Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the Best Burger in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Recent Blockburger scoffing has changed my opinion on them. Somebody has had the bright idea to slather enormous amounts of ketchup and mustard on them, drowning everything and adding them to the spill down the front of your shirt brigade. Very disappointing. For me, their secret used to be the way they had 'just' the right amount of sauces to enhance the burger. Now they're just meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

spurious wrote: »
    For me, their secret used to be the way they had 'just' the right amount of sauces to enhance the burger. Now they're just meh.

I would rather get too much than too little, as I can always scrape it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Always been saying Bunsen is the best, now after trying BuJo in Sandymount my tastebuds have been swayed. Go down and try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Had another wow burger last week and it was perfection.

Pickles, raw onion, jalapeño, wow sauce and hot sauce. Mouths watering just thinking of it!

Ordered using bamboo and made it to the place late so my chips were sitting in a closed box making them all soggy and tasteless but I'm putting that down to my fault being late.

€5 off on bamboo everyone you use a new card then another €5 credit if you refeer a friend. So my last 2 wow burger meals cost me €4.95...ill head off to the stingy thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Honestly Wow and Bunsen are the best - IMHO very different so hard to compare IMHO it's what you're craving - but both lack seasoning on the meat (I agree with an earlier poster)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Davexirl wrote: »
    Always been saying Bunsen is the best, now after trying BuJo in Sandymount my tastebuds have been swayed. Go down and try it.

Bujo is well up there IMO. Hopefully they open a branch in the city centre soon as Sandymount is a bit out of my way. Well worth travelling to though, Ive been twice and both occasions the burger was top notch, I would put it ahead of Bunsen & Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Was going through Sandymount and was starving, so had my second ever Bujo.

Honestly don't think it's anything special, similar to wowburger, GBK and every other burger joint in the country.

Except Bunsen. They really are head and shoulders above anyone else imo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

New 5 Guys opening in Frascati Shopping Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Feck it, I have to be honest. The big Mac no 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

The fckn smell of grease from 5 guys on George's Street today was ridiculous, literally the whole way up from Dame Street to about about 20 metres past it towards Aungier Street. I don't know if they have ventilation issues or something but I've never smelled anything like it from any other other fast food place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Five guys is ****, support the local lads

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I had my first ever Wow burger just over a week ago. Underwhelming is being kind. It was from the one on Wexford Street at about 12.30am so maybe they don't do their best work there but it's put me off ever bothering to try another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Kyle More

The White Moose Cafe in Phibsborough does a great burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Kyle More wrote: »
    The White Moose Cafe in Phibsborough does a great burger.

As long as your not Brazilian !

As long as your not Brazilian !

Or vegan, or a breastfeeding mother :D But all joking aside, despite the image they portray online, Paul and Jason are actually very obliging and attentive hosts. It's all just publicity stunts. In fairness, it works. The reason I went there in the first place was because I wanted to see the place and meet the supposed nutter behind it all. Then, as it turned out, they actually did nice food.

Kyle More wrote: »
    Or vegan, or a breastfeeding mother :D But all joking aside, despite the image they portray online, Paul and Jason are actually very obliging and attentive hosts. It's all just publicity stunts. In fairness, it works. The reason I went there in the first place was because I wanted to see the place and meet the supposed nutter behind it all. Then, as it turned out, they actually did nice food.

Apologies for going off topic there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Bunsen still the best for me.

I have visited GBK next to it on South Anne Street a few times recently and have to say that it offers a good overall experience. Paying at the counter at the beginning meaning one can just walk out when finished, free refills on fizzy drinks, great chip seasonings together with chip dips and a great (contemplates not stating this) vegan burger for 9.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I finally visited Bunsen but I was so drunk I can barely remember. I think ricks is better for drunk people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I have visited GBK next to it on South Anne Street a few times recently and have to say that it offers a good overall experience. Paying at the counter at the beginning meaning one can just walk out when finished, free refills on fizzy drinks, great chip seasonings together with chip dips and a great (contemplates not stating this) vegan burger for 9.50.

GBK could be under threat it seems as store closures are on the cards after racking up losses.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45962981

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

UK market conditions are dire compared to here. UK franchiser does own the Irish branches since abrakebabra sold them in 2016 though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

whiskeyman wrote: »
    GBK could be under threat it seems as store closures are on the cards after racking up losses.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45962981

The branch in the Pavilions in Swords closed last weekend. Five Guys are moving in nearby in the next few months, so the burger boom continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Singer wrote: »
    The branch in the Pavilions in Swords closed last weekend.
    Well thats no loss. I ate there once with the missus. My burger was woeful; she got the scutts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Had another chili shack this weekend and was gorgeous as usual.

Tried a mad egg chicken burger tonight which h was decent enough too. Chips tasted a bit weird. Thank from for their sriracha and ketchup sauces.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AngryLoner

TOKEN have STOPPED DOING their Wild Boar Burger :(

Anybody know anywhere in Dublin that does a Wild Boar burger? I'm strung out....

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Cienciano wrote: »
    I finally visited Bunsen but I was so drunk I can barely remember. I think ricks is better for drunk people.
    Yeah tbh if you are langers I would prefer if you stick to ricks as well.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭trellheim

Bujo tried last night, pleasantly surprised.

Fries not all they could be tho, quantity fine just a little overdone.

However the burger was superb. I'll be back !. Chili Shack still gets my vote but we have a new No.2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JayRoc

On the subject of fries/chips...for someone who generally considers them a waste of time I was pleasantly surprised by Five Guys peanut oil fries. Ate most of a large portion before I knew it.

Reckon the size may have been a factor...it was like the whole bag was full of the nice crunchy small bits that are usually at the bottom of a bag of chips

Certainly the best thing about 5 Guys.

Price was a huge turn-off

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Had a Captain Americas burger on Thursday after Leopardstown... granted I was a few pints in but have to say it wasn't a bad burger at all for a "mainstream" place - lovely crispy bacon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

trellheim wrote: »
    Bujo tried last night, pleasantly surprised.

Fries not all they could be tho, quantity fine just a little overdone.

However the burger was superb. I'll be back !. Chili Shack still gets my vote but we have a new No.2

Bujo is great, Ive only been three times as it is out of the way for me but it is a real good burger.

Chilli Shack excellent too though last time I was in it wasnt great, perhaps just an off night because it is generally very consistent. Though have they sorted out their front door yet? It never seems to close properly and with Deliveroo riders constantly coming and going the place is pretty draughty and cold to eat in, especially during winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

this is a great question.

it's all about opinion I suppose, but i do think bunsen is the best. the meat is unreal

Advertisement