Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marieky21

Any one placed for Westmeath yet. Any one heard anything for Longford have anyone been interviewed

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Goldenkt

Congrats! Applied for Louth myself & curious to know what offices they have there?

Department of social protection, revenue, Garda civilian etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Congrats! Applied for Louth myself & curious to know what offices they have there?

https://hr.per.gov.ie/civil-service-mobility/

The mobility map on this page will probably help you see what's in your chosen counties

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

marieky21 wrote: »
    Any one placed for Westmeath yet. Any one heard anything for Longford have anyone been interviewed

When I rang, they told me that no-one had been placed for Westmeath yet

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Snicks

Laois starting to move folks, anyone hear anything about Offaly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Booklad86

I placed 21st in Cork (after the interview). Anyone know if/when I should be getting a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sibh2018

Booklad86 wrote: »
    I placed 21st in Cork (after the interview). Anyone know if/when I should be getting a call?

Were you in batch 1.1? Or batch 1.2? I Think batch 1.1 is moving fast

Not sure! How do I check which batch? It wasn't mentioned in any of the correspondence I received from the PAS. If it's moving quickly, that's good news at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

Not sure! How do I check which batch? It wasn't mentioned in any of the correspondence I received from the PAS. If it's moving quickly, that's good news at least!

Check the message they sent you for the invite to interview, it'll be on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

On the email you got with your interview results its near the top where they label ( Our Ref ) - your batch number is included in that [ 1.1 / 1.2 / .... ]

• Advertisement

Ah perfect thanks! Found it. Looks like I'm in batch 1.2. Any idea how long it might take to get down to 21st in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sibh2018

Ah perfect thanks! Found it. Looks like I'm in batch 1.2. Any idea how long it might take to get down to 21st in Cork?

Could be Jan/ feb maybe... it depends on what departments put in a request for staff e.g social welfare, revenue and so on.... it really is a waiting game

Thanks for that! After Xmas sometime would be ideal. The only reason I ask is because my current job is doing my head in. Time for a change! 😄 Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭countryliving

hi, anyone know anything about Carlow/Kilkenny? I am (unfortunately) 140 in carlow and 230 in kilkenny. i am waiting to get called to stage 2 (and i could be waiting...).
    best of luck to everyone and i have been reading this thread lot's of people starting out. it is definitely a great achievement to get through all the hurdles to get a role in the civil service.
    this is a great thread. cause it is not easy.
    i am currently working as a TCO.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blubelle18

Snicks wrote: »
    Laois starting to move folks, anyone hear anything about Offaly?

Hi Snicks, any idea what oom they are up to in Laois?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

Should we be expecting our results from the interview to be released this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Should we be expecting our results from the interview to be released this week?

There's no way of knowing really...for Batch 1 it was 2-3 weeks (for me it was 2 but for those interviewed the week before me it was 3).

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dilw2

hi, anyone know anything about Carlow/Kilkenny? I am (unfortunately) 140 in carlow and 230 in kilkenny. i am waiting to get called to stage 2 (and i could be waiting...).
    best of luck to everyone and i have been reading this thread lot's of people starting out. it is definitely a great achievement to get through all the hurdles to get a role in the civil service.
    this is a great thread. cause it is not easy.
    i am currently working as a TCO.

Im in the 150s for Kilkenny (2nd choice) & was called to sit stage 2 this week.
    I'm in the mid 70s for Carlow but nothing for that one,it must be moving very slowly!!

I'm not continuing with this campaign though so not doing stage 2.
    Hopefully you'll hear soon

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

dilw2 wrote: »
    Im in the 150s for Kilkenny (2nd choice) & was called to sit stage 2 this week.
    I'm in the mid 70s for Carlow but nothing for that one,it must be moving very slowly!!

I'm not continuing with this campaign though so not doing stage 2.
    Hopefully you'll hear soon

Carlow filled a lot of vacancies in the WRC and CRO from the 2016 campaign. Not sure if welfare or Garda stations recruited many from 2016. I suspect that is why Carlow is so quiet in this campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BonnieB

Hi, has anyone completed the evetting? How long did it take to be approved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 mariemclt

BonnieB wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone completed the evetting? How long did it take to be approved?

My was less than two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

Getting a call for the job would be a lovely Christmas present....
    C'mon Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Paddy93

I was told we wouldn't hear till after Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

Paddy93 wrote: »
    I was told we wouldn't hear till after Xmas.

Are you talking about hearing back results from interview or hearing about job.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Paddy93

Results from interview

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Majorkate2018

Exactly two weeks today!
    Fingers crossed that we start hearing back soon.

I really was hoping we'd hear before Xmas 😢

Just wondering as I've applied for a clerical job with the ESB, is the ESB considered private or public, and if public, what pay scales and holidays etc are ESB clerical staff entitled to.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Results out already for batch 2 assessments for limerick and tipp. That was fast, only did the assessment last friday and were told it would be january before we heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

tringle wrote: »
    Results out already for batch 2 assessments for limerick and tipp. That was fast, only did the assessment last friday and were told it would be january before we heard.

Did you get results for both counties or just tipp? Like two separtate emails?

Advertisement