Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

Did you get results for both counties or just tipp? Like two separtate emails?

Got results for both choices... can't believe they are out so fast as we were told it would be January before we heard back. Delighted with results as I thought I'd not done so well.

dorbrogra wrote: »
    Got results for both choices... can't believe they are out so fast as we were told it would be January before we heard back. Delighted with results as I thought I'd not done so well.
    Sorry this was for Limerick/Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

I got both, two seperate messsges on my public jobs and two different OOMs. Very surprised at the speed as batch 2 of the customs one done early Nov not out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

Delighted with my result as I thought I had failed the numerical part. I have only got 1 OOM message which was for Limerick. Hopefully I get the second message soon for the other place I picked. Great that we got the results before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

tringle wrote: »

I got both, two seperate messsges on my public jobs and two different OOMs. Very surprised at the speed as batch 2 of the customs one done early Nov not out yet.

I was just wondering because waterford was my 1st choice but i only got results for Tipp. I was told january too and of course Im in the same boat with the CO customs too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

I was just wondering because waterford was my 1st choice but i only got results for Tipp. I was told january too and of course Im in the same boat with the CO customs too.

Feck it we waited around 3 weeks for our Assessment results. I've been waiting two weeks now for Interview results. Probably waiting until after Xmas at this stage. Congrats everyone 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

Got in top 50 for kerry and in 100s for limerick is that good or bad

podsull1 wrote: »
    Got in top 50 for kerry and in 100s for limerick is that good or bad

You'll get something no bother for Kerry, Limerick too if you prefer it. Have to pass interview, and your OOM could go up or down a few places.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

I just got notification I’m OOM number 23 for Kerry what are my chances o getting a job in Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

Got my results from stage 2 in Cork. Placed in and around 100... I'm not sure how good of a score that is for Cork but just glad I passed as I really ran out of time during the checking exam and thought I might have failed (which is ironic given that my current job involves a lot of accurately checking information)

• Advertisement

I just got notification I’m OOM number 23 for Kerry what are my chances o getting a job in Kerry?

Is that after Assessment and pre interview. I've been interviewed for Kerry Yesterday two weeks and I was not far ahead of you as I was in Late Teens. So I guess you did very well in Assessment. Your OOM could go up or down but can only go down as far as how many are called for interview. Let's say for arguments sake OOMS 20 to 32 were called for interview in a few weeks time then you can not go any higher that 32 or any better than 20. Obviously you have to pass interview, but you have a tremendously high chance with those OOM. Good Luck 🀞.

This is Batch 2 for Kerry....so Batch 1 will be placed first. Not sure how many in Batch 1

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Redcat75

Got my results today for stage 2 limerick and tip batch 2 . My OOM has substantially improved I think depending on how many were called for batch 1 in each area . Anyone know how may were called in the first batch for limerick and Tipperary ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Snicks

I have heard of 7

• Registered Users Posts: 17 noodlestrudle

Completed stage 2 (I'm batch 2) last week and thought I buggered up the numerical. Thought that was the end of it until this evening I got an email saying I passed and got a very decent new order of merit. Does any one know how many are in each batch i.e. Batch 1

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

I still haven’t received my second message with my OOM for Clare.. I received a message with my OOM for Limerick only. Wonder should I contact them tomorrow? Did everyone received a message for your two choices?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

Skippy21 wrote: »
    I still haven’t received my second message with my OOM for Clare.. I received a message with my OOM for Limerick only. Wonder should I contact them tomorrow? Did everyone received a message for your two choices?

My results for stage two were a while back but I only received an OOM for 1, which is the norm I think. No need to contact PAS.

Skippy21 wrote: »

They may not have called batch 2 Clare for stage two yet. You wont get called ahain but will be given your Clare OOM. when they do.

Redcat75 wrote: »
    Got my results today for stage 2 limerick and tip batch 2 . My OOM has substantially improved I think depending on how many were called for batch 1 in each area . Anyone know how may were called in the first batch for limerick and Tipperary ?

From others ive been talking to about 100 anyway where called in batch one for Tipp for round two. A few failed and the passes then called for interview and at least 20 already offered places. I wonder would PAS give out that info.

From those that received interview results before, does it come through the normal channels, as in you'd get a text or an email telling you to log in to your public jobs profile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭336699

From those that received interview results before, does it come through the normal channels, as in you'd get a text or an email telling you to log in to your public jobs profile.

Yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Waffleturd

Just an update for Waterford peeps. Got an offer earlier this week. I'm in the teens. Happy christmas everyone and good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Any sign of any movement in Limerick yet? Anyone offered anything??? I’m early teens batch 1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

Batch 2, Stage 2 results.

Received both OOM's for my choices, Limerick and Cork. Placed higher in Limerick, but already received interview date for Cork.

I live in Limerick and want to work here.

My question is, if I do attend the Cork interview, and pass, does that end my chances of getting an interview for Limerick?

Also, if I don't attend, or fail, will I still get a Limerick interview at some point?

Wamble wrote: »
    Batch 2, Stage 2 results.

Received both OOM's for my choices, Limerick and Cork. Placed higher in Limerick, but already received interview date for Cork.

I live in Limerick and want to work here.

My question is, if I do attend the Cork interview, and pass, does that end my chances of getting an interview for Limerick?

Also, if I don't attend, or fail, will I still get a Limerick interview at some point?

The one interview carries over for both choices. I only did 1 interview but I have 2 places listed. If you don’t attend you’re off the panel.

Your interview says “Cork” because it’s likely that place will come up first...but it’s a case of whichever place in whichever county comes up first you’ll be offered a place.

E.g My email said my interview was for my second choice location of Limerick (yet my first choice was for Clare) I attended interview and got separate OOM’s for both choices based on my interview...from there it’s simply a case of which oom is reached first in which county. I’ve been assigned a place in Limerick (but I haven’t been told where yet), but I could turn it down if I wanted and wait to be offered something in my first choice of location but I would then be taken off the Limerick panel and would only be offered something if they reached my oom in Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GMurdoch

Any movement in Westmeath?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Well done to everyone who got this far!

Results are in and it’s the end of the road for me. I failed the numerical. From what I can make out I just missed it by one question.

Quite frustrated as I got just under 70% in the other two tests. If only they averaged the three tests, which will never happen!!!!

Results are in and it’s the end of the road for me. I failed the numerical. From what I can make out I just missed it by one question.

Quite frustrated as I got just under 70% in the other two tests. If only they averaged the three tests, which will never happen!!!!

Hard Luck 😢. You did very well in the other two. I passed all three in August, didn't think I would, but got nowhere near 70% for the other two. It's a balls, but don't let this deter you. Numerical this year was disgraceful.

Aww so close. The numerical was really difficult compared to the sample tests. Don't be disheartened. Other panels will pop up for HSE, Council, Revenue etc. that you can apply for. There are loads of people on this thread that have other panels running at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

SB1982 wrote: »
    Aww so close. The numerical was really difficult compared to the sample tests. Don't be disheartened. Other panels will pop up for HSE, Council, Revenue etc. that you can apply for. There are loads of people on this thread that have other panels running at the same time.

Yeah my numerical worked out at 48% and needed 51%.

I already am on the eo (Dublin) panel. The numerical for that was considerably easier.

I just can’t understand why the clerical officer standard seems higher. I know logic isnt the cs strong point...but the standard should match the grade they are recruiting for.

Advertisement