Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the Best Burger in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

sweetie wrote: »
    Wow, so my main recommendation (On the Pig's back) you haven't even tried?
    I didn't say anything about that place did I? It's also nowhere near the other places.
    PHX you haven't tried either and it's nothing like a big dry meatball.
    I sat across from someone eating it, I have eyes and have seen a meatball before. Furthermore, you'll be surprised to learn that I have ears when the person said "it's dry as ****" I responded... "looks it". When offered to try some, I declined because it looked bad. Can't even remember what I had if I'm honest, I just remember the person I was with had a ****ty burger.
    How long ago since you were in Woof, it's changed ownerships since it first opened.
    I worked in the area when it first opened, I think it might have been better when it first opened. I haven't been there in 2 years because (a) I don't work in that area anymore (b) there are plenty of better options if you are in that area.
    I also said Oscars had disimproved.
    It was always bad, if you're saying it's worse fine... why bother commenting on me saying it's awful?
    Chili Shack is fine but I prefer the other local options to me.
    I'm not here to advocate for Chili Shack - I have no horse in the race, I'm just saying in my experience your advice is wrong and people should be aware of the alternate opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I love chili shack but when it's delivered, everything is soggy from the condensation going on in the bag/boxes. Still good but eating in the restaurant is ideal.

Dead right, those cardboard boxes they use destroy the food. Token was the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

maximoose wrote: »
    MarkY91 wrote: »
    I love chili shack but when it's delivered, everything is soggy from the condensation going on in the bag/boxes. Still good but eating in the restaurant is ideal.

Dead right, those cardboard boxes they use destroy the food. Token was the same.

Yeah it's definitely the cardboard boxes. Not sure if it really affects the burger but it destroys the chips and wings

It's less than a 5 minute deliveroo drive to the GFs place too so I can only imagine how bad they arrive for people ordering from a further distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

BlockBurger is tasty. Good variety of burgers and the onion rings are good too.
    Weird location though in the East Point Business Park. The bar is nice enough.
    Collection/Eat in 2 for 1 burgers on Sat/Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Really like counter in Dundrum.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Good time to bump this thread because there is a new contender in town. It is a Korean fried chicken place called Chimac on Aungier Street a few doors up from Darwins restaurant. They only do chicken burgers and they do them extremely well. I had the K-BBQ burger there yesterday and I can honestly say it is one of the best burgers Ive ever had. The chicken they use is all free range and the coating on it is absolutely divine. Highly recommended, check it out https://www.chimac.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Buy one get one free for National Burger day tomorrow, not too many of the places mentioned here on it I think.
    https://www.nationalburgerday.ie/map/

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Good time to bump this thread because there is a new contender in town. It is a Korean fried chicken place called Chimac on Aungier Street a few doors up from Darwins restaurant. They only do chicken burgers and they do them extremely well. I had the K-BBQ burger there yesterday and I can honestly say it is one of the best burgers Ive ever had. The chicken they use is all free range and the coating on it is absolutely divine. Highly recommended, check it out https://www.chimac.ie/

Well they look and sound bloody delicious, reckon I'll be up there at lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Muahahaha wrote: »

I was there last week. The food there is savage. The chicken burger is the best I’ve had, and the chips were brilliant too. I’d also recommend the wings.

I was there last week. The food there is savage. The chicken burger is the best I’ve had, and the chips were brilliant too. I’d also recommend the wings.

Yeah the chicken burger is a thing of beauty, the different flavours in it work so well together and the chicken itself is top drawer and that coating, I could have eaten a plate of that alone :D Definitely gonna go back and check out the wings, they seem a bargain too at 6 for €6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,211 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Hard to beat mad egg for a chicken burger

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

A piece of chicken in bread is a chicken sandwich, it’s not a burger. Not now, not ever. Not ok my watch.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Strongly agreed. Definitely the best meat-between-bread thing I've had in Dublin in quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Singer wrote: »
    Strongly agreed. Definitely the best meat-between-bread thing I've had in Dublin in quite some time.

Who are you guys? The EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

gmisk wrote: »
    Hard to beat mad egg for a chicken burger

Mad Egg has been the best for a chicken burger for a while now, but Chimac sounds and looks very good. I’ll be in there as soon as I’m back on my feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Anyone tried this new Leon place in Temple Bar, where Eager Beaver used to be?

They do Chicken Burgers and Veggie Burgers (The Love Burger):
    2018.11.21-vegan_mac44247-300x300.jpg

https://leon.co/ie/menu/all-day/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jeannae

Chimac is great

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Haven't tried the one in Temple Bar, but have tried a few times in UK (mostly at airports)

Distinctively average.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

maximoose wrote: »
    Haven't tried the one in Temple Bar, but have tried a few times in UK (mostly at airports)

Distinctively average.

Plenty over here. Fine for a quick, reasonably healthy lunch. Nothing memorable on the burger front.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Went to Chimac last night, it was extremely nice. Got there at about 7.15 and had a 30 minute wait so went to The Long Hall for a pint.

Music in the place is loud and aimed at the young folk, plus it's obviously not the sort of place they want you hanging around too long, high turnover of tables.

Service was good considering they were very busy, and the food itself was lovely, I had the Sammie Burger, the chicken piece itself was very big, about 2 inches out of the burger each end. Chips also lovely, nice and crispy and decent portion for 3.50.

Definitely recommend.

• Advertisement

Music in the place is loud and aimed at the young folk, plus it's obviously not the sort of place they want you hanging around too long, high turnover of tables.

Yeah the absence of hot coffee on their menu tells you they dont want people lingering after they've eaten. I dont mind that as I like going elsewhere for a coffee after a meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Chimac is grand. The chicken in Mad Egg is nicer imo.

Nice staff and good service though. Would go again but all the praise if pure hyperbole.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,066 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Went to chimac at the weekend, ive had better zinger burgers from kfc. Sloppy burger, tasteless chicken, weird flavours, chips were pretty crap too. Disappointing

Also "chimaek" in korea has nothing to do with burgers - its fried chicken pieces (with bones) in a variety of sauces and lashings of cheap weak beer. Its also not greasy whereas the burger i had was pretty heavy on the batter. Also, 5€ for a small can of craft beer doesnt lean much to the "maek" part of the experience

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Sitting here in Chimac, had the 4in1 chicken burger (8.95) and thought it was fabulous. Didn't bother with a side.

Can of coke for 2.25 is fairly racey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Just had “the Classic” from Chimac and found it disappointing tbh. Couldn’t really taste anything other than the overpowering hot sauce that seems to be on all of the burgers.

I think in future I’d save myself the energy and just go to Wing It a few doors down..or even Boojum!

Just had “the Classic” from Chimac and found it disappointing tbh. Couldn’t really taste anything other than the overpowering hot sauce that seems to be on all of the burgers.

I think in future I’d save myself the energy and just go to Wing It a few doors down..or even Boojum!

I haven't been to Wing It even though it's across the road from where i work during the week. Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

humberklog wrote: »
    I haven't been to Wing It even though it's across the road from where i work during the week. Any good?

Yeah, Wing It is very good. Kinda pricey like Chimac but they have a much better menu

Had the K-BBQ burger in Chimac the other day and found it excellent. Place was packed, afterwards passed by Five Guys and there was only six people inside the entire shop. This was at 7.30pm on a sunny evening. Was wondering if their high prices are beginning to bite them, especially when you can get just as good quality in Bunsen and Wowburger nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭trellheim

That 5 Guys is ridiculously bad, the things you want from a five guys - gigantic large fries and a semi-decent large cheesy burger just simply are not present any more . THAT said none of the burger joints in town seem to want to see things that way. You'd get more fries in a kebab shop usually that a burger sit down, only that place in Sandymount seemed to come close recently, it seems to be something to do with food cost

• Advertisement

trellheim wrote: »
    That 5 Guys is ridiculously bad, the things you want from a five guys - gigantic large fries and a semi-decent large cheesy burger just simply are not present any more . THAT said none of the burger joints in town seem to want to see things that way. You'd get more fries in a kebab shop usually that a burger sit down, only that place in Sandymount seemed to come close recently, it seems to be something to do with food cost

Gotta say a large fries puts me off the meal. A small handful as a dressing on the side is plenty for me.

Advertisement