Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting at Bray Boxing Club, 1 killed, 2 seriously injured...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

One lad apparently shot three times in his leg. Must've been a machine gun used?

Grayson wrote: »
    It's only anomalous if you take it out of context. The murder rate per day here is less than one. So any day in which there is a murder is above average. To get a few murders in a few weeks doesn't indicate a worrying trend if the only sample you use is those weeks.

The fact is that the occurrences of murders does not follow a regular distribution patterns. If we average one a week then we would have two some weeks and zero others. The arrival pattern for these events is irregular in the short term but in the long term shows a pattern. In fact it's to be expected that we will see short term increases and decreases.

Is that you Leo? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Helicopter is circling the Dun Laoghaire area, it must be doing the laps from bray and all around the wider areas.

Does anyone know if pete taylors injuries are life threatening or not, conflicting reports from different news lets regarding his current condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Fine, if your happy with a shoddy legal system, poor health system, a brutal housing market, an under resourced and badly mismanaged police force and insurance cartels by all means it might be a utopia for you. It isn't for many.

We should aspire to be world leaders and not accept mediocrity as you are. Not derailing further.

That's some post , from a discussion about a shooting barely investigated you manage to drag the HSE , housing , Gardai and insurance into.

Your post is the equivalent of a madman's ****e , all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Fine, if your happy with a shoddy legal system, poor health system, a brutal housing market, an under resourced and badly mismanaged police force and insurance cartels by all means it might be a utopia for you. It isn't for many.

We should aspire to be world leaders and not accept mediocrity as you are. Not derailing further.

Ha it's so easy to just pick a few negative things and then say the whole country is a shambles whilst ignoring the many positives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

There's screen shots doing the rounds on whatsapp of one lad saying he was shot 3 times in the leg and Taylor shot in the chest

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭weisses

Are Muslims being blamed yet ? .... Just checking

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Is that you Leo? :)

It's me Charlie. And I have ID to prove it.

IMG_20151005_120800post.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

seamus wrote: »

The description of a white van with UK reg plates suggest it was probably a traveller gang who carried out this shooting.

What a load of crap Columbo

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Nothing but lowlife scumbags that follow and participate in boxing and Mma etc. Filth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

weisses wrote: »

More than likely Catholics. Bring back the penal laws!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Source?

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/dublin-has-become-the-gun-murder-capital-of-europe-69575922-237669061

I remember that being a common tale alright back around then.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Grayson wrote: »
    It's only anomalous if you take it out of context. The murder rate per day here is less than one. So any day in which there is a murder is above average. To get a few murders in a few weeks doesn't indicate a worrying trend if the only sample you use is those weeks.

The fact is that the occurrences of murders does not follow a regular distribution patterns. If we average one a week then we would have two some weeks and zero others. The arrival pattern for these events is irregular in the short term but in the long term shows a pattern. In fact it's to be expected that we will see short term increases and decreases.

it would be like that article a short while ago that used data from a few weeks in london to "prove" that it had a higher murder rate than new york. People generally have a very poor understanding of statistics and there are plenty of journalists happy to take advantage of that to create sensational headlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,072 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

More than likely Catholics. Bring back the penal laws!

Did someone say penile?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

tomofson wrote: »
    Either related to the Hutch kinahan feud or traveller feud, your guess is as good as mine at this stage.

Most likely Hutch kinahan, didn't the hutches use vans like that in a previous high profiled attack.

Someone mentioned a name on journal.ie regarding the deceased, name doesn't ring any bells regarding organized crime.

I have to say the sooner that gang falls on its own sword the better.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I have to say the sooner that gang falls on its own sword the better.

I think they are both currently slipping on their own swords, The Hutches probably closer to the blade than the kinahans though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Wexford Doyle

Another Hutch hit (obvious by the fact the target wasn’t the one who was killed).
    Either related to the Hutch kinahan feud or traveller feud, your guess is as good as mine at this stage.

Most likely Hutch kinahan, didn't the hutches use vans like that in a previous high profiled attack.

Someone mentioned a name on journal.ie regarding the deceased, name doesn't ring any bells regarding organized crime.

I don't get it - what high-profile attack?

What do you mean by saying the Hutch gang have missed their intended targets before? Any specific incidents?

I don't get it - what high-profile attack?

What do you mean by saying the Hutch gang have missed their intended targets before? Any specific incidents?

Are you just acting the ejit or what?

Are you just acting the ejit or what?

Username gives a hint! :D

Victims age went from 30 to 50.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Victims age went from 30 to 50.

I got a WhatsApp pic of him and he looked older than 30 alright. When I googled his name I got nothing. Maybe they did get the wrong guy.

pablo128 wrote: »
    I got a WhatsApp pic of him and he looked older than 30 alright. When I googled his name I got nothing. Maybe they did get the wrong guy.

I'm guessing he resembled pete a little bit thats why they shot him straight away, before noticing they got the wrong fella then shot at pete.

Just a theory.

I'm guessing he resembled pete a little bit thats why they shot him straight away, before noticing they got the wrong fella then shot at pete.

Just a theory.

Not going by the pic I got. Pete would be far more well built. But I don't know tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭2forjoy

Either way Pete is a marked man now.
    He be best advised to emigrate / join Katie in USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I didn't realise that Pete Taylor owned that gym. We feed the swans there twice a week, there's really fancy cars parked outside sometimes. Now I know why !

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I didn't realise that Pete Taylor owned that gym. We feed the swans there twice a week, there's really fancy cars parked outside sometimes. Now I know why !

Runs it.
    He owns the white Mustang thats usually parked outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

PandaPoo wrote: »

He doesn't own it, he runs it. Bray Town Council own it.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

He doesn't own it, he runs it.

I would say his contract might be terminated. The building is council owned, isn't it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MOD Enough of that now!

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    I would say his contract might be terminated. The building is council owned, isn't it?

I'd imagine thats the last of his worries after today, I dont think you would be seeing too much of him around that gym in the future anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement