Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Ascot 2018

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

kiers47 wrote:
    If the winner was drawn closer to the other side i would expect him to have won further. He more or less raced on his own for the last furlong. That is a pretty mean feat for a precocious 2yo

I'm not crabbing the winner, he is very fast . I look forward to both of them taking each other on again. Maybe the National stakes or dewhurst

• Registered Users Posts: 35,753 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mabs Cross at 20-1 is a good ew in 3.40

Has improved this year and still is. Should place if it can run on as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Johner wrote: »
    Calyx was also very keen on the way down to the start and still has a lot to learn. Sergei also only finished third in the end when looking like he would be second. I don't think anything reverses form with Calyx next time out.

agree with that

wouldnt be so sure of sergei beating the second placed horse next time out myself
    looked like he was gonna take him but advertise looked slightly stronger at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Battaash went off like a scalded cat there. Strong pace really set it up for the stronger stayer blue point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Battaash went off like a scalded cat there. Strong pace really set it up for the stronger stayer blue point

I'd like to see the fractions Jesus it looked a mad pace.
    Lady Aurelia was paddling 2f out. I'm not sure he had a choice but if he did it was fairly poor judgement from Jim Crowley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Crowley cocked up badly. He really is a very average jockey. Mabs cross actually finishes the race faster than the winner. Battash has almost stopped to a halt in the last 50 yds. and yes im talking through my pocket.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,753 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Chilean 40-1 in 4.20

Ran a good 6th over a mile at Doncaster in good company. Less to deal with here,
    I like ew

Up ya boya Frankie. Nice horse

Ryan Moore lost his mind there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Moore thought he was running in the commonwealth cup

Is Moore trying to get the sack? His minds not in it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Gonna take a chance on Yucatan. Think he has his perfect conditions today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

kiers47 wrote: »
    Up ya boya Frankie. Nice horse

Ryan Moore lost his mind there.
    Orders?

It's been one hell of a meeting for form taking a bashing, indeed it's been that kind of year. I'm a convert re Without Parole who looks like more than a flash in the pan, a gorgeous looking animal, but how are we supposed to digest Gustav Klimt's run? Donnacha is fine jockey for sneaking a horse into a race, I'd love to see Gustav go on from here but I wouldn't put money on it.

was on coeur de lion last couple of time where it got going too late

one last chance ew

tryfix wrote: »
    Orders?

It's been one hell of a meeting for form taking a bashing, indeed it's been that kind of year. I'm a convert re Without Parole who looks like more than a flash in the pan, a gorgeous looking animal, but how are we supposed to digest Gustav Klimt's run? Donnacha is fine jockey for sneaking a horse into a race, I'd love to see Gustav go on from here but I wouldn't put money on it.

Ya possibly or maybe they horse just ran off with him.

He is a lovely mover isn't he. He really came on for the good ground. I think he got a bit lonely up front tbh. Either way hopefully he will come on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Absolutely superb from Atenzi there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Who the f*ck is “L A goes to Vegas”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    Absolutely superb from Moore there. Thats why he is the best in the business. Not his fault AOB yard not firing.

?

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »
    Who the f*ck is “L A goes to Vegas”
    :ermm: Its Lagos. As it capital of Nigeria

Absolutely superb from Moore there. Thats why he is the best in the business. Not his fault AOB yard not firing.

?
    My fault. Thought Moore was on board.

My fault. Thought Moore was on board.
    Fair play for admitting it. Moore hit trouble again. He's really not on it at all.

• Advertisement

kevin blake gave that winner when asked before the race (5.0 race)

they asked him for joseph o briens best chance of the week
    downdraft in the king george v on thurs was his pick

12/1

**** of a day betting wise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

That ride was great by Atzeni on lagos, the way he checks around him when hugging that rail was smart before making his move, could call it the winner 2f or further out when he got he eyed the gap.

Hard day that was today and it doesnt get easier unless you are on Cracksman antepost, the Wes Ward horse will be good to see in the opener to see if it can follow in his previous winners of the race footsteps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

:ermm: Its Lagos. As it capital of Nigeria

Also a lovely holiday place on the Algarve.

An awful day today. Lost 5 points should have only been 4 but got suckered in to backing the French horse after a bit of a drift.

Will stick up a write up in the morning but initial selections will likely include Shades of Blue, Nelson, Settle for Bay and possibly unforgettable filly... Haven't nailed anything down yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

€20 treble for me tomorrow, a get rich quick certainty really.

Chelsea cloisters 5/2
    Aljazzi (nap). 9/2
    Cracksman 4/7

Easy , isn’t it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Chelsea cloisters bet of the week tomorrow

Chelsea cloisters bet of the week tomorrow

She's short enough. Hard to quantify the form but I thought shades of blue should at least be vying for favoritism. I thought she was the one to beat.
    I don't know the first thing about US maiden form so I usually just take them on.

The price is absurd imo. But best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Also a lovely holiday place on the Algarve.

LAGOS is indeed lovely and Artistos bar opp Tivoli hotel is a great place to watch racing or any sport For that matter as Luis will put on football golf and racing at the same time for sport fans.Alma Luis up by the Triangle is excellent for fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

BumperD wrote: »
    I’m going to have 1 decent bet each day on a group 1. The fav Lady Aurelia will be my day 1 selection, I’ve had little time to study the flat so far this season but aim to watch a lot of this week in the evenings after work. Brilliant week of racing ahead

Missed race presume no excuses, just not good enough Lady Aurelia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Tough racing again at Ascot and i have backed FIRMAMENT in the Hunt Cup at 16/1 with PP who go 6 places.He likes these big field handicaps and is now very well handicapped.

Has run well in a lot of big handicaps and was 5th of 27 here last july off 109 and 3rd of 19 over cd the year before in a 158,000 handicap off 108.Off 101 now and ran a very good race here last time when drawn badly over 7 furlongs and was 2nd in his group not beaten far on a day when he could not feature from his draw.

Stablemate ESCOBAR could also run well and might be worth a saver.

I have also backed TOMYRIS at 10s in the 3 40 and expect a good run.

The placepot could pay very well and i will have a go at it with a buddy and we will invest around a €100 between us.

2 30 NOS 1 -17
    3 05 NOS 4-5-9 Fellowes saying JEREMIAH worked very well even though he should have little chance on ratings.Fellowes normally is realistic about his chances so i will include Jeremiah.
    3 40 nos 1 -7
    4 20 no 2.
    5 oc nos 17-23 and maybe one more.Added no 13,its not oten Halford sends a raider to the UK.
    5 35 no 8 and one more to be decided.Added no1 and no 18,going with classic form even though there is a penalty for James and with potential with no 18
    2x3x2x1x3x3= 108 bets.

Advertisement