Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the Best Burger in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Was a fairly frequent visitor too, although the last burger I had there was quite disappointing compared to previous efforts. But they had good lunch deals with plenty of other nice offerings. It was always quiet though. Sad I didn't get to go again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 143 ✭✭Ready4Boarding

ixoy wrote: »
    Was a fairly frequent visitor too, although the last burger I had there was quite disappointing compared to previous efforts. But they had good lunch deals with plenty of other nice offerings. It was always quiet though. Sad I didn't get to go again.

It's as though you had a row with your partner right before they died in a car crash. You'll be forever wishing you could relive that day!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Had the cheese and bacon burger in Featherblade during the week. Incredible burger. Better than Bunsen or Bujo imo. Real heart attack inducing stuff, but that’s what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Devastated (well, relatively speaking) to see that Bread and Bones in the Italian Quarter has closed. Their chorizo-infused Pandero burger was one of my all-time favourites. A sad day.

Bread and Bones being gutted the last few days with something new definitely planned (looks to be two pages of designs on the inside of the window for the builders/fitters).

Bread and Bones being gutted the last few days with something new definitely planned (looks to be two pages of designs on the inside of the window for the builders/fitters).

Signage up for Leon IRL in the window just now, assuming it's the same as Temple Bar place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

Block Burger East Point Business Park. The Mannix burger specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

The Korean chicken burger in Ruin is a very fine burger

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i had a pink inside beef burger in prague .....knew i risked a bout of illness but man it was awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Everytime I see this thread bubble back up, I'm reminded how much I miss Jo'Burger. Would murder a lamb zondi right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Everytime I see this thread bubble back up, I'm reminded how much I miss Jo'Burger. Would murder a lamb zondi right now.

i like a nice morrocan lamb burger meself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭scoobydude

Going off piste here, but Mad Egg do a mighty fine chicken burger!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

I believe Handsome Burger have a stall in Dublin castle for the christmas markets, supposed to be unreal
    https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/galway-restaurant-wins-award-for-best-burger-in-ireland-1.3930875

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I believe Handsome Burger have a stall in Dublin castle for the christmas markets, supposed to be unreal
    https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/galway-restaurant-wins-award-for-best-burger-in-ireland-1.3930875

Had one at their stall in eat yard just after they won the award and was very unimpressed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i'm from down west and tried handsome burger a few times. it's shocking overhyped. word is they were giving free burgers for people to vote for their burger online!

not a patch on bunsen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Have never been to Bunsen so would probably say wow burger is my favourite. It’s similar priced to Eddie rockets but I much prefer its burger, shake and chilli fries meal over ERs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭scoobydude

Have never been to Bunsen so would probably say wow burger is my favourite. It’s similar priced to Eddie rockets but I much prefer its burger, shake and chilli fries meal over ERs.

Amazing taco fries in WB as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

scoobydude wrote: »
    Amazing taco fries in WB as well

Yep I think that is what I meant. I think their taco/chilli fries are the same. The menu isn’t huge and I always get those same chips and burger and vary on the shake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Had one at their stall in eat yard just after they won the award and was very unimpressed

I had it a couple of times in eatyard as well and didn't see what the big deal was. It was nice enough but nothing to write home about. Couldn't particularly taste the beef as anything unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Burger Cartel burger van that's at the Mespil Road market on Thursdays. Hands down the best burger in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Just found out that the chili shack has closed down. By far the best burger in Dublin. So annoyed with this news!!

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Just found out that the chili shack has closed down. By far the best burger in Dublin. So annoyed with this news!!

Used to drive past it a lot and it never seemed busy, usually empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

MarkY91 wrote: »

They only posted to their Twitter yesterday and never mentioned closing. Must've been sudden. TBH I haven't eaten there since they jacked up their prices last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but Block Burger in Clontarf is meant to be unreal, pretty sure it won best burger in Ireland there this year.
    Dq_MyhkW4AA3Tb2.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Passenger wrote: »
    They only posted to their Twitter yesterday and never mentioned closing. Must've been sudden.

Was in there last week and they had a sign on the counter saying they were closing down, but I don't know how long it had been there. Tasty burgers, and even though I was only an infrequent customer, I'll miss them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

simon360 wrote: »
    Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but Block Burger in Clontarf is meant to be unreal, pretty sure it won best burger in Ireland there this year.
    Dq_MyhkW4AA3Tb2.jpg:large

Am I the only one that feels like the burger should actually fit into my mouth for the bite, maybe with some difficulty but I should be able to take a full bit from top to bottom on the side. That thing looks like it needs to be pulled apart or eaten using a knife and fork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

Never needed cutlery to go at mine =-D

Zaph wrote: »
    Was in there last week and they had a sign on the counter saying they were closing down, but I don't know how long it had been there. Tasty burgers, and even though I was only an infrequent customer, I'll miss them.

Definitely closed when I passed today and yesterday - a sign up on the door and both windows. The pharmacy next door moved across to road to what used to be Cotto next to the Manor Takeaway so maybe some development happening which may be why they're shutting shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Am I the only one that feels like the burger should actually fit into my mouth for the bite, maybe with some difficulty but I should be able to take a full bit from top to bottom on the side. That thing looks like it needs to be pulled apart or eaten using a knife and fork.

Agreed. In fact I was in a 'gastropub' last week and fancied a burger but the only option they had was a half pounder, likely to justify their 17 quid price. I should have known better but I ordered it anyway and still find a half pound of meat is just too disproportionate to the amount of bread. At home I always make 1/3 pound/150g which is just the right amount imo. A half pounder at 225g just feels like all meat and little bun and doesnt make for a good burger imo. Half pounders should be left to the 2am post pub nosh up.

Anyway shame that Chili Shack are closed, I hadnt been in a good while as Im rarely in Stoneybatter but am surprised that the local community there couldnt sustain it. I wonder will they open up elsewhere? Probably not given commercial rents now in Dublin. You'd also wonder what will go into that unit if a burger shop in a suburb with a lot of young people could not survive. At least their Galway place is still on the go so they're not out of the game just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyway shame that Chili Shack are closed, I hadnt been in a good while as Im rarely in Stoneybatter but am surprised that the local community there couldnt sustain it. I wonder will they open up elsewhere? Probably not given commercial rents now in Dublin. At least their Galway place is still on the go so they're not out of the game just yet.

Yeah, the one in Galway is still open. The sign they have up suggests people should try it if they're in that neck of the woods. I've been there and it's just as good as the one in Stoneybatter was.

Advertisement