Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

podsull1 wrote: »
    SB1982 wrote: »
    Current scale is €23,338 not €24,039???

With the new scale , I was working for the last 3years there do I go up a scale or skip one

Thanks

If your on say point 3. You should be moved to point 3 of new scale on the 1 January. If your due an increment increase two week later, you will be moved up to point 4 of the new scale as you would normally

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

If your on say point 3. You should be moved to point 3 of new scale on the 1 January. If your due an increment increase two week later, you will be moved up to point 4 of the new scale as you would normally

Thanks for that much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Majorkate2018

lamb stew wrote: »
    Anyone that was Interviewed last week do yee have any idea when the result will be out.

I was interviewed on Tuesday. One of the interviewers said that it can be two to three weeks to get the result. He said that brings us right up until Christmas Day ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Hi Anyone know how many were interviewed for Galway or Clare?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Anyone have the supervised tests this week?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

Has anyone been offered anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Noseyaf wrote: »

I am next in line for both of my chosen counties i have been told. I was also told that it would be unlikely I would hear anything this side of Christmas however.

Roll on January 2019 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GMurdoch

Rikand wrote: »
    I am next in line for both of my chosen counties i have been told. I was also told that it would be unlikely I would hear anything this side of Christmas however.

Roll on January 2019 :)

Hi, can I ask if u phoned or emailed and what details you used

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I was offered a job in revenue in Nenagh but they let me defer it was it was 80kms away. Next on list for chosen region.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm next on the list in my region. The person ahead of me is waiting on vetting.
    I won't have to do it as I'm a current civil servant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

Had stage 2 aptitude test yesterday.. everything went well besides the numerical. Literally froze in that part worried I didn’t pass it. Didn’t even get as far as the last two questions. Kicking myself that I didn’t watch the time more. How many questions would I have to get right to pass the numerical?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Skippy21 wrote: »
    Had stage 2 aptitude test yesterday.. everything went well besides the numerical. Literally froze in that part worried I didn’t pass it. Didn’t even get as far as the last two questions. Kicking myself that I didn’t watch the time more. How many questions would I have to get right to pass the numerical?

I wouldn't worry...I was sure I'd failed the numerical coming out of the supervised tests (even though I did a lot of preparation) but in fact I passed and shot up the OOM in both regions. Most people thought the numerical was awful, and much harder than the sample tests, and yet they passed. As far as I am aware it won't impact you negatively if you didn't get them all done but someone might correct me if I'm wrong.

GMurdoch wrote: »
    Hi, can I ask if u phoned or emailed and what details you used

I phoned PAS and asked to be put through to the clearance department. When you get through to Clearance they will ask you for which counties you are applying and they will then forward you on to the relevant person for your chosen counties who will inform you as to your status

SB1982 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry...I was sure I'd failed the numerical coming out of the supervised tests (even though I did a lot of preparation) but in fact I passed and shot up the OOM in both regions. Most people thought the numerical was awful, and much harder than the sample tests, and yet they passed. As far as I am aware it won't impact you negatively if you didn't get them all done but someone might correct me if I'm wrong.

I answered 18/21 questions. My score was the equivalent of having gotten 17 of those 18 questions correct. My ranking went way up after all the tests.

Far better to make sure you have everything correct imo than rushing down aload of wrong answers

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mariemclt

I've been offered position for Tipperary. START date in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dublingirlx

mariemclt wrote: »
    I've been offered position for Tipperary. START date in January.
    Well done, congratulations. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ali1993

Had my interview this morning, interviewers were lovely but genuinely feel like I screwed up. I prepped well but I feel like I did poorly answering about the first two competencies. Gut feeling is I failed, just have to hope they're lenient with marking.

I felt the exact same after my interview for the 2016 campaign! the interviewers were lovely and i messed up on some questions and they had to spoon feed me the answers. I think its done on a score so if you answer other questions well it will balance out I was surprised when i found out i passed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Goldenkt

Just offered job for Louth! Also Kildare is moving!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Waffleturd

Anybody been offered a job for Waterford yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭336699

Goldenkt wrote: »

Congratulations! Did they ring or email?

• Advertisement

336699 wrote: »
    Congratulations! Did they ring or email?

They rang! Dept. social protection in Louth which I accepted. Kildare was for Garda civilian OOM for Kildare was 2

They rang! Dept. social protection in Louth which I accepted. Kildare was for Garda civilian OOM for Kildare was 2

Had you passed through clearence before they called you?

Had you passed through clearence before they called you?

Nope, rang before reference and Garda vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Laraghcon21

Just got a call for Galway! Court services....would anyone have experience or knowledge of this department please? And if the hours are set or not. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Grinchy88

Just got a call for Galway! Court services....would anyone have experience or knowledge of this department please? And if the hours are set or not. Thanks

Congrats! Do you mind i ask what OOM you are? Or even ballpark?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

So Galway, Tipperary, Louth, Kildare, Kerry and I think Cork are all on the move. Anyone heard of anyone in Limerick being appointed yet? When I called last week no one had been offered anything in Limerick yet but maybe it has started moving now too?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Laraghcon21

Grinchy88 wrote: »

Congrats! Do you mind i ask what OOM you are? Or even ballpark?

Thank you. No problem, i was in the top 5.

Would accepting a job on this panel remove me from panels of other campaigns?

Thank you. No problem, i was in the top 5.

Would accepting a job on this panel remove me from panels of other campaigns?

If you had separate campaigns, no.
    If it's other areas on the same campaign, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Linking123!

Congrats! Applied for Louth myself & curious to know what offices they have there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Linking123!

Congrats! Applied for Louth myself & curious to know what offices they have there?

Advertisement