Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Ascot 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

He was impressive there first tine on quick ground too which might be key to him.

A lot of the Camelots I've seen have run mostly in soft

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

kiers47 wrote: »
    Hunting Horn 13/2 - 1pt win (PP)

Thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Good shout kiers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

That was a great race. Dissapoiting for OOSG but beaten by some great horses. Looks like he is probably just passed his best and vulnerable to younger stayers with less mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,677 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ostilio 16-1 in the 5.00 race

Ran second to Without Parole 2 races back, Parole won the St Jamesʼs Palace Stakes on day one, ridden out. Ostilio won last time out easily, on good to firm over a mile. With 6 places I did it EW. Shirley it can place.

GIF-celebrate-Enthusiasm-excited-hell-yes-stoked-wild-win-winner-winning-GIF.gif

• Advertisement

Great shout again Bonetobywilde.

You've put up some tasty priced winners the last couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

That was a great race. Dissapoiting for OOSG but beaten by some great horses. Looks like he is probably just passed his best and vulnerable to younger stayers with less mileage.

Was the ground too fast for him? He usually gets some cut in it.

Bets
    Hunting Horn 13/2 - 1pt win (PP)
    Sarrocchi 33/1 - 1pts e/w (most books)
    George of Hearts 8/1 - 0.5pts e/w 1/5 1-6 (PP)
    Lucius Tiberius 16/1 - 1pt e/w 1/5 1-5 (PP)

1 winner and a profit of 1.5pts for the day. Nothing to stellar but a winning day i guess.
    +5.20pts for the week with 2 days to go.
    Be nice to get into double digits after the 5 days.... (Wishful thinking maybe.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Was waiting on Dubhe for 4.7k off a 20c Heinz... anyone hear why he was pulled?

I take back what I said yesterday, Ascot might not be so bad after all...

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Was waiting on Dubhe for 4.7k off a 20c Heinz... anyone hear why he was pulled?

I take back what I said yesterday, Ascot might not be so bad after all...

We may need to refer you to the AA thread. Where is Fanny **** when you need him... :pac:

He was withdrawn by the vet. Doyle was doing a lot of looking behind as he cantered to the start. Something obviously amiss.

Nice win though!

• Advertisement

We may need to refer you to the AA thread. Where is Fanny **** when you need him... :pac:

He was withdrawn by the vet. Doyle was doing a lot of looking behind as he cantered to the start. Something obviously amiss.

Nice win though!

Ha there was two random football bets included so it wouldn't have been one for here anyway. Wouldn't want to be an Ansell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Count of carabash in the last tomorrow, and hills flying machine In the commonwealth

Am I missing something with this Equilateral horse? He does look fairly nicely bred for a 6f sprint but he is very lightly raced and that race at Doncaster he won by 8 lengths was a Class 5 against poor horses.

Also his two year old record looks ominous, pi55ed up in a 5f Class 5 by 4 lengths before being sent off fav in a Class 3 at York and coming last.

Yeah equillateral was visually impressive and they ve been talking him up but he is miles behind these on form. The horses he beat that day are rated 94 and 72.

He needs to find 10 pounds with Sioux nation on ratings. No brainer at the prices.

AOB and the lads to clean up today. I like their second string in the King edward - Giuseppe Garibaldi he looks a different horse since upped in trip and put on firmer ground.

Bilsden brook looks incredible value. The guineas form is excellent and she well beat them

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Bilsden brook looks incredible value. The guineas form is excellent and she well beat them

There's nothing between her and Alpha centauri on a line through Happily but I think conditions will suit Alpha centauri better today and there is always the worry BBs guineas was a flash in the pan.

Another Day another Dollar.

Balance +5.20pts

Albany
    I see why people are a bit puzzled with why Ryan is riding Just Wonderful over Fairyland. I also get the talk that he doesnt have the choice. I dont agree with that notion but if it was to be true i wouldnt be surprised. The truth is if i had to pick which filly would be the best of these in time then i would also pick Just Wonderful. I seen her on her debut in the Curragh. She is a smashing filly. She is impeccably bred and i think she will possibly be the best of O Briens 2yo fillies by the end of the season. Fairyland is also a cracking filly she beat the boys lto and there was no fluke about it. The 3rd wasnt beaten to far in the Norfolk yesterday. That race was on the same card where Just Wonderful made her debut and the time was a bit quicker in the listed race but not a whole pile. Main Edition is worth a mention she was impressive on both her runs but i couldnt advise backing a Mark Johnston horse in a race like this i cant ever get his horses right. The rest have a bit to go to jump up to this level but its entirely possible. I havent looked at either of the french fillies but they probably couldnt be dismissed. Im going to pass but im a little dissapointed that Ryan is not riding Fairyland as if he was i think Just Wonderful would be 3 times the price. But thats the way it goes. I think she will win.

King Edward VII
    This is another tough race. Delano Roosevelt is a deserving favorite but as i did to my peril yesterday with the oaks i think ill take on the Derby runners. He is obviously the one to beat but his form i dont think is the strongest and he can be opposed at the price. John Gosdens horse has a stone and a half to find to get competitive... Maybe but not for me. Old Persian is interesting and i think he could step up however it was a 3 runner race he ran in the last day and the time before that he was beaten convincingly by his stablemate Key Victory who ran no race yesterday. I think and i know that Rostropovich is worth another go. He ran no sort of race in the Prix Du Jockey Club and was beaten before they turned in. Chantilly is a strange track though and there can be lots of hard luck stories. The ground that day was also on the slow side and he looks to me like a horse that wants top of the ground. I think the GF will be right up his street. I dont like Aidans other horse he won 2 handy races last time and is worth opposing at the prices.. Wells Farhh Go looked good last year but id dismiss him on his poor showing in the Dante. Rostropvich @15/2

Commonwealth Cup
    There is a lot of lads talking about this race and it is set up to be an absolute cracker jack. I like the Hills horse but as someone said he has 9lbs to find with Sioux Nation and 11 to find with Sands of Mali. Ill give him a skip at the prices but would not be surprised were he to win. Sioux Nation oh this lad is a tank he is one of the best looking sprinters ive ever seen Aidan have. The price is very very fair. Invincible Army and Sands of Mali are closely matched. I backed Invincible Army the last day and still not sure how he didnt manage to get up. I think he is likely to reverse the form however i would have neither ahead of SN. There was another horse who ran in that race that im interested in. Heartache, She was wildly impressive at this meeting last year. Hammering the Ward hotpot. Who im not sure ive ever seen as big a gamble at the Royal Meeting. The last day was never the plan and she shaped like a horse who was just out for a spin. I think Cox will have her absolutely popping for this. I seen some big prices about and will have to keep her onside. The others have a fair bit to find and i think ill stick with the proven G1 form. The american horse is a bit interesting for Todd Pletcher but ill leave him beat me if he is up to contending at this level here. SN @9/2 & Hearthache @30/1+ betfair

Coronation
    There are 3 Guineas winners in this race which wets the appetite for a mouth watering contest add into the mix Clemmie and really i dont know what to think. Its dissapointing that we have yet to see the Clemmie that we saw last year yet this season. She was dissapointing in the Irish Guineas and whatever setback she has had makes her no betting proposition for me. Alpha Centauri is the correct fav in my eyes. She was just touched off in the Albany last year and absolutely scorched away from them in the Irish Guineas. I wouldnt right off Bilesdon Brook for her price in the English Guineas there didnt look to be much fluke about it and she beat Laurens, Happily and Wild Illusion that day. So the right horses came to the fore. The other Guineas winner Teppal i was very impressed with. She won a fairly messy race in Longchamp(These fairly messy races in france seem to be a trend :pac: ) I think she could progress from that again. Its a no bet race but if i was to put up a selection it would probably be Teppal at the prices.

Sandringham
    I missed the prices on the Walker/Spencer runner but she is hugely interesting off 88 in this. It looks to be a lenient mark and Jamie up she has to have a chance. I cant possibly go through everything in this race as id be here all week so ill cut to the chase. Im going to back Ralph Beckets filly, Ceilidhs Dream. I wanted to get one drawn high as it seems that the near side group in the Britannia yesterday had a decent advantage. I know it can come down to where the pace is but i still think it is the place to be. Settle for Bay the day before was also drawn fairly high all be it he did come down the middle of the track Granted he would have won that if he was starting behind the stalls. Ceilidhs Dream, She beat Sea of Class on that ones debut and she has been wildly impressive on both her subsequent runs. She shaped like a non stayer when upped to 10f in the musiadora. I think the drop to 10f is sure to suit and a mark of 90 is very workable. Ceilidhs Dream @12/1(There are bigger prices available if you can get on with those bookies but i cant)

Duke of Edinburgh
    Going mid to high in this race here again. Although Ryan did exactly what i didnt want to happen on Lucius Tiberius yesterday and took him back after an average break. The fav Dash of Spice is clearly the one to beat but the price is skinny. This is kind of a compressed handicap with only about 10lbs seperating the field. The one i cam down on was Blakeney Point. He has top weight which is far from ideal however i think he can go well. He improved about 10lbs for the step down in trip last year after previously being campaigned as a stayer. I think there are worse bets i will have but i think this lad will be on the premises at the business end. Lots of other interesting ones if i had more time to mention. Small bet @20/1

Bets
    Rostropovich 15/2 - 1pts e/w 15 1-3
    Sioux Nation 9/2 - 1.5pt win
    Heartache 30/1 - 0.5pts win(Betfair)
    Ceilidhs Dream 11/1 - 1pt e/w 1/5 1-6(PP)
    Blakeney Point 20/1 - 0.5pts e/w 1/4 1-4(Ladbrokes)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Another Day another Dollar.

Balance +5.20pts

Albany
    I see why people are a bit puzzled with why Ryan is riding Just Wonderful over Fairyland. I also get the talk that he doesnt have the choice. I dont agree with that notion but if it was to be true i wouldnt be surprised. The truth is if i had to pick which filly would be the best of these in time then i would also pick Just Wonderful. I seen her on her debut in the Curragh. She is a smashing filly. She is impeccably bred and i think she will possibly be the best of O Briens 2yo fillies by the end of the season. Fairyland is also a cracking filly she beat the boys lto and there was no fluke about it. The 3rd wasnt beaten to far in the Norfolk yesterday. That race was on the same card where Just Wonderful made her debut and the time was a bit quicker in the listed race but not a whole pile. Main Edition is worth a mention she was impressive on both her runs but i couldnt advise backing a Mark Johnston horse in a race like this i cant ever get his horses right. The rest have a bit to go to jump up to this level but its entirely possible. I havent looked at either of the french fillies but they probably couldnt be dismissed. Im going to pass but im a little dissapointed that Ryan is not riding Fairyland as if he was i think Just Wonderful would be 3 times the price. But thats the way it goes. I think she will win.

King Edward VII
    This is another tough race. Delano Roosevelt is a deserving favorite but as i did to my peril yesterday with the oaks i think ill take on the Derby runners. He is obviously the one to beat but his form i dont think is the strongest and he can be opposed at the price. John Gosdens horse has a stone and a half to find to get competitive... Maybe but not for me. Old Persian is interesting and i think he could step up however it was a 3 runner race he ran in the last day and the time before that he was beaten convincingly by his stablemate Key Victory who ran no race yesterday. I think and i know that Rostropovich is worth another go. He ran no sort of race in the Prix Du Jockey Club and was beaten before they turned in. Chantilly is a strange track though and there can be lots of hard luck stories. The ground that day was also on the slow side and he looks to me like a horse that wants top of the ground. I think the GF will be right up his street. I dont like Aidans other horse he won 2 handy races last time and is worth opposing at the prices.. Wells Farhh Go looked good last year but id dismiss him on his poor showing in the Dante. Rostropvich @15/2

Commonwealth Cup
    There is a lot of lads talking about this race and it is set up to be an absolute cracker jack. I like the Hills horse but as someone said he has 9lbs to find with Sioux Nation and 11 to find with Sands of Mali. Ill give him a skip at the prices but would not be surprised were he to win. Sioux Nation oh this lad is a tank he is one of the best looking sprinters ive ever seen Aidan have. The price is very very fair. Invincible Army and Sands of Mali are closely matched. I backed Invincible Army the last day and still not sure how he didnt manage to get up. I think he is likely to reverse the form however i would have neither ahead of SN. There was another horse who ran in that race that im interested in. Heartache, She was wildly impressive at this meeting last year. Hammering the Ward hotpot. Who im not sure ive ever seen as big a gamble at the Royal Meeting. The last day was never the plan and she shaped like a horse who was just out for a spin. I think Cox will have her absolutely popping for this. I seen some big prices about and will have to keep her onside. The others have a fair bit to find and i think ill stick with the proven G1 form. The american horse is a bit interesting for Todd Pletcher but ill leave him beat me if he is up to contending at this level here. SN @9/2 & Hearthache @30/1+ betfair

Coronation
    There are 3 Guineas winners in this race which wets the appetite for a mouth watering contest add into the mix Clemmie and really i dont know what to think. Its dissapointing that we have yet to see the Clemmie that we saw last year yet this season. She was dissapointing in the Irish Guineas and whatever setback she has had makes her no betting proposition for me. Alpha Centauri is the correct fav in my eyes. She was just touched off in the Albany last year and absolutely scorched away from them in the Irish Guineas. I wouldnt right off Bilesdon Brook for her price in the English Guineas there didnt look to be much fluke about it and she beat Laurens, Happily and Wild Illusion that day. So the right horses came to the fore. The other Guineas winner Teppal i was very impressed with. She won a fairly messy race in Longchamp(These fairly messy races in france seem to be a trend :pac: ) I think she could progress from that again. Its a no bet race but if i was to put up a selection it would probably be Teppal at the prices.

Sandringham
    I missed the prices on the Walker/Spencer runner but she is hugely interesting off 88 in this. It looks to be a lenient mark and Jamie up she has to have a chance. I cant possibly go through everything in this race as id be here all week so ill cut to the chase. Im going to back Ralph Beckets filly, Ceilidhs Dream. I wanted to get one drawn high as it seems that the near side group in the Britannia yesterday had a decent advantage. I know it can come down to where the pace is but i still think it is the place to be. Settle for Bay the day before was also drawn fairly high all be it he did come down the middle of the track Granted he would have won that if he was starting behind the stalls. Ceilidhs Dream, She beat Sea of Class on that ones debut and she has been wildly impressive on both her subsequent runs. She shaped like a non stayer when upped to 10f in the musiadora. I think the drop to 10f is sure to suit and a mark of 90 is very workable. Ceilidhs Dream @12/1(There are bigger prices available if you can get on with those bookies but i cant)

Duke of Edinburgh
    Going mid to high in this race here again. Although Ryan did exactly what i didnt want to happen on Lucius Tiberius yesterday and took him back after an average break. The fav Dash of Spice is clearly the one to beat but the price is skinny. This is kind of a compressed handicap with only about 10lbs seperating the field. The one i cam down on was Blakeney Point. He has top weight which is far from ideal however i think he can go well. He improved about 10lbs for the step down in trip last year after previously being campaigned as a stayer. I think there are worse bets i will have but i think this lad will be on the premises at the business end. Lots of other interesting ones if i had more time to mention. Small bet @20/1

Bets
    Rostropovich 15/2 - 1pts e/w 15 1-3
    Sioux Nation 9/2 - 1.5pt win
    Heartache 30/1 - 0.5pts win(Betfair)
    Ceilidhs Dream 11/1 - 1pt e/w 1/5 1-6(PP)
    Blakeney Point 20/1 - 0.5pts e/w 1/4 1-4(Ladbrokes)

Great write up as usual, best of luck

Angels Hideaway 12-1
    &
    Main Edition 6-1
    Both
    EW in the 2.30
    I like both of these, 4 places Paddy Powett

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

2.30 - Byron Bay ew @ 28/1
    3.40 Billesdon Brook ew @6/1
    5.35 Ascot - Manjaam High ew @33/1
    5.35 Ascot -Eddystone Rock ew @33/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

2.30 Le pelosa 12/1
    3.05 Rostropovic 8/1
    3.40 Sioux Nation 7/2
    5pm Agrotera 11/2
    Lucky 15 win

Angels Hideaway 12-1
    &
    Main Edition 6-1
    Both
    EW in the 2.30
    I like both of these, 4 places Paddy Powett

Win
    Main Edition

Place
    Angels Hideaway

I won again !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

at least you're not gloating about it

Win
    Main Edition

Place
    Angels Hideaway

I won again !

Your making a habit of this...

AnneFrank wrote: »
    at least you're not gloating about it

Yea, sorry. To be honest I had very little on today regrettably

In 3.40 going with
    Sails of Mali 9-1 ew
    &
    Cheeky bet on
    Now you're Talking 66-1 ew

Captureza.jpg

Forgot I backed that

I'm on fire it seems.

Heartache doing a bit of a Harchibald impression there... Travelled into the race very very nice. Still on the bridle a furlong out. Folded like a kitten.
    Problem is i know ill back her the next day when i know i shouldnt.

• Advertisement

Gone with
    Threading 7-1
    &
    Anna Nerium 20-1 ew

In 4.20

Advertisement