Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the Best Burger in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Had a burger in Abra in city centre earlier. Very average.

Salad wasn't great. Too much red sauce and burger itself bog standard frozen type.

Burger and chips was almost a tenner. Bit of a ripoff

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Had a burger in Abra in city centre earlier. Very average.

Salad wasn't great. Too much red sauce and burger itself big standard frozen type.

Burger and chips was almost a tenner. Bit of a ripoff

abra is terrible, i came home bananas drunk recently and they were the only lot open.

when i opened the door to the driver he had my food on top of the my bins waiting for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

mrmorgan wrote: »
    abra is terrible, i came home bananas drunk recently and they were the only lot open.

when i opened the door to the driver he had my food on top of the my bins waiting for me!!

I’d never go to abra again.
    Recently went to the one in dame st during the afternoon.

Customer service is non existent. Sour and down right unfriendly. The food was slop. A donor and a chicken kebab. Donor was ok. Chicken was atrocious. Had to throw it out. The chicken was just filth. I really wanted to put their window in and hadn’t touch a drop of drink. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I ordered an Abrakebabra the other week. Everything about it was vile. It was probably the worst fast food I've ever had. Simply disgusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I’d never go to abra again.
    Recently went to the one in dame st during the afternoon.

Customer service is non existent. Sour and down right unfriendly. The food was slop. A donor and a chicken kebab. Donor was ok. Chicken was atrocious. Had to throw it out. The chicken was just filth. I really wanted to put their window in and hadn’t touch a drop of drink. Never again.

It was the dame Street branch I was in yest. And yes customer service was bad but the burger was worse !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Class of 82

The Generator Hostel in Smithfield. Fantastic burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭trellheim

I did not know that. Somewhere else to try !

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Had a burger here just before Christmas, was absolutely delicious. Was the BBQ one, reasonable price and filled me before my night of drinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,107 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Went to five guys on georges st earlier, dont think ive been in one since canada about 6 years ago. Knew it would be expensive, but it is definitely not as good as i remember. Cajun chips were rank as well.

My curiosity satisfied, will return to bunsen/wowburger/rockets/bobo's ahead of it next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Tried Chilli shack tonight and was very underwhelmed, was grand but nothing above average. Bujo still top for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 babamaal

How has this thread got to 20 pages without mentioning Featherblade on Dawson Street? Are they too fancy? Their lunchtime burger is the best I have ever had, in Ireland or anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Best burger I've had was in pigeon house in delgany. That's wickla but there's one in clontarf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

babamaal wrote: »
    How has this thread got to 20 pages without mentioning Featherblade on Dawson Street? Are they too fancy? Their lunchtime burger is the best I have ever had, in Ireland or anywhere else.

I had it before, it was grand. Spose if you prefer a smokier burger it might be up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Resurrecting an old thread but myself and herself were in Bison Bar on the Quays this afternoon for a post blood donation meal - she got the Bacon Cheese Burger!

The burger itself was delicious, really nicely cooked and that! The bacon was lovely. The brioche bun was tasty (I avoided the cheese when having a taste).

11 quid for a burger and a side! Can't go wrong with that!

Resurrecting an old thread but myself and herself were in Bison Bar on the Quays this afternoon for a post blood donation meal - she got the Bacon Cheese Burger!

The burger itself was delicious, really nicely cooked and that! The bacon was lovely. The brioche bun was tasty (I avoided the cheese when having a taste).

11 quid for a burger and a side! Can't go wrong with that!

Is that the bar you walk through to get to wow burger?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I had a cracking burger in Ashton’s in Clonskeagh the other day. 2 nice juicy patty’s bacon and cheese. It was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Is that the bar you walk through to get to wow burger?

Bison Bar is directly next door to the Workman's Club where Wowburger is.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭beerpong

Not sure if mentioned but bujo in sandymount is a good one. Much preferred it to bunson!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I might have mentioned it before but 'On the pigs back' on Capel st (near parnell st junction) does a great burger, not too big and messy and their sweet potatoe fries are to die for and will feed two people. Also PHX bistro and Woof in smithfield have really good burgers too. Oscars in smithfield used to be really good but the last time I went I was underwhelmed. All much better than the aforementioned Chili shack though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

sweetie wrote: »
    I might have mentioned it before but 'On the pigs back' on Capel st (near parnell st junction) does a great burger, not too big and messy and their sweet potatoe fries are to die for and will feed two people. Also PHX bistro and Woof in smithfield have really good burgers too. Oscars in smithfield used to be really good but the last time I went I was underwhelmed. All much better than the aforementioned Chili shack though.
    Couldn't disagree with this review more tbh. Depends on what kind of "burger" you're looking for I guess, but I'm guessing you'd be a fan of GBK/Bobos/Jo'Burger

• Advertisement

Couldn't disagree with this review more tbh. Depends on what kind of "burger" you're looking for I guess, but I'm guessing you'd be a fan of GBK/Bobos/Jo'Burger

No actually, I'm not. I tried GBK/Jo'Burger once, Bobos I only have a chicken burger on the rare occasion I go there. What part do you disagree with?

No actually, I'm not. I tried GBK/Jo'Burger once, Bobos I only have a chicken burger on the rare occasion I go there. What part do you disagree with?
    The entire thing if I'm honest.

Wuff is fine, nothing special any time I've eaten there.

PHX Bistro is somewhere I've only been once, didn't have a burger but someone I was with did and it looked pretty much like Jo'burger style, a big dry meatball.

Oscars - I've never eaten anything remotely serviceable there.

Chili Shack - had it delivered a couple of times and only had one occasion where it was not great, but still better than any of the above.

Passenger wrote: »
    Bison Bar is directly next door to the Workman's Club where Wowburger is.

New "restaurant" part to Bison is nice! First time in there - comfy as f*ck seats!

New "restaurant" part to Bison is nice! First time in there - comfy as f*ck seats!
    Where is it, back in the part that you used to climb through that window to get through?

Where is it, back in the part that you used to climb through that window to get through?

Just before that window there's now an entrance on the left (used to be a small seating/table) which enters into the new restaurant (google maps says it was Picture Rooms).

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3455249,-6.2663076,3a,75y,166.6h,90.91t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1syGKHJdbM-zGtp0QOdrJqAw!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo1.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DyGKHJdbM-zGtp0QOdrJqAw%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D274.9694%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100

PHX Bistro is somewhere I've only been once, didn't have a burger but someone I was with did and it looked pretty much like Jo'burger style, a big dry meatball.

Chili Shack - had it delivered a couple of times and only had one occasion where it was not great, but still better than any of the above.

Wow, so my main recommendation (On the Pig's back) you haven't even tried? PHX you haven't tried either and it's nothing like a big dry meatball. How long ago since you were in Woof, it's changed ownerships since it first opened. I also said Oscars had disimproved. Chili Shack is fine but I prefer the other local options to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭trellheim

I see the Great Burger Wars are on again

I love chili shack but when it's delivered, everything is soggy from the condensation going on in the bag/boxes. Still good but eating in the restaurant is ideal.

I love chili shack but when it's delivered, everything is soggy from the condensation going on in the bag/boxes. Still good but eating in the restaurant is ideal.

• Advertisement

trellheim wrote: »
    I see the Great Burger Wars are on again
    I honestly couldn't give a ****, but bad recommendations are bad recommendations. No accounting for taste I guess, but I can't not comment on someone recommending some of the worst restaurants in that area!

Advertisement