Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Joe222 wrote: »
    Gosh that is awfully disappointing.
    How could only 8 people be placed when you have revenue, social welfare, agriculture, garda stations, courts, teagasc??... etc.

It is crazy when Dublin recruits into the thousands in the oom.

Back in the 2014 campaign I think there was only about 450 people who were placed outside Dublin, Cork, Limerick and Tipperary, numbers thankfully seem to be growing though campaign on campaign, so there is still hope even if it can be a long process.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

I know alot more were placed in Kerry in 2016 campaign than 8. Anyone know how many have been placed so far in Kerry this year if any. I think atleast one has anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

I’m 40 on the panel that went to Dublin in dec and I have heard nothing. I’m returning after taking a career break and I had to re apply

Call them or check your messages cos i know numbers in the 40s have been called BUT they are also on Limerick panel so maybe are being called for that interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

tringle wrote: »
    Call them or check your messages cos i know numbers in the 40s have been called BUT they are also on Limerick panel so maybe are being called for that interview.

I’m 47 in Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

I’m 47 in Limerick

Apparently they’ve called the first 8 for limerick
    I’m in the 30 bracket
    And EAGERLLLLY awaiting the call

• Advertisement

Noseyaf wrote: »
    Apparently they’ve called the first 8 for limerick
    I’m in the 30 bracket
    And EAGERLLLLY awaiting the call
    I was 12 years in limk x

I was 12 years in limk x

Did you enjoy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Snicks

Anyone get placed off Offaly panel

Anyone hear of any placements from Offaly panel?

Did you enjoy it?

Loved it, took the career break and went to England with husband. Left when career break was up and resigned 5 years ago. Biggest mistake I ever made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

Snicks wrote: »
    Anyone hear of any placements from Offaly panel?

i know someone who got placed number 2 on batch 2..how did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Just asking again if anyone here has gotten "The Call" yet for Limerick?
    When I called on Wednesday they had reached #8 on Batch 1 but with 50% mobility 50% open I'm guessing this is why it's moving fairly slowly.

SB1982 wrote: »
    Just asking again if anyone here has gotten "The Call" yet for Limerick?
    When I called on Wednesday they had reached #8 on Batch 1 but with 50% mobility 50% open I'm guessing this is why it's moving fairly slowly.

I’m in early 30s no whisper of anything : (

I’m in early 30s no whisper of anything : (

Thanks for reply.
    I'm in the teens batch 1...no word either. I heard revenue were taking on a large volume of people so thought they'd call people in one big block.

Murzo only got number for Offaly yesterday, top 10. Offaly my first choice, got offered place in Laois so I am trying to figure out if its worth hanging on for Offaly. If I accept Laois am off Offaly panel, but Offaly would suit my house better, but there is no guarantee of lots of placements in Offaly. Did you hear anything about your choices?

Snicks wrote: »
    Murzo only got number for Offaly yesterday, top 10. Offaly my first choice, got offered place in Laois so I am trying to figure out if its worth hanging on for Offaly. If I accept Laois am off Offaly panel, but Offaly would suit my house better, but there is no guarantee of lots of placements in Offaly. Did you hear anything about your choices?

HI Snicks...I did the competition and put down offaly and Westmeath. I would prefer Westmeath and am holding out for that county. DId you phone PAS and enquire about offers for Offaly. All the counties seem to be quiet except for Limerick. Is Laois a big commute for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

Thanks for reply.
    I'm in the teens batch 1...no word either. I heard revenue were taking on a large volume of people so thought they'd call people in one big block.

Im early 20s and was told there are just over 10 ahead of me via e mail.

Murzo will give PAS a buzz on Monday. I phoned in Dec and they said no one had been placed and had no projected figures to give me any idea regarding Offaly. Its not really the distance it's that Offaly easier traffic wise (Portlaoise a real bottle neck) suits school drop and have family and friends going that way for the day the car refuses to start, I could even carpool and save on fuel money, it's entry level money so these little things make a difference. Hope things go right for you and Westmeath comes up for you, is that an easier commute for you?

Im early 20s and was told there are just over 10 ahead of me via e mail.

Oh that's good...maybe things have moved on a small bit since I called them the other day :) Here's hoping! I'm withered from waiting lol...so impatient!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Joe222

Does anyone know what happens re the Irish stream of the recruitment process.

I think I read here before that there is no separate recruiting and that they just make you do an Irish oral test in Dublin along with the other exams. Thus is there any advantage in like being recruited quicker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mur223

any more movement on the kildare panel??

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Paddy93

I failed my interview. Has anyone ever appealed the result? Is it worth trying ?

Paddy93 wrote: »
    I failed my interview. Has anyone ever appealed the result? Is it worth trying ?

Not sure about appealing, but you can ask for interview notes. It was probably the competencies you went down on. Sorry to hear that. Good luck with everything.

I know I failed a public service interview a while back. Was Gutted. I think I looked in to it. I think for civil/public the time frame to do so is very small compared to the private sector. Didn't bother appealing it after as I was already working there as a TCO, and I didn't want to Rock the Boat, incase my Contract would be extended and reference etc. Also i think it may have had to involve a Solicitor So too. Much hassle for me at the time. Definately look in to it anyway.

Paddy93 wrote: »

You should ask for feedback and make a decision then on which competency you went down on. THey do provide feedback so start with that. Sorry to hear that. ITs very disappointing after such a long process.

Paddy I did pass the interview and I put it down to someone currently working in civil service going through questions they may ask and answers they would be looking for. Reapply and find someone who can do this with you.

Has anyone contacted clearance to see stare of affairs in their region. If so how long did it take for them to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Has anyone contacted clearance to see stare of affairs in their region. If so how long did it take for them to respond.

Dont bother emailing them.

Ring PAS. Ask to be put through to the clearance department. When you get put through, let them know what region you are enquiring about and they will forward you to the relevant person who can tell you anything you want to know

Give them a call and ask to be put through to clearance for your chosen county...they’re very helpful and really nice to deal with, and will tell you how many placed do far etc.

Give them a call and ask to be put through to clearance for your chosen county...they’re very helpful and really nice to deal with, and will tell you how many placed do far etc.

Thanks, but I rang them last Thursday and they told me to email the query. Will try ringing again Tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Majorkate2018

Interview results are in. Very happy with my results-nothing under 40

Advertisement