Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the Best Burger in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭trellheim

The poutine+chili fries were my secret comfort food ( well not really secret) in the chilli shack. Gutted its gone thats the best burger in Dublin gone with it. FK sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Zaph wrote: »
    Was in there last week and they had a sign on the counter saying they were closing down, but I don't know how long it had been there. Tasty burgers, and even though I was only an infrequent customer, I'll miss them.

I was in there about two week ago or just under. We ordered the chili cheese dog and the guy said they can't serve them as they're currently negotiating hotdog prices with their supplier. Maybe a clue into why they closed down.

I'd walk past 2/3 times per week at random hours. Didn't matter what time or day it was, it was randomly packed or randomly empty.

A better location choice by the owners in Dublin city centre and it would 100% be Dublin's greatest burger instead of that ****e Bunsen that's mentioned here so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I was in there about two week ago or just under. We ordered the chili cheese dog and the guy said they can't serve them as they're currently negotiating hotdog prices with their supplier. Maybe a clue into why they closed down.

I'd walk past 2/3 times per week at random hours. Didn't matter what time or day it was, it was randomly packed or randomly empty.

A better location choice by the owners in Dublin city centre and it would 100% be Dublin's greatest burger instead of that ****e Bunsen that's mentioned here so often.

Bunsen is far far better than chilli shack. The food was desperate in there and not surprised they closed. It was all greasy deep fried fake American crap.

Bunsen is far far better than chilli shack. The food was desperate in there and not surprised they closed. It was all greasy deep fried fake American crap.

As a long time customer of both, Chili Shack outshone bunsen by a mile.

I pity your taste buds :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Never went to chilli shack but if you think Bunsen is ****e you've no business posting on this thread tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

Five Guys on George's Street for their burger alone. Had one there before Christmas and thought it was the best burger I ever had. Expensive though at around €10. €20 total including a tonne of chips and shake.

Ballso wrote: »
    Never went to chilli shack but if you think Bunsen is ****e you've no business posting on this thread tbh

Tried it 3 times. Left the restaurant shocked at how average it was every time.

Fine, you don't have to like everything. Bunsen do an excellent burger though, so people will now ignore your ridiculous opinions.

In your opinion. Bunsen is meh ( only been to wexford st and temple bar ones tho ). Thats my opinion.

• Advertisement

Fine, you don't have to like everything. Bunsen do an excellent burger though, so people will now ignore your ridiculous opinions.

And I find yours equally as ridiculous. Calm down. Go have a walk FFS.

trellheim wrote: »
    In your opinion. Bunsen is meh ( only been to wexford st and temple bar ones tho ). Thats my opinion.

This other lad thinks it's "****e" though. Utter nonsense.

I haven't had every burger in Dublin and I'm sure theres a better one, but anyone who thinks Bunsen do a ****e burger deserves to have their stupid opinion disregarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,223 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Sure you did buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭listermint

This other lad thinks it's "****e" though. Utter nonsense.

I haven't had every burger in Dublin and I'm sure theres a better one, but anyone who thinks Bunsen do a ****e burger deserves to have their stupid opinion disregarded.

It's a burger.

Relax.....

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

And I find yours equally as ridiculous. Calm down. Go have a walk FFS.
    Your comments were ridiculous though, at first you said
    Iinstead of that ****e Bunsen that's mentioned here so often.
    No info given as to what was wrong. So I presumed this was just being a contrarian. Hyperbole crap "lets bad mouth the place people like, sick of hearing about it" just like "heineken is by far the worst beer I have ever tasted, would rather drink dog piss", "heinz ketchup is satans scutter". Like assholes who give films 1/10 on imdb to knock them down a peg or 2 even though they genuinely would give 5 or 6/10.
    Then that comment ^^ confirmed I was right. Went 3 fcuking times!!! hahahaa, and the review goes from ****e to average...

If people have negative review please state why, what you do not like e.g. thick or rare burgers, brioche bun, bready bun -others might love.

rubadub wrote: »
    Your comments were ridiculous though, at first you said

No info given as to what was wrong. So I presumed this was just being a contrarian. Hyperbole crap "lets bad mouth the place people like, sick of hearing about it" just like "heineken is by far the worst beer I have ever tasted, would rather drink dog piss", "heinz ketchup is satans scutter". Like assholes who give films 1/10 on imdb to knock them down a peg or 2 even though they genuinely would give 5 or 6/10.

Then that comment ^^ confirmed I was right. Went 3 fcuking times!!! hahahaa, and the review goes from ****e to average...

If people have negative review please state why, what you do not like e.g. thick or rare burgers, brioche bun, bready bun -others might love.

Every 'best' food thread has these gourmands proclaiming the latest place to become popular because they sell good food '****e'. Clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Every 'best' food thread has these gourmands proclaiming the latest place to become popular because they sell good food '****e'. Clowns.

Equally it has people on the other end of the spectrum almost tantric in their ridiculous obsessive worked up posts about a burger.

The internet has alot to answer for...

listermint wrote: »
    Equally it has people on the other end of the spectrum almost tantric in their ridiculous obsessive worked up posts about a burger.

The internet has alot to answer for...

Wtf are you on about? "Worked-up"? I think you are confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Tried Five Guys recently , the interior is a bit Spartan but they do a helluva burger.

Tried Five Guys recently , the interior is a bit Spartan but they do a helluva burger.

Not a bad burger BUT its not a real 5 Guys experience as even the medium fries should need a haversack to contain . but its mickey D size fries

Go to a US Five guys and you need the backpack lol and a waddle out the door .

Do they do a good burger - for sure - do they do the 5 guys experience - hell no , theres a reason they are a chain in the US

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

trellheim wrote: »
    Not a bad burger BUT its not a real 5 Guys experience as even the medium fries should need a haversack to contain . but its mickey D size fries

Go to a US Five guys and you need the backpack lol and a waddle out the door .

Do they do a good burger - for sure - do they do the 5 guys experience - hell no , theres a reason they are a chain in the US

To be fair, they had good fries but I wasn't there for them .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Love Five Guys. Portions are epic though.
    Also like Bunsen.
    As an obscure one, Douglas and Kaldi in Ashtown used to do an absolute cracking burger. Haven't had it in a year or two so no idea if it's still any good but I was really surprised there first time I had it. Nice bun, the patty was nice and thick and juicy, blue cheese topping with bacon and onions. Definitely hit the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 28 SilverFox2

Heroditas wrote: »
    Love Five Guys. Portions are epic though.
    Also like Bunsen.
    As an obscure one, Douglas and Kaldi in Ashtown used to do an absolute cracking burger. Haven't had it in a year or two so no idea if it's still any good but I was really surprised there first time I had it. Nice bun, the patty was nice and thick and juicy, blue cheese topping with bacon and onions. Definitely hit the spot

Captain Americas all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

SilverFox2 wrote: »
    Captain Americas all the way

Big Al's burgers served for big money!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 SilverFox2

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Big Al's burgers served for big money!

Thanks for the tip. must try

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Am I the only one that feels like the burger should actually fit into my mouth for the bite, maybe with some difficulty but I should be able to take a full bit from top to bottom on the side. That thing looks like it needs to be pulled apart or eaten using a knife and fork.

I'm with you here. Lots of burgers are getting taller. They should be getting flatter and wider.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Hard to bate the 5oz from Supermacs.
    Anyone that disagrees with me can go fcuk yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Casey78 wrote: »
    Hard to bate the 5oz from Supermacs.
    Anyone that disagrees with me can go fcuk yourself.

Ugh!!

Cienciano wrote: »
    I'm with you here. Lots of burgers are getting taller. They should be getting flatter and wider.

Really? Most of the good ones seem compact enough? (Bunsen, wow, box, handsome etc.)

The last generation of burgers like BoBos etc were more guilty of this I think, the burgers were more about the toppings than the beef

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Ugh!!

I'd tell you to go f yourself but apparently there are sensitive people on here that don't like a bit of banter!!
    Who knew people would be so offended over burgers!

Advertisement