Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Ascot 2018

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Those little pieces with AOB are great you would never see him talk like that on TV normally. Just wish AP would stop talking over him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Those little pieces with AOB are great you would never see him talk like that on TV normally. Just wish AP would stop talking over him.

They are very good alright. Ive only seen 2 of them. I must try to catch the others online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Adorable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

That was a joy to watch. She has a huge amount in hand there.

Jesus that would nearly give you goosebumps. Would be great if she took on the boys.
    She'd give them a right rattle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I put the wrong time down for Billesden Brook and I think it placed with Paddy. Is my bet fecked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Billesdon brook didn't place.

Hence is a full sister to alive springs so should love this ground. Small ew on her

Jesus Frank the only time I didn't back you in the straight mile handicap.. grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 35,677 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Count Calabash 8-1
    Crowned Eagle 20-1
    Top Tug 16-1

Done these 3 ew 5 places PP in last .

Alpha Centaurai smashed the track record beat it by nearly second I think. Although there is some debate about how long that stands as they were messing around with the race distances i think. From a mile to 7f 200yds changed in 2017 I think people are saying. Either way quite impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Blue De Vega 20/1 Wokingham.6F is perfect but his style of racing means he needs luck in running but if he gets that luck nothing will be coming home as strong,huge player.

I cant post to my tread it just wont work. stupid capta thing

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Bound for Nowhere a big drifter in the Jubilee. 10s to 16s. That has put me off him anyway. Think Ill go with Harrys Angel instead. Jockey was kicking himself after last years defeat to Carravagio in the Commonwealth Cup and should put it right this year.
    Im going to take a punt on Isle of Innisfree in the 345 too. Paddy Beggy rode a good winner on Fleeting in Limerick last night and could continue that good form today.
    I think Ill throw in Antietams selection there of Blue de Vega as well. When I read that post I remembered he was an ante-post selection a few weeks back for one of the RP columnists and I always backed his sire Lope de Vega when he ran years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

dreamfield 2/1 now :eek:

have it backed at 4s

could see it hacking up tbh

George Bowen
    Tis Marvellous
    Victory Angel
    Silent Echo

all ew for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

going with pallasator in the lucky last.

Glencadam Glory ew
    &
    Renneti ew

For me in the last.

It seems the five unannounced testing by the BHA worked .

Crystal Ocean 4/7 is honey from a tree should be 1/3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

antietam wrote: »

Hahahahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,378 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

BumperD wrote: »
    going with pallasator in the lucky last.
    Well done. Personally, I misjudged it badly, though the attempt to put it over hurdles and charity races was a sign of desperation.

Well done. Personally, I misjudged it badly, though the attempt to put it over hurdles and charity races was a sign of desperation.

I am so far behind on the flat this season in terms of form/keeping up with results trust a jumps horse to land me my only royal ascot winner this week :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

antietam wrote: »

What time does this one run at?

Didnt get a chance to do a write up for saturday so unfortunately couldnt get into a decent profit on the selections put up here.

Still managed to book a very small profit over the 4 days. Not quite what i would have hoped for but could have been worse after a bad start.
    +1.70pts for the 4 days(and a little more for those getting guaranteed prices)

Saturday went ok for me. I wont aftertime but it was fine, but nothing stellar.

My main takeaways from the week are as follows.
    1. Alpha Centauri!! She is a monster. Were she to show up against the boys(including Without Parole) id want to keep her onside. Price depending of course. Id imagine Without Parole would be overbet if they were to meet even though i am also a big fan of his. Id nearly have it as a match and would be surprised if she wasnt bigger in price.
    2. The middle distance 3yo's are closely matched. Masar the obvious exception. He would have beaten anything that ran over a mile and a half there this week imo.
    3. Contrary to the above i think Hunting Horn if taking another step forward could be a lively outsider for the Arc if the ground were to be Good in October. But he will need to improve again.
    4. One of Kew Gardens or Southern France will be Aidans Gold Cup horse next year. I would guess Southern France but i really liked both performances in the Queens Vase. Stradivarius is clearly the one to beat. A lot of water to go under the bridge between now and then though.
    5. I hope James McDonald stays riding over here more. He is an absolute superstar.
    6. Settle for Bay will win a Gr2 or Gr3 mile race this year on good ground. Possibly the Gr2 that is on Champions day in Leopardstown.
    7. Calyx is an absolute weapon. He will win the Dewhurst.
    8. The older milers havent a hope of beating one of the top 3yo's if they show up in the Sussex.
    9. Crystal Ocean is a good horse but i wasnt blown away as much as some. Think he will need to improve again to win the KG. Id much rather Stoute sent Poets Word there. Think he'd trash them if Cracksman didnt show up and if he did id still think he would be the one to beat.
    10. With the uncertainty on Enable and Cracksman disappointing the Arc is absolutely wide open.

Overall i enjoyed the meeting but it didnt catch my attention as much as other years. There was a lack of absolute superstars with the exception of a few. Hopefully that will change as the season progresses.

Onwards and upwards to the Curragh to check out the Saxon Warrior strut his stuff. Anyone heading along be sure to get a nice pitch at the parade ring to see this lad. You will not be disappointed.

My main though for the week, was to just give up trying to pick big priced horses, and just sit back and enjoy the racing. I was away on hols all week so didn't see everything.

I'm around a while and Alpha Centuri was as impressive a win as anything ive seen. She is unbeatable in that form

What happened to Harry Angel was a scadal (its not pocket talk), its the biggest sprint of the year and it clearly should not have started in that manner.

aidankkk wrote: »
    My main though for the week, was to just give up trying to pick big priced horses, and just sit back and enjoy the racing. I was away on hols all week so didn't see everything.

I'm around a while and Alpha Centuri was as impressive a win as anything ive seen. She is unbeatable in that form

What happened to Harry Angel was a scadal (its not pocket talk), its the biggest sprint of the year and it clearly should not have started in that manner.

Also yes agree with that, that incident was a joke. I had no bet in that race but i thought it was a disgrace for anyone who punted him and very unsatisfactory. Surely the stall handlers could see the horses hind leg was caught up. Kirby obviously couldn't. The horse almost kicked the back of the stalls open. How they didnt decide to check him out after that i have no idea. I feel for anyone who did back him.

Alpha Centuri looked physically so much bigger than the opposition. Have managed to watch most of the replays online and she stood out a mile.

Calyx, strange how far he was ahead on one side, all draw bias?

Noteworthy AOB said all his flock were 3 weeks behind for Epsom. I backed Kew Gardens at Epsom, now he tells us! Pocket talk! Anyway worth noting for his upcoming runners, they will be spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭del roy

BumperD wrote: »
    Alpha Centuri looked physically so much bigger than the opposition. Have managed to watch most of the replays online and she stood out a mile.

Calyx, strange how far he was ahead on one side, all draw bias?

Noteworthy AOB said all his flock were 3 weeks behind for Epsom. I backed Kew Gardens at Epsom, now he tells us! Pocket talk! Anyway worth noting for his upcoming runners, they will be spot on.

three weeks behind or cough cough ?

Advertisement