Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting at Bray Boxing Club, 1 killed, 2 seriously injured...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

2forjoy wrote: »
    Isn't Quinn on the same side anyway. But of course he could double cross .
    At the end of the day they are all chips off the same block.

Actually that's very true.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

80783ea4ae.jpeg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

80783ea4ae.jpeg

Jesus I love his scarf that's v nice so it is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

D Trent wrote: »
    Jesus I love his scarf that's v nice so it is

Looks like he robbed a pillowcase from the hospital to hide his injury (so as not to draw attention to himself I suppose......)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Looks like he robbed a pillowcase from the hospital to hide his injury (so as not to draw attention to himself I suppose......)

Sneaky Pete

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

80783ea4ae.jpeg

Taylor Swift exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Some serious character assassination going on in this particular thread excuse the pun, a few posters speculated correctly although I could be hearing bull**** myself. I think my lines of intelligence are solid though, I've no reason to believe otherwise. The Herald ran a story that cumo was the guy that allegedly ran into a pub looking for Gerry Hutch, yet today it names yer man from the bond that got convicted in Spain for his alleged part in killing Gary as the guy who went into the bar. Ken Foy... Don't know the this Foy gentleman personally but I believe his favourite song is 'I shot the sheriff'. The sheriff is here though, still. Alive and well and posting away on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Some serious character assassination going on in this particular thread excuse the pun, a few posters speculated correctly although I could be hearing bull**** myself. I think my lines of intelligence are solid though, I've no reason to believe otherwise. The Herald ran a story that cumo was the guy that allegedly ran into a pub looking for Gerry Hutch, yet today it names yer man from the bond that got convicted in Spain for his alleged part in killing Gary as the guy who went into the bar. Ken Foy... Don't know the this Foy gentleman personally but I believe his favourite song is 'I shot the sheriff'. The sheriff is here though, still. Alive and well and posting away on boards.

The fcik?

Are you saying you are Gerry the Monk or Bob Marley?

The fcik?

Are you saying you are Gerry the Monk or Bob Marley?

Bob Monkhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Anyone can be a boards member.. :D

A while back, someone had a beef with another member, to do with a sale on avderts.ie, when he googled the name of the person he had a beef with.. major scumbag.

You have no idea who might be reading/reacting to your posts.

• Advertisement

Don King.

I’ve always enjoyed your posts before I knew you were Larry Holmes

I’m a business man. I take it your class sizes are down. With the impending ruin of society due to the recklessness of all these lads wrecking everything for everyone I’m thinking maybe I should take up boxing until the kids get old enough to protect me.

Are you cutting prices because the average working man wouldn’t go near your class or are you hoping to earn the Kinehan money?

Would you teach me for free? I’d give up the booze and practice whatever homework you give me.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭someyoke

Brae100 wrote: »
    Taylor Swift exit.

Too imaginative for the herald!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭runrun2

Amalgam wrote: »
    Anyone can be a boards member.. :D

A while back, someone had a beef with another member, to do with a sale on avderts.ie, when he googled the name of the person he had a beef with.. major scumbag.

You have no idea who might be reading/reacting to your posts.

I remember on another forum there was a thread relating to person (not a criminal) - the person didnt like one or two comments that were said about him in the thread and he set up an account and basically commented in the thread that anyone saying anything bad about him on the thread could be easily tracked down. He then erased the comment but everyone on the forum would've got in in their inbox. It was true what was being said but people stopped all the same.

runrun2 wrote: »
    I remember on another forum there was a thread relating to person (not a criminal) - the person didnt like one or two comments that were said about him in the thread and he set up an account and basically commented in the thread that anyone saying anything bad about him on the thread could be easily tracked down. He then erased the comment but everyone on the forum would've got in in their inbox. It was true what was being said but people stopped all the same.

Bob monkhouse?

I’ve always enjoyed your posts before I knew you were Pete.

I’m a business man. I take it your class sizes are down. With the impending ruin of society due to the recklessness of all these lads wrecking everything for everyone I’m thinking maybe I should take up boxing until the kids get old enough to protect me.

Are you cutting prices because the average working man wouldn’t go near your class or are you still earning the Kinehan money?

Would you teach me for free? I’d give up the booze and practice whatever homework you give me.

I'm not Pete Taylor. But I could teach you a thing or two, I'm also a businessman however so the lessons wouldn't be free. I was referring to the character assassination of a certain Mr. Peter Taylor. Look at the screenshots of Herald headlines above and read between the lines. That ones on the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,171 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

We're on to you.

Coming over here from another forum.

Taking our posts and our wimmin and acting like you feckin' own the place.

Boards admins are sending a car to your gaff right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,171 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Bob monkhouse?

The bould Bob was well known for that sort of thing in his heyday

I'm not Bob monkhouse But I could teach you a thing or two, I'm also a businessman however so the lessons wouldn't be free. I was referring to the character assassination of a certain Mr. Peter Taylor. Look at the screenshots of Herald headlines above and read between the lines. That ones on the house.

I edited that for ye bob

We're on to you.

Coming over here from another forum.

Taking our posts and our wimmin and acting like you feckin' own the place.

Boards admins are sending a car to your gaff right now.

Build that wall

• Registered Users Posts: 28,586 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Do people really still do email updates? How 1990s....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Part of yesterdays Sunday Times article on Pete Taylor
    Pete Taylor, the boxing coach injured in the gun attack in his Bray club earlier this month, has insisted he is not involved with crime and believes that the shooting, which claimed the life of his friend Bobby Messett, could have been an act of intimidation gone wrong.

Mr Taylor, father of lightweight boxing champion Katie Taylor, was speaking to the Sunday Times.

The boxing coach claims to be perplexed as to the reasons why "anyone would attack the club, myself or any of our members." He said that if anyone wanted to directly target him there would have been "much less risk in shooting me at 4.30am outside my home when I set off for my first personal training session of the day, or at 6.15am when I arrive at the boxing club, which is an isolated area, in the dark. Or at night, when I am locking up the club at 9pm."

"My routine is identical every day," Mr Taylor told the Sunday Times.

Describing the shooting, Mr Taylor said that the assailant fired eight times when he entered the club and that he was (Mr Taylor) only hit when he attempted to tackle the gunman.

"The only reason I got caught in the firing line was because I made an attempt to run at him. My natural instinct was to attack back and try to protect my friends," he said.

Mr Taylor, who is recovering from his injuries abroad having been discharged from hospital last week, said he was in the dark as to the motive behind the shooting and dismissed rumours of his involvement in crime, saying that his gut feeling was that the attack was "an act of intimidation that went wrong."

Mr Taylor also addressed rumours that the shooting could be linked to his supposed association with boxing management company MTK, it is alleged that MTK has links with members of the Kinahan crime family, though Mr Taylor insists that he has never met any member of the family.

He further stated that he was not directly involved with MTK and that he simply coaches a number of professional boxers, with whom he has previously worked with at amateur level, managed by MTK.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Recent article from Pete in the indo, very much a poor me article and he basically doesn't think he was the target.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/boxing/i-am-jobless-and-homeless-pete-taylor-opens-up-on-tragic-shooting-at-bray-boxing-club-37140983.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

Lol who does he think he is fooling?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

He has a reputation for throwing his weight around from his time as a bouncer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

He made a good point as to why the hitman struck when the gym was full, and that he opens the gym himself early in the morning.
    Seems amateur if they really wanted him gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

He was on the Late Late, he must be respectable

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

ah, the same daughter that has disowned him and wouldn't even get in contact with him after almost being assassinated, except from a forced "I wish him the best" quote through the media which was more of a f*ck off and leave me out of it plea!

Katie seems to be a woman with strong morals and deep faith so to estrange herself from her father for 3 years now would take a monumental bit of "gurrier behaviour" from Pete! It is pretty clear now that there is a lot more to it than him kopping off with her friend.

The "he was on the LLS" remark was quite humorous, :D I am of the impression you came on here to stand out!

There is always one bored 15 year old on their Summer holidays that attempts to become the thread protagonist!

• Site Banned Posts: 1 hoode

BREAKING: The man arrested last week is going before the district court in Bray very soon.

The woman was released without charge and a file will be prepared for the DPP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,329 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mod Note This thread may have to be closed now due the case being before the courts. I'll discuss it with the mods to see if we can reopen it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement