Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting at Bray Boxing Club, 1 killed, 2 seriously injured...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

It sounds like the Gardai have their homework done and are hopefully ready to press charges soon.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gardai doing great work only to be let down by the Judiciary in this Country.

There needs to be some sort of referendum on Judicial reform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭runrun2

Whats the story with the shooting in Shankill, I know nobody was injured but very close to Bray all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Am I wrong to feel, Pete Taylor calling the dead man his close friend, tarnishes a little, his reputation.

His daughter certainly doesn't want to be linked with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

Happy4all wrote: »
    Am I wrong to feel, Pete Taylor calling the dead man his close friend, tarnishes a little, his reputation.

People have different experiences of different people. Do you know no alleged adulterers that you would consider a friend?

• Advertisement

Yeah, i felt the same way when I read that headline, I was thinking to myself I bet some people will think he was in with him. (Whatever in means)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Didn't see anything in it. Prob just teaching him early morning boxercise classes so called him a friend. Doesn't look like they ever knew each other outside of the gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Didn't see anything in it. Prob just teaching him early morning boxercise classes so called him a friend. Doesn't look like they ever knew each other outside of the gym.

"Bobby was my close friend"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭josip

runrun2 wrote: »
    Whats the story with the shooting in Shankill, I know nobody was injured but very close to Bray all the same.

Closer to Killiney than to Bray.

josip wrote: »
    Closer to Killiney than to Bray.

Leaving the types of areas out of this, whens the last time you heard of a shooting in Shankill?

I don't think its a coincidence myself that this occurred so close to the last event.

In my own opinion, Bray is no different to a 100 other areas in Dublin, it definitely has a rough part and always had but equally has some very sought after areas.

There's a handful of areas in north and south Dublin that have a thoroughly respectable reputation as far as lack of shooting etc goes but I'm sure plenty of the residents are involved in high class crime of a different nature some of which is totally legal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I thought so too. PT described how the dead man had been his sparring partner and was seemingly close to him for a number of years. If that were the case, he
    had to have had an inkling as to what Pete Taylor seems to have gotten himself involved with. I am not insinuating that the dead man himself had anything to
    do with Taylor's unsavoury activities, but, unfortunately, he was caught up in them and finished up murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭josip

Leaving the types of areas out of this, whens the last time you heard of a shooting in Shankill?

I don't think its a coincidence myself that this occurred so close to the last event.

In my own opinion, Bray is no different to a 100 other areas in Dublin, it definitely has a rough part and always had but equally has some very sought after areas.

There's a handful of areas in north and south Dublin that have a thoroughly respectable reputation as far as lack of shooting etc goes but I'm sure plenty of the residents are involved in high class crime of a different nature some of which is totally legal.

That's my point. It's not SO close.
    It's in a part of Shankill. Miles away from Bray.
    And Ratsallagh is perfectly capable of generating its own headlines and doesn't need to coat tail recent events in Bray.

How can you have crime that's legal ?

josip wrote: »
    That's my point. It's not SO close. It's in a part of Shankill. Miles away from Bray. And Ratsallagh is perfectly capable of generating its own headlines and doesn't need to coat tail recent events in Bray.

How can you have crime that's legal ?

We'll just have to wait and see what comes out about the Shankill incident.

Plenty of crime is legal if you know the loopholes and the right people.

Yeah, i felt the same way when I read that headline, I was thinking to myself I bet some people will think he was in with him. (Whatever in means)

Whoever wrote that must have known how that would look to most people.
    Katie knew enough to distance herself from the boxing club, having already
    been estranged from her father.

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Whoever wrote that must have known how that would look to most people.
    Katie knew enough to distance herself from the boxing club, having already
    been estranged from her father.

Yeah, when your own daughter uses the word ''estranged'' and comments like that about the club it doesn't look too good.

I wonder did Pete think about the implications of calling him a close friend, I bet the mans family are livid about that.
    On the one hand it makes people maybe feel compassionate towards Pete losing someone close and being injured and then on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭snotboogie

AfterLife wrote: »

People have different experiences of different people. Do you know no adulterers that you would consider a friend?

You pick adulterer as his worst character trait?

snotboogie wrote: »

Its the only one known as fact. The rest is all hearsay.

So, someone attempted to kill him because he is an adulterer?? Yeah, right! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭snotboogie

I don't think that is a known fact either. It could have been a split

I don't think that is a known fact either. It could have been a split

That's true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Odhinn

What is the "hearsay" thus far?

Odhinn wrote: »
    What is the "hearsay" thus far?

Lots of people suggesting he's involved in the big feud somehow. The Gardai aren't saying anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Plenty of crime is legal if you know the loopholes and the right people.

Then by definition it's not a crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

I hear there is a WhatsApp video doing the rounds claiming to be of a certain debt collector upending a lad who probably didn’t pay his debt.
    The video claims it was him , a week or two before the shooting , and in clondalkin but I have no idea if it actually is or not.
    Sure could be anyone in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,624 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I hear there is a WhatsApp video doing the rounds claiming to be of a certain debt collector upending a lad who probably didn’t pay his debt.
    The video claims it was him , a week or two before the shooting , and in clondalkin but I have no idea if it actually is or not.
    Video looks like its outside a pub or a nightclub, does he do doors ?
    Its odd cause the other chap in the video seems to be just walking by with a bottle of Coke in his hand but they seem to know each other,

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Video looks like its outside a pub or a nightclub, does he do doors ?
    Its odd cause the other chap in the video seems to be just walking by with a bottle of Coke in his hand but they seem to know each other,
    It would be normal for doorman to know the local junkies and troublemakers and encounter them a couple of times a week.
    Agreed the video looks like nothing more than a bouncer getting into an argument. Words are exchanged at a distance before they square up to eachother.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Just got sent that video myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Getting told now the video is. Fake

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

Just noticed there’s an odd coincidence with the Shankhill Shooting and the Taylor one I don’t want to name names here but if you read this artcle you’ll see it https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/convicted-knife-killers-family-home-targeted-in-gun-attack-36999689.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mucky_Tackies

Just noticed there’s an odd coincidence with the Shankhill Shooting and the Taylor one I don’t want to name names here but if you read this artcle you’ll see it https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/convicted-knife-killers-family-home-targeted-in-gun-attack-36999689.html

Nice spot. Guy mentioned was the guy in the famous photo with PT in the Indo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement