Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 clare3

Hi all, anyone any idea how many jobs will be going in Limerick . Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

clare3 wrote: »
    Hi all, anyone any idea how many jobs will be going in Limerick . Thanks

There's no way of knowing. It depends how many requests are received from PAS for staff across different departments in Limerick, also 50% of jobs on offer for this campaign will be given to existing staff in the Civil Service (mobility transfers) and 50% will be given to candidates from this panel. People are saying that Revenue in Limerick are seeking a lot of new staff but that's just from what I've been reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

Anyone anywhere receive any calls today ?

Hoping this comp gets momentum again

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sibh2018

Booklad86 wrote: »
    Thanks for that! After Xmas sometime would be ideal. The only reason I ask is because my current job is doing my head in. Time for a change! 😄 Thank you!

Book lad did you get any call from pas yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Booklad86

Sibh2018 wrote: »
    Book lad did you get any call from pas yet?

Hey! Nope not a peep yet. Are you waiting for Cork too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 roseycheeks

Hi just wondering if Anybody has done interview for Clare and What number have they reached.Still deciding to wait for Clare or go with Limerick if they reach my number

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

Just heard from a friend not on Boards that Kerry is moving a bit. About 5 or so (including my friend) have been placed. Only one had been taken up to a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

Hi just wondering if Anybody has done interview for Clare and What number have they reached.Still deciding to wait for Clare or go with Limerick if they reach my number

Honestly with 50% mobility I'd be taking Limerick and apply to move them after.

Clare was my first choice but I was interviewed for Limerick (I know the interview carries over) and I am in the top 10 in Clare and I know my place will be on the Limerick panel. I haven't heard of anyone being specifically interviewed for Clare but many people said that if you get offered Limerick to take it as there are few jobs available in Clare, and with the new mobility rule in place there will be even less places available for new entrants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just heard from a friend not on Boards that Kerry is moving a bit. About 5 or so (including my friend) have been placed. Only one had been taken up to a few days ago.

Do you know what their oom was and where they got placed?

• Advertisement

Do you know what their oom was and where they got placed?

Their OOM would have been 1 to 6ish in Batch 1. 1 I would imagine. I actually spoke with them recently Clearance that is, and they say said 1 had been placed and another was under consideration. She told me where, but don't want to identify her. It's Killarney based though.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Hemingway75

Their OOM would have been 1 to 6ish in Batch 1. 1 I would imagine. I actually spoke with them recently Clearance that is, and they say said 1 had been placed and another was under consideration. She told me where, but don't want to identify her. It's Killarney based though.

This is a great thread and discussion. I have found it reassuring knowing people have had concerns, doubts and sometimes confused by the process. I just wanted to ask a question about the the batch numbers.

I have seen people say they are in the top 5, top 10 , teens etc..... However, how does that work.
    For example, is batch 1 , numbered 1.1, 1.2 & 1.3 or are they different batches?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

This is a great thread and discussion. I have found it reassuring knowing people have had concerns, doubts and sometimes confused by the process. I just wanted to ask a question about the the batch numbers.

I have seen people say they are in the top 5, top 10 , teens etc..... However, how does that work.
    For example, is batch 1 , numbered 1.1, 1.2 & 1.3 or are they different batches?

Batch one will say take the first ten so people receive a number one through to ten. Then the next ten for example will go into batch 2. So if you for example get placed at number 2 in batch two then you are effectively number 12. Comprendez??

Murzo wrote: »
    Batch one will say take the first ten so people receive a number one through to ten. Then the next ten for example will go into batch 2. So if you for example get placed at number 2 in batch two then you are effectively number 12. Comprendez??

Thanks for your reply Murzo. But you did not answer the question I asked.
    Which was how does the number relate to the batch you are part of.
    As I said, example 1.1, 1.2 & 1.3 etc..

But thank you for replying..

Batch 1.1 would be the first group of candidates to be placed in Batch 1
    Batch 1.2 would be the 2nd group to be placed from Batch 1
    No one knows how many people are in each batch except PAS...the number of candidates per batch can vary and there is no set number.

If I were say Number 12 in Batch 1.1 that would mean I would be the 12th person to be placed from Batch 1. or If I were 5 in batch 1.2 that would mean I would be 5th to be placed in Batch 1.2

I'm not sure if I answered your question...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Geranium40

Hi
    has anyone been offered any jobs from the Meath panel. I was interviewed at end of October and moved up to 36 on the panel, but have heard nothing yet. They don't have any system for checking on how it is progressing.
    Thanks

SB1982 wrote: »
    Batch 1.1 would be the first group of candidates to be placed in Batch 1
    Batch 1.2 would be the 2nd group to be placed from Batch 1
    No one knows how many people are in each batch except PAS...the number of candidates per batch can vary and there is no set number.

If I were say Number 12 in Batch 1.1 that would mean I would be the 12th person to be placed from Batch 1. or If I were 5 in batch 1.2 that would mean I would be 5th to be placed in Batch 1.2

I'm not sure if I answered your question...

Thank you SB1982.. That does answer my question.
    So that would mean if you are in 1.3, you are in the third group from batch one..
    I wonder how groups are in each batch .

So when you say placed, that means where they are on the panel. Not that they have gotten the job yet .

Thanks again for your reply SB1982

Here is hoping we all get called soon .
    I wonder where they are at in Limerick or Clare?

Apologies Hemingway75. Nobody knows how many go into each batch. For example I think there was seven in batch 1 for Offaly and 10 in batch 1 for Westmeath. Therefore if you happen to be in batch one say for Offaly and are placed 5th then you are postion 5 in batch 1.1. If there is another seven called for Offlay after they have allocated the first seven places then you are now placed in batch 1.2 and get numbered depending how you scored out of the next seven. There are different amounts of people in the batches depending on the county.

Apologies Hemingway75. Nobody knows how many go into each batch. For example I think there was seven in batch 1 for Offaly and 10 in batch 1 for Westmeath. Therefore if you happen to be in batch one say for Offaly and are placed 5th then you are postion 5 in batch 1.1. If there is another seven called for Offlay after they have allocated the first seven places then you are now placed in batch 1.2 and get numbered depending how you scored out of the next seven. There are different amounts of people in the batches depending on the county.

No worries Murzo, thank you for replying.

I understand it now .

Best of luck.i hope you get called soon for your area..

No worries Murzo, thank you for replying.

I understand it now .

Best of luck.i hope you get called soon for your area..

Just ring and enquire. They are very helpful.

• Advertisement

Just ring and enquire. They are very helpful.

SEems to be little or no movement at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

SEems to be little or no movement at the moment.

Civil service lads. There'll be nothing moving till middle of next week at the earliest ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Rikand wrote: »
    Civil service lads. There'll be nothing moving till middle of next week at the earliest ;)

I just got a call. Kerry is moving. There is another vacancy available as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Booklad86

I called and the guy said they were down to number 16 (in Batch 1.1) for Cork and he said there were 30 ahead of me (I'm 21st in Batch 1.2) . So that must mean there's around 25-30 in Batch 1.1. It took a few weeks (give or take) to get down to 16th in Batch 1.1, so at that rate it could be another month or two before I hear anything.

I just got a call. Kerry is moving. There is another vacancy available as well.

I tried PM you but it said you've exceeded your stored messages. You need to delete some for me to message you 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roseycheeks

SB1982 wrote: »
    Clare was my first choice but I was interviewed for Limerick (I know the interview carries over) and I am in the top 10 in Clare and I know my place will be on the Limerick panel. I haven't heard of anyone being specifically interviewed for Clare but many people said that if you get offered Limerick to take it as there are few jobs available in Clare, and with the new mobility rule in place there will be even less places available for new entrants.

I here what your saying but surely things will be different now with Clare if only 50% of the jobs are mobilty will they hire the other 50% straight from the panel. Previously for Clare you could not get a job directly from the panel in say Revenue or Social Welfare for example as all vacant positions were filled by mobility only.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Grinchy88

For anyone waiting on Galway - I emailed them today and they said that they have a large volume of candidates to place and it could be a few weeks before they reach my place. I'm in the top 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

I here what your saying but surely things will be different now with Clare if only 50% of the jobs are mobilty will they hire the other 50% straight from the panel. Previously for Clare you could not get a job directly from the panel in say Revenue or Social Welfare for example as all vacant positions were filled by mobility only.
    That's could still be the same though. With other places being offered to the open panel. Take a look at the 2016 thread and see how many offers were made in clare. Because the amount from mobility is higher this time round if I'm understanding correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Cork888

Booklad86 wrote: »
    I called and the guy said they were down to number 16 (in Batch 1.1) for Cork and he said there were 30 ahead of me (I'm 21st in Batch 1.2) . So that must mean there's around 25-30 in Batch 1.1. It took a few weeks (give or take) to get down to 16th in Batch 1.1, so at that rate it could be another month or two before I hear anything.

Im doing interview for cork 2.1 next week. You dont have any idea how many in total are in 1.2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 south82

Got my starting date today, three weeks time.
    I heard from a guy that was interviewed for the temporary panel that between 10 to 15 will be assigned from the permanent panel.

Advertisement