 wrote: »
    Aww so close. The numerical was really difficult compared to the sample tests. Don't be disheartened. Other panels will pop up for HSE, Council, Revenue etc. that you can apply for. There are loads of people on this thread that have other panels running at the same time.

Yeah my numerical worked out at 48% and needed 51%.

I already am on the eo (Dublin) panel. The numerical for that was considerably easier.

I just can’t understand why the clerical officer standard seems higher. I know logic isnt the cs strong point...but the standard should match the grade they are recruiting for.

Prehaps its because they'll are more applicants for the CO than the EO (Dublin) and they put up the standard to reduce the numbers that would pass

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

The one interview carries over for both choices. I only did 1 interview but I have 2 places listed. If you don’t attend you’re off the panel.

Your interview says “Cork” because it’s likely that place will come up first...but it’s a case of whichever place in whichever county comes up first you’ll be offered a place.

E.g My email said my interview was for my second choice location of Limerick (yet my first choice was for Clare) I attended interview and got separate OOM’s for both choices based on my interview...from there it’s simply a case of which oom is reached first in which county. I’ve been assigned a place in Limerick (but I haven’t been told where yet), but I could turn it down if I wanted and wait to be offered something in my first choice of location but I would then be taken off the Limerick panel and would only be offered something if they reached my oom in Clare.

That's everything I need to know. Thank you kindly, and good luck with your place. Hope Clare comes through for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

The one interview carries over for both choices. I only did 1 interview but I have 2 places listed. If you don’t attend you’re off the panel.

Your interview says “Cork” because it’s likely that place will come up first...but it’s a case of whichever place in whichever county comes up first you’ll be offered a place.

E.g My email said my interview was for my second choice location of Limerick (yet my first choice was for Clare) I attended interview and got separate OOM’s for both choices based on my interview...from there it’s simply a case of which oom is reached first in which county. I’ve been assigned a place in Limerick (but I haven’t been told where yet), but I could turn it down if I wanted and wait to be offered something in my first choice of location but I would then be taken off the Limerick panel and would only be offered something if they reached my oom in Clare.

That's everything I need to know. Thank you kindly, and good luck with your place. Hope Clare comes through for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Prehaps its because they'll are more applicants for the CO than the EO (Dublin) and they put up the standard to reduce the numbers that would pass

Yes, it is a numbers game.

However, I still feel the tests for EO were easier to get through. It makes no sense for one person to go through two competitions, and succeed in the one at a higher grade.

Now don’t get me wrong the interview could very well rule me out of this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

Looks like it might be after Christmas before we get the interview results now. 😞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

GMurdoch wrote: »
    Any movement in Westmeath?

Nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

Got invite for interview yesterday.... Batch 2 for Limerick/Kerry. Can't believe how fast things are moving. There must be a lot of vacancies coming up in 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

dorbrogra wrote: »
    Got invite for interview yesterday.... Batch 2 for Limerick/Kerry. Can't believe how fast things are moving. There must be a lot of vacancies coming up in 2019

Still no results from interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hope so, I unofficially know where I'm going in Kerry. Hoping more jobs come in and I'll get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

Hope so, I unofficially know where I'm going in Kerry. Hoping more jobs come in and I'll get one.

When will you be starting hopefully I'll get called soon for kerry

• Advertisement

podsull1 wrote: »
    When will you be starting hopefully I'll get called soon for kerry

I wish I knew. Probably won't get an official offer till the new year.

The real issue will be the vetting. I've fairly high clearence where I am. Just hope it's high enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

Congrats what department. I'm waiting too hopefullyoung down the line some will happen for kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Clairebear12

When are the interviews and are they in Dublin? Thanks

When are the interviews and are they in Dublin? Thanks

Hard to say when, but yes will be in Public Appointment Service in Dublin.

Are the interviews before the new year? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭bgr123

Are the interviews before the new year? Thanks

Would be in the New Year. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Does anyone know how many where called for batch one and batch two in Tipperary. And has anyone from batch one in Tipp been placed anywhere other than Revenue.

Im thinking about 100 or 110 batch one but dont know where i got that from and i know batch two went into the 300s. Has anyone more accurate numbers.

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2018/1226/1019111-retirement/

Just incase we all love our jobs so much, we want to stay in them forever :)
    The compulsory retirement age for public servants is now 70, after President Michael D Higgins signed a new bill into law.

Previously, public servants had to retire by 65 at the latest, despite the fact that the age for qualifying for the State pension is 66.

This left some workers with a gap in retirement income. In addition, some employees wanted to continue in their posts beyond 65.

Rikand wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2018/1226/1019111-retirement/

Just incase we all love our jobs so much, we want to stay in them forever :)

This well might hinder the amount of people recruited on this years panels and future panels

This well might hinder the amount of people recruited on this years panels and future panels

Anyone who has done their 40 years wants to get out. It isn't effect things as much as you think.

Apart from that, anyone who stays reverts to their basic increment of their grade. Why would you stay when it's no different to your pension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭doc22

Anyone who has done their 40 years wants to get out. It isn't effect things as much as you think.

Apart from that, anyone who stays reverts to their basic increment of their grade. Why would you stay when it's no different to your pension.

R u sure ? I thought that was jusy the interim arrangement until now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

Anyone else well and truely finsihed with Christmas and ready to get this fecking ball rowling
    It’s such a long winded process

• Registered Users Posts: 5,444 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Now I think people can stay on at the same/current pay level. Also a lot of people don't have 40 years service by the time they get to 65 so may want to stay a few more years to build up their pension (they may have took time out to raise children etc.). This is probably less of an issue for those close to retirement age now, but in the future will be a bigger reason as a lot of people are joining the public service later in life after private sector jobs etc. now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

I got my results on the 20th for kerry, i came in the top 10. The numerical was more difficult than i thought it would be. Anyone know when i might be called for interview?

Fracture wrote: »
    I got my results on the 20th for kerry, i came in the top 10. The numerical was more difficult than i thought it would be. Anyone know when i might be called for interview?

That's Top 10 of Batch 2 I presume. I'm top 20 of Batch 1, and I had interview in Early December, still waiting for results. I'd say you'll be called in the next few weeks. You will get about two weeks notice. So interview could be in 4 to 6 weeks I reckon, but that's only a guess. It will all probably depend on how fast the panel in Kerry is moving. Someone might know here how many have been placed so far.

Anyone rough idea how many in Kerry in stage 2?? Would it be into the 20's or 50's etc? Thanks

Do Civil servants go back to work on the 2nd/3rd or Will it be the 7th/8th before we might start to wait to expect things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭TrixIrl

Do Civil servants go back to work on the 2nd/3rd or Will it be the 7th/8th before we might start to wait to expect things :)

Official restart was the 27th but many CS particularly those with kids will take annual leave until 2nd or 7th so it’s luck of the draw. For your own sanity ignore this week and start from the 7th.

Public Appointment Service are back on January 2nd. Hoping I'll hear back about interview then, whether I'll pass or fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

That's Top 10 of Batch 2 I presume. I'm top 20 of Batch 1, and I had interview in Early December, still waiting for results. I'd say you'll be called in the next few weeks. You will get about two weeks notice. So interview could be in 4 to 6 weeks I reckon, but that's only a guess. It will all probably depend on how fast the panel in Kerry is moving. Someone might know here how many have been placed so far.
    Yeh, batch 2. When do you think you might get a job offer?

Advertisement