Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Ascot 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Ground has been confirmed as Good to Firm all round anyway which is great to see.

Queen Anne is only 30mins away now and Benbatl has been by far the best backed horse. Nearing 3/1 with some books although Rhodendrum is still at the top of the betting on the exchange.
    The French horse is taking a walk but id imagine this is to do with lack of support rather than anything else. If he continues to slide it might just tempt me to a bet. 13/2 - 7/1 would be hard to pass on.

**I put a back up at 8.0 on betfair that has gotten matched. :pac:
    So much for a no bet race.
    1pt win Recoletos 8.0 (betfair)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Good luck !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Just glanced at the betting at the weekend and saw US Navy Flag at 6s with Paddy.

Into 9/2 >>> 4/1 now, would have to inspire confidence

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Just glanced at the betting at the weekend and saw US Navy Flag at 6s with Paddy.

Into 9/2 >>> 4/1 now, would have to inspire confidence

The only issue i have with US Navy Flag is that i dont think he quite stays the mile and the mile in Ascot is pretty stiff.
    Think the Jersey would be the perfect race for him.

Im also not sure how he is going to overturn 2 lengths with Romanised. Didnt look like there was much excuses that day.
    I could eat those words later though :pac:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Bit of a shock in the first . 2 lowest rated in the field finish first and second

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

kiers47 wrote: »
    The only issue i have with US Navy Flag is that i dont think he quite stays the mile and the mile in Ascot is pretty stiff.
    Think the Jersey would be the perfect race for him.

Im also not sure how he is going to overturn 2 lengths with Romanised. Didnt look like there was much excuses that day.
    I could eat those words later though :pac:

Yeah, just fancied him to come on again from the last run, especially given how he thrived on racing last year.

Ascot mile is stiff but wouldn't the Curragh be stiffer again?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,677 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Barbill 100-1 ew
    Cosmic Law 10-1 ew
    I like both of these
    In 3.05

• Registered Users Posts: 35,677 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Bit of a shock in the first . 2 lowest rated in the field finish first and second

I really liked Lord Glitter, so consistent, would have won but for traffic. Had to check few times, I backed it ew.

Pretty big shock there in the opener. Not Soumillon's finest moment kicking for home about 4 out in a mile race. Id be fairly pissed if i was on Benbatl. He shaped like the best horse for much of that.

Recoletos sweated up pretty badly and broke poorly. Was staying on a bit but he never really got going.
    Rhododendrum seemed to hit a flat spot id imagine she got burned out by the pace.
    While i didnt back him i have a serious crush on Lord Glitters travelled very nicely into the race just got outdone for speed late on. Would love to see him win a big race like this. Great ride by Jamie in fairness, gave him every chance.
    Limato doesnt stay now. Hasnt stayed ever. They need to give up on this Mile dream. Drop him to 6f. He would have been a serious contender on Saturday. But the connections are idiots.

Winner benefited from the front ones cutting their throat.
    I must watch it back but anything up with the pace seemed to fall into a hole in the last furlong.

I really liked Lord Glitter, so consistent, would have won but for traffic. Had to check few times, I backed it ew.

Id have to watch it back but thats the way he needs to be rode. He pulls himself up in front and needs to be just landed there coming through traffic. Like the horse myself thought it was a great ride at first glance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Love to see Calyx hack up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

going with advertiser ew at 11s

top two a bit short for a race of this nature

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Yeah, just fancied him to come on again from the last run, especially given how he thrived on racing last year.

Ascot mile is stiff but wouldn't the Curragh be stiffer again?

I wouldnt be an expert on track inclines tbh. I would have guessed they are similar in fairness.

These front 2 in the market here are very short. Taking out about 60% of the book.

Jesus he's an absolute rocket ship!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Thoughts on the ride on Sergei?
    Found a lot of trouble in the middle of the race

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Al_Coholic wrote: »

Another shocker from Moore. This season will finish him at ballydoyle I'd say.;)

That's what I wanted to see, destroyed his group

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Best horse won.

Winner is good but Ryan Moore was asleep and got in trouble for a bit . Fancy sergi to beat the winner next time

• Advertisement

Best horse on the day won. Dont think you could have any complaints on that.

Maybe 1 of these will progress into a be better 3yr old but this lad is by far the best of these at the moment.

Winner is good but Ryan Moore was asleep and got in trouble for a bit . Fancy sergi to beat the winner next time

Not sure about that. The winner beat his side by about half a furlong :pac:. Think if he was in the other pack he would have won a lot further.

On what basis? Murtagh said the same thing that Sergei was the one to take out of the race. Don't agree at all

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Best horse on the day won. Dont think you could have any complaints on that.

Maybe there will be better 3yr olds but this lad is by far the best of these at the moment.

You'd really wonder what people be watching when they come out with nonsense like this

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

Al_Coholic wrote:
    Thoughts on the ride on Sergei? Found a lot of trouble in the middle of the race

I thought Frankie gave the better ride on the better horse, Moore prob could have done better but don't think he'd have won

You'd really wonder what people be watching when they come out with nonsense like this

I stand over that. Who do you think is better at the moment?
    That was his second run in less then a month and he smashed a top quality field.

**Also i meant that maybe some of these would progress into a better 3yr old which is obviously not a bold statement in the slightest. Maybe i worded it badly and thats what your talking about.
    Clearly i wasnt comparing him to any current 3yr olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Not sure about that. The winner beat his side by about half a furlong :pac:. Think if he was in the other pack he would have won a lot further.

Calyx was also very keen on the way down to the start and still has a lot to learn. Sergei also only finished third in the end when looking like he would be second. I don't think anything reverses form with Calyx next time out.

On what basis? Murtagh said the same thing that Sergei was the one to take out of the race. Don't agree at all

Well sergi was beaten a length and a neck . He found trouble in running and maybe if he was drawn next to the winner it may have been a different result. The winner is a very good horse no doubt

Name one better so?

• Advertisement

Well sergi was beaten a length and a neck . He found trouble in running and maybe if he was drawn next to the winner it may have been a different result. The winner is a very good horse no doubt

If the winner was drawn closer to the other side i would expect him to have won further.
    He more or less raced on his own for the last furlong. That is a pretty mean feat for a precocious 2yo

Advertisement